HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines in practice

Old
11-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Habs83

vCash: 500
Lines in practice

Carbo used the same freaking lines in practice today!

http://habsinsideout.com/main/11201

I live in Kanata, and had I known, I would have gone down there and smacked Carbo in the head with Breezby's jock-strap!

Habs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Kriss E

Carbo's playing with fire

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 01:57 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Carbo's playing with fire
I hope the Habs will loose tonite and Saturday. This will be the end of Carbo behind the habs' bench. Good riddance.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
No way he gets fired. Period.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 02:07 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
I can hardly blame Carbo when this team make 30 giveaway per game

CareyClutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
I hope the Habs will loose tonite and Saturday. This will be the end of Carbo behind the habs' bench. Good riddance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs83 View Post
I live in Kanata, and had I known, I would have gone down there and smacked Carbo in the head with Breezby's jock-strap!
pathetic

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 02:15 PM
Judge Sauer*

Blagh, so Tommy K on the second again?

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Seriously, I like Carbo but he isnt using his assets right. Koivu/Tangs, Plek/Kovy, Kostys.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
I can hardly blame Carbo when this team make 30 giveaway per game
We have the same team that finished 1st last year.
We replaced Ryder with Tanguay, that's a plus.
We replaced Smolinski with Lang, that's also a plus.

We lost Streit.

I highly doubt Streit is the reason for our collapse.

That's where the coach comes in. It's his job to prepare the team. 30 Giveaways a game is quite a lot. I'm sorry but you can't put all the blame on the players for that.
We have a great team in terms of raw talent, we also have pretty much the same team as last year. So, it's not normal that ALL our players just suddenly all play bad at the same time this season.
This comes from the coach. What we were doing last year isn't working this year, that means we have to adapt something new.
I fail to see anything new in our plays.

Further more, we lost 1 player on what was our bread and butter last season. ONE player.
Instead of finding a replacement there, we switched all 5players. Please explain to me the reasoning behind this.

We lose Streit, so we put Markov on the right point (NEW)..Tanguay on left point (NEW)..Koivu center (matched up with NEW players)..Lang on left (NEW)..Higgy/Lats on right side (NEW)

Why didn't we keep it intact and just put A.Kost (most powerful shooter in our team) on the point with Lats taking his spot down low?..Why did we completely reshuffle a winning combination??

Why does our D look like crap when we were claiming we had the best Top3D prior to the start of the year?

All these questions are related to coaching. While I agree, a lot of players could be doing more, I also think the Coach could do a hell of a better job.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 02:45 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Carbo... 3 goals in 2 games = your ****ing hilarious lines don't work!!!

Latendresse - Koivu - Tanguay
Higgins - Lang - Kovalev
Kost - Pleks - Kost
BGL - Lapierre - TKO

I'm not Lapierre's biggest fan but he's done nothing wrong this year to deserve being scratched for 3 straight games, what a joke.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
Carbo... 3 goals in 2 games = your ****ing hilarious lines don't work!!!

Latendresse - Koivu - Tanguay
Higgins - Lang - Kovalev
Kost - Pleks - Kost
BGL - Lapierre - TKO

I'm not Lapierre's biggest fan but he's done nothing wrong this year to deserve being scratched for 3 straight games, what a joke.
u r my hero.....plz email carbo these lines

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 02:55 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs83 View Post
Good luck, it's already in his mouth.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:00 PM
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Good luck, it's already in his mouth.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
And then be replaced by you and then we'd lose every game 35-0.

BTW, there's no game tonight... its tomorrow, picklepuss.

Good Riddance is the expression I'll use the day you get permabanned.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Ross MacLochness

C'mon Carbo, you know damn well that Kovalev with Koivu and Tanguay, and Kostop with Higgins and Pleks has no future so why keep forcing it?

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:

We lost Streit.

That's where the coach comes in. It's his job to prepare the team. 30 Giveaways a game is quite a lot. I'm sorry but you can't put all the blame on the players for that.
We have a great team in terms of raw talent, we also have pretty much the same team as last year. So, it's not normal that ALL our players just suddenly all play bad at the same time this season.
This comes from the coach. What we were doing last year isn't working this year, that means we have to adapt something new.

Further more, we lost 1 player on what was our bread and butter last season. ONE player.
Instead of finding a replacement there, we switched all 5players. Please explain to me the reasoning behind this.

We lose Streit, so we put Markov on the right point (NEW)..Tanguay on left point (NEW)..Koivu center (matched up with NEW players)..Lang on left (NEW)..Higgy/Lats on right side (NEW)

Why didn't we keep it intact and just put A.Kost (most powerful shooter in our team) on the point with Lats taking his spot down low?..Why did we completely reshuffle a winning combination??
Why does our D look like crap when we were claiming we had the best Top3D prior to the start of the year?

All these questions are related to coaching. While I agree, a lot of players could be doing more, I also think the Coach could do a hell of a better job.
Hum, the only difference is, its Higgins who had the spot down low (he was 3rd for PP goals after Kovy and Pleks)... but yeah for everything else, I agree.

Put it back to what it was, with a replacement for Streit :

Higgins-Koivu/Pleks-kovy
Markov-AKost

Then use the second unit to experiment, you'll have a lot of choice :

Lang, Koivu/Pleks, SKost, Tanguay, Lats, Hammer....

Or simply switch Higgins for Tangs on the first unit.

Old
11-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
C'mon Carbo, you know damn well that Kovalev with Koivu and Tanguay, and Kostop with Higgins and Pleks has no future so why keep forcing it?
Maybe he felt that putting players that are too used to each other together will make them complacent? By moving people around, it makes them think a bit more and work harder to adapt? I'm just throwing it out there.

Believe it or not, its not a fluke that Carbonneau is a head coach in the NHL. His hockey IQ is through the roof so I'm sure he has his reasons for the changes he has made... even if us fans can't understand them.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
maybe hes getting them ready for the allstar game

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Year 101

kostopoulus doesnt have the talent but he does have the heart ad grit and may be able to get the guys going.

Year 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Andy

The problem with Carbonneau, he gets blinded by his own emotions and often it takes him long to adjust his game plan within the game. He got outcoached by John Stevens!! That's sad.

I know the players aren't working hard, but when is Carbonneau going to realize that his system does not work!

Montreal has to stop doing hale marry passes from behind their net to outside their blueline, they have to stop the 1 man fore-check, it simply doesn't work. The defensemen have to stop playing safe, how many times do we cycle the puck for the opposing team wait for it on the half-boards and skate out of the zone with ease? Why can other teams d-men attack our guys on the half-boards but we can't attack theirs.

Finally what happened to using our speed? Carbo has to practice a 2 man fore-check, with our speed we can easily win footraces.

Finally stop rolling 4 lines in consistent order, the opposing team knows what's coming next, you lose your home ice advantage that way! Don't be afraid to double shift, stop the 1,3,2,4,1,3,2,4,1,3,2,4<---This is exactly what he does.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:43 PM
TheCH*

I know many will deny it, but our pp really misses Mark Streit.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Mother Pucker

Quote:
Quote:

We lost Streit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
The problem with Carbonneau, he gets blinded by his own emotions and often it takes him long to adjust his game plan within the game. He got outcoached by John Stevens!! That's sad.

I know the players aren't working hard, but when is Carbonneau going to realize that his system does not work!

Montreal has to stop doing hale marry passes from behind their net to outside their blueline, they have to stop the 1 man fore-check, it simply doesn't work. The defensemen have to stop playing safe, how many times do we cycle the puck for the opposing team wait for it on the half-boards and skate out of the zone with ease? Why can other teams d-men attack our guys on the half-boards but we can't attack theirs.

Finally what happened to using our speed? Carbo has to practice a 2 man fore-check, with our speed we can easily win footraces.

Finally stop rolling 4 lines in consistent order, the opposing team knows what's coming next, you lose your home ice advantage that way! Don't be afraid to double shift, stop the 1,3,2,4,1,3,2,4,1,3,2,4<---This is exactly what he does.
In the coaching strategy deficiency departement I also noticed that in our PP nobody ever crashes the net. All our players stay in the periphery and we never create ANY circulation in front of the net. It seems other teams have figured that out and all they have to do is block the passing/shooting lanes and we're screwed.
Also, I think the reasons for our lack of goals in the last games isn't only our line combinations, but rather that forwards are now more backing defense and defensemen aren't backing offense as much. Hense we score less but also get scored less upon.

Mother Pucker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:44 PM
speed11

it's one thing if the lines are clicking, getting there chances are we're just not finishing, but these lines are horrid, why are you doing this to me Carbo, why

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Mother Pucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Do we? I'm having nightmares at night in which he leaves and I scream "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Mother Pucker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
No it doesn't... it misses its hold system where Markov was not the shooter, where everybody were used to playing at their spot. Put Markov back on the left side and put someone with a hard precise slapper on the right side, preferably AKost, or maybe SKost.