HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

bob gainey

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-19-2008, 03:01 PM
  #1
timkerr
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
bob gainey

organisation not bad at drafting thats what makes club good.were the probleme is it the coach he has to deal with full of unsigned players and others that will follow next year and two other players on bench that never know when thy play ,so not coach fault only bob gainey fault.tanguy,koivu .kovalev,komisarek,lang.what if komisarek leaves.who made that situation.and how about the ribiero for player not playing any more.tanguay is a good aquisition if he signes but if not he costed a first and a second choice.and how about the guys he lost for nothing like hainsey,beauchemin,and he could signe mark streit much before he got free agent for penuts.he said it him self he would sign for much lower , this is my opinion how about yours think the same way.

timkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:03 PM
  #2
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
could be.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:04 PM
  #3
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
514-254-6011

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:04 PM
  #4
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timkerr View Post
this is my opinion how about yours think the same way.
Yes. This is exactly what I was thinking sitting here in my office. Thank you.




But seriously, bob gainey also made a good team for us no?

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:06 PM
  #5
Ginoro
Registered User
 
Ginoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 853
vCash: 500
937-0707

Ginoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:06 PM
  #6
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,430
vCash: 500
...

Okay, okay. I'll stop smoking marijuana.

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:13 PM
  #7
CH4
Registered User
 
CH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 500
I'm sure at this moment I'm glad the guy is on my IL

have fun arguying with the guy that triple post and cannot write Price without having 3 spelling mistake in it.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:15 PM
  #8
Jakomyte
Registered User
 
Jakomyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,130
vCash: 500
If a GM made the best decision 100% of the time, his team would have God as its captain and Jesus as its goalie...

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:21 PM
  #9
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginoro View Post
937-0707
you cheap imitation













PS: thanks a lot now I have that song in my head.... "le clan paneton pour dé-ména-gé!!"

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:23 PM
  #10
IcE ColD
Registered User
 
IcE ColD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vieux Port Inc.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,848
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
I totally not understand a thing the guy said... really.

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:24 PM
  #11
Plekanetzz
Registered User
 
Plekanetzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Saguenay, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 540
vCash: 500
I CanOt reD

Plekanetzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:26 PM
  #12
Year 101
Registered User
 
Year 101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 641
vCash: 500
it can go either way. some players dont like dealing with contracts in a middle of the season some would like to know they are not going to get traded or are going to stay with their team for a while.A la higgins against Atlanta. you know you talk about his flaws. What about him being a huge reason our team is the way it is.

Year 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:26 PM
  #13
timkerr
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
what scares me the most is who will we keep them when there only 1500 000 left on salary cap,just keeping komi we will bust it and alex tanguy you will be out of money alot so why you think the players feel of playing for the team there last season.like not knowing if you'LL still be working for same employer .


Last edited by timkerr: 11-19-2008 at 03:44 PM.
timkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:29 PM
  #14
Bumjoo Wang*
 
Bumjoo Wang*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timkerr View Post
penuts
Talk about the whole package





edit: No offense man, English isn't my first language either, I just couldn't contain myself.

Bumjoo Wang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:30 PM
  #15
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timkerr View Post
what scares me the most is how will we keep them when there only 1500 000 left on salary cap,just keeping komi we will bust it and alex tanguy you will be out of money alot so why you think the playrs feel of playing for the team there last season.like not knowing if you'LL still be working for same employer .
Hey good job ignoring the rude comments about the language man.

I hear what you're saying. But don't you think that seeing that they are UFAs that they are more likely to want to do well?

You do have a point in the sense that they might be more concerned with personal stats than they normally would and this affects the overall team cohesion.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:32 PM
  #16
Year 101
Registered User
 
Year 101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timkerr View Post
what scares me the most is how will we keep them when there only 1500 000 left on salary cap,just keeping komi we will bust it and alex tanguy you will be out of money alot so why you think the players feel of playing for the team there last season.like not knowing if you'LL still be working for same employer .
kind of imossibl since we have millions of dollars to sign these players next year... and alot of contracts of players we wont resign witll be up.

Year 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:34 PM
  #17
Bumjoo Wang*
 
Bumjoo Wang*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
You do have a point in the sense that they might be more concerned with personal stats than they normally would and this affects the overall team cohesion.
I think the real issue is that right now most of them don't seem that much concerned about anything.

Bumjoo Wang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:35 PM
  #18
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcE ColD View Post
I totally not understand a thing the guy said... really.
he said the team has drafted fairly well and this is the reason why we are a good team. however, this being said, the op claims that the problem is that the coach has to deal with many players whose contract expires after this year or next year and two players who sit in the press box and don't know when the'll play. the op claims this is not only the coach's fault but also bob gainey's fault and cites as an example the cases of tanguay, koivu, kovalev, komisarek and lang and he then further ponders upon the effects on the team of the fact that komisarek may leave. faced with this conundrum, the op considers who is at fault following which he raises the issue of ribeiro being traded for a player not playing in the nhl anymore. in the op's perspective it is clear that tanguay was a good acquisition if he signs an extension with us because otherwise we would have a lost a first and a second pick for a player who is no longer with us after the season. then comes the necessary discussion of the players we lost for nothing, such as ron hainsey and françois beauchemin. it is furthermore observed by the op that mark streit could have been signed for peanuts if he had been signed sooner and claims that mark streit said so himself. this is the op's opinion and the op asks whether you share this opinion.

What's there not to understand?

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:36 PM
  #19
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timkerr View Post
what scares me the most is how will we keep them when there only 1500 000 left on salary cap,just keeping komi we will bust it and alex tanguy you will be out of money alot so why you think the playrs feel of playing for the team there last season.like not knowing if you'LL still be working for same employer .
Wow... now that you've looked at a dictionary or called 254-6011 and sound somewhat rational... you should realize that Bégin, Lang, Dandenault and Kostopoulos will probably be gone next year and if Bouillon wants to stay, he will have to take a paycut. We've already been through this over and over. Replace those 4 players of Chipchura, MaxPac, Maxwell, Stewart and D'Agostini and you have around 5 mil in free space. Quite enough for the difference in salary Komi (+3), Pleks (+2), Higgins (+2), Tangs (+1), Koivu (-1) and Kovy (-) will ask.

Let Bob do the worrying, he seems good for that, y'know, he's a NHL GM afterall.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:37 PM
  #20
rocketlives
Registered User
 
rocketlives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timkerr View Post
organisation not bad at drafting thats what makes club good.were the probleme is it the coach he has to deal with full of unsigned players and others that will follow next year and two other players on bench that never know when thy play ,so not coach fault only bob gainey fault.tanguy,koivu .kovalev,komisarek,lang.what if komisarek leaves.who made that situation.and how about the ribiero for player not playing any more.tanguay is a good aquisition if he signes but if not he costed a first and a second choice.and how about the guys he lost for nothing like hainsey,beauchemin,and he could signe mark streit much before he got free agent for penuts.he said it him self he would sign for much lower , this is my opinion how about yours think the same way.

This sure is BG's team and he's known to always play it safe. If we have a good run at the Cup this year (3 or more playoff rounds), he's a genius. If we fold again in the first two rounds or, God forbid, we miss the playoffs altogether, he's a bum. However, he'll still have a good group of young players and prospects around whom he can build a pretty good team after getting rid of the dead wood.

rocketlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:39 PM
  #21
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
he said the team has drafted fairly well and this is the reason why we are a good team. however, this being said, the op claims that the problem is that the coach has to deal with many players whose contract expires after this year or next year and two players who sit in the press box and don't know when the'll play. the op claims this is not only the coach's fault but also bob gainey's fault and cites as an example the cases of tanguay, koivu, kovalev, komisarek and lang and he then further ponders upon the effects on the team of the fact that komisarek may leave. faced with this conundrum, the op considers who is at fault following which he raises the issue of ribeiro being traded for a player not playing in the nhl anymore. in the op's perspective it is clear that tanguay was a good acquisition if he signs an extension with us because otherwise we would have a lost a first and a second pick for a player who is no longer with us after the season. then comes the necessary discussion of the players we lost for nothing, such as ron hainsey and françois beauchemin. it is furthermore observed by the op that mark streit could have been signed for peanuts if he had been signed sooner and claims that mark streit said so himself. this is the op's opinion and the op asks whether you share this opinion.

What's there not to understand?

lol....Nicely done.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:40 PM
  #22
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
he said the team has drafted fairly well and this is the reason why we are a good team. however, this being said, the op claims that the problem is that the coach has to deal with many players whose contract expires after this year or next year and two players who sit in the press box and don't know when the'll play. the op claims this is not only the coach's fault but also bob gainey's fault and cites as an example the cases of tanguay, koivu, kovalev, komisarek and lang and he then further ponders upon the effects on the team of the fact that komisarek may leave. faced with this conundrum, the op considers who is at fault following which he raises the issue of ribeiro being traded for a player not playing in the nhl anymore. in the op's perspective it is clear that tanguay was a good acquisition if he signs an extension with us because otherwise we would have a lost a first and a second pick for a player who is no longer with us after the season. then comes the necessary discussion of the players we lost for nothing, such as ron hainsey and françois beauchemin. it is furthermore observed by the op that mark streit could have been signed for peanuts if he had been signed sooner and claims that mark streit said so himself. this is the op's opinion and the op asks whether you share this opinion.

What's there not to understand?

Not everyone of us talks 'dog', you know?

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:42 PM
  #23
CH4
Registered User
 
CH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the finnish flash View Post
Talk about the whole package





edit: No offense man, English isn't my first language either, I just couldn't contain myself.
English isn't mine neither.

There is a major difference between poor english (some grammar mistakes, verb tense and word selection) and not taking the time to express his views properly. Just by looking at his punctuation make me wonder how he write in french...

Just go and take a look at all his 60 posts in his personal profile you'll see. It is good fun.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:42 PM
  #24
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,360
vCash: 500
Also the rumor is that the cap is expected to go up around 3MM next year, so it gives a little more room if Koivu, Tanguay, Kovalev and Komisarek are re-signed plus deals for Pleks and Higgins. The good news is that if they continue to play like crap, they won't cost as much come this summer.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:47 PM
  #25
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
Question for the capologists related to this: what happens if (when?) the cap goes down as it surely will in the upcoming years? Hypothetically, a team could have already committed more salary for an upcoming year than the cap permits that year.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.