HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

A. Kostitsyn the new scapegoat

Old
11-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Joe Cole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
OR : take everything you read and hear with a grain of salt.

yep.

My way is less aggrevating.

Seriously, listen to less sports talk increases my enjoyment of watching the game. I think I may even cut the sound off completely, like during the Radio Canada strike.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I'd like to see 10 games or so of A.Kost. with Higgins and Koivu.
I'm not opposed to that either...all I care about is having him on RW

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:59 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
He was our best foward last night with Lats! Nonsense.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 01:12 PM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
He'll shoot more when he's put where he should naturally be, on right wing.

I'm not the type to continually put into question the coaching staff's decisions, they do what they do because they see their players more often than us armchair coaches/gm's do. But I can't help but ask myself why this hasn't been an option?

When I see what AK46 can do when he does play on right wing, the shot off the post last night, I don't understand how that doesn't immediately single something in the coaching staff's mind. They're not getting the maximum potential out of AK46. To me, it's obvious, having AK on left wing makes as much sense as having Kovalev on left wing, NONE.

Tanguay-Plekanec-Kovalev
S.Kostitsyn-Koivu-A.Kostitsyn

Should be the top two lines...two guys who prefer to pass (Tanguay/S.Kostitsyn) on their natural left side, and two guys who prefer to shoot/carry (A.Kostitsyn/Kovalev) on the right side.
Those lines could indeed work and yes, I also prefer AK46 on the right side.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 01:32 PM
totalrecall

this never happened to me before, but i was so fed up with all these comments on RDS that i actually watched whole game on mute..

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 01:41 PM
CanadienErrant*

A.Kost will soon regain his game. I am more worried about S.Kost. Right now, D'Agostini would not do worse than Sergei. Some games in the AHL might be the solution to wake him up.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:15 PM
BulldogFever

RDS always picks on the same guys - the euros Koivu, Plekanec, AKost,SKost, Markov. I'll admit AKost is off to a slow start but we don't have alot of depth scoring. He's getting his confidence back, after you get your bell rung and nobody steps up and pounds the guy that did it, will cause you to hesitate before you drive the net.

BulldogFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:19 PM
lxzred

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Tanguay-Plekanec-Kovalev
S.Kostitsyn-Koivu-A.Kostitsyn

Should be the top two lines...two guys who prefer to pass (Tanguay/S.Kostitsyn) on their natural left side, and two guys who prefer to shoot/carry (A.Kostitsyn/Kovalev) on the right side.
I like the looks of it on paper, but breaking up Tanguay and Koivu at this point?
I can't see that happening right now since they have been our 2 best players on most nights.

lxzred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Andy

I honestly try to avoid watching Rds as much I can, I even refuse to go to their site. I understand that their fan base is comprised of mostly of the French population and that they must keep them happy in order to keep them watching the station, but the problem is, those viewers actually believe what those space cadets tell them.

Unfortunatly, outside the city of Montreal, and Quebec city, much of the population does not speak English, or understand it, so they will not watch other news stations(TSN, Sportsnet) and Rds takes advantage of that and those fans actually believe them, like the false hope that Guillaume Latendresse will actually be a 45-45 guy and a premier powerforward, or that AKost is stealing Lappiere's place(even though they don't play the same position).

Sometimes I wish I didn't speak French so I couldn't understand what those guys were saying, frankly it's embaressing and disgraceful to this province because the station makes us look like a bunch of xenophobic racists. For the first time in my life, I find myself watching Habs games to the voice of Bob Cole, any chance to watch the game in English, I take it.

It's quite sad.

Wake up Rds, Wake up!!!

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:50 PM
la25ecoupe

****, i just watched the stupid Gaston Therrien RDS clip talking **** about the Kostitsyns brothers. He literally said that the brothers are welcome to leave the country.

WTF!

Piss me off.

Is there a way to send an email to the administration/management/complaint?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
****, i just watched the stupid Gaston Therrien RDS clip talking **** about the Kostitsyns brothers. He literally said that the brothers are welcome to leave the country.

WTF!

Piss me off.

I was just coming here to complain about the same thing... he told them to go back to siberia. He also mentions that these lazy players are taking the spots of "our quebecers" who don't deserve to be benched. Oh and according to Gaston Therrien, O'Byrne doesn't have to clear waivers.

I really think it's mob mentality; they are all choosing to see the exact same thing. Somehow the whole RDS crew thought AK sucked last games.. when everyone here thinks he was our best forward last two games. It started with le moron chantelois and now it's the rest of the gang as well.

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Andy

Quote:

WTF!

Piss me off.

I created a thread, if you scoll down the rds page, they have a contact us, I filed a complaint, I suggest you do the same!

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:21 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:

WTF!

Piss me off.

take Brisebois clone it 18 times get them all to play for the HABS and you make Therrien and the clowns at RDS happy, cause that's what the team should be in their redneck opinion.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Mother Pucker

Quote:

WTF!

Piss me off.

OMG did he really say that? What a retard. I didn't think RDS could go that low...

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:22 PM
MTL-rules

Yep, I just saw the Therrien clip... it isn't pretty, I give you that, espacially the comments about Russia vs "our country"...

But, his main point is pretty much the same one as everyone else here... he says that the players have to earn their ice time and roster spots and that the Kostitsyn bros, Plekanec and Higgins aren't deserving it...

So his comments aren't as bad as your making them to be... still... Therrien is a idiot to think that Andrei isn't playing well or that Plekanec doesn't put the effort... want to blame someone, start with the supposed leaders in Markov and Kovalev...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:25 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
I was just coming here to complain about the same thing... he told them to go back to siberia. He also mentions that these lazy players are taking the spots of "our quebecers" who don't deserve to be benched. Oh and according to Gaston Therrien, O'Byrne doesn't have to clear waivers.

I really think it's mob mentality; they are all choosing to see the exact same thing. Somehow the whole RDS crew thought AK sucked last games.. when everyone here thinks he was our best forward last two games. It started with le moron chantelois and now it's the rest of the gang as well.
in their 2 marbles in a tin can heads they think that by bashing the Kost bros, Gainey would bump Tender to the 1st line after getting rid of the bros.

retards
can't understand how morons like that are allowed to work for a national sport channel.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 07:32 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I think people are harder with Andrei because deep down they believe he has the greatest potential. And he himself said before the season that he was gonn score 30 goals or more.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote