HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Meet the team night (was tonight)

Old
11-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Sec201

vCash: 500
Briere Suiting up!

Putting on the new guy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010034.JPG‎ (904.1 KB, 81 views)

Sec201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 09:57 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
Saw metro and upshall at the ACDC show, Scotty had a hot blonde with him and was rocking out. Metro looked like somebody just shot his dog. Doesn't seem to be a personable kinda guy.

I wish the retros had the old flyer orange, which was more red, instead of construction vest orange, ah well. It'll be great to wear them on the road and see other teams fans who remember the 70's see those jerseys and have flashbacks to the mass beatings and have a worried look on their faces.
Where were they in the arena? I was there, secion 6 on the floor, row 8. It was an absolutely sick concert. I thought I might see some of them there maybe in a club box.

BillyShoe1721 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 10:01 AM
Richyrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
Well I certainly made out better than last year. I would've gotten a lot more, but I stood in Gagne's line for an hour and a half. My list: Gagne, Parent, Nodl, Alberts, Knuble, Hatcher, Cote, and Gratton. Gagne and Parent were pretty nice, but they seemed really bored. Gagne kept getting up while I was waiting. I swear I never thought I'd get out of that line. Nodl, Alberts, and Knuble were all extremely nice, especially Alberts. I feel bad for knocking on him too now hahah. By the time we got done with that line though, everything was pretty much closed off, but the lady me and my friend were walking around with knows everyone so she got us in the Cote line. Unfortunately, no Cannon for me . I already had his jersey signed anyway though. And speaking of jerseys, I filled out the pre-order paper for a Richards third. I have no idea how much that ****'s gonna cost, but I know it's gonna be crazy trying to get one of those around Christmas. My mom yelled at me and said I should've waited to get it as a gift, so I just told her to give me the money and I'll give her the jersey to give to me hahah. Either way, I'll get my money hahaha.

Marty is pretty ****ing awesome though. The group I was with all decided to go to a bar afterward back in Vorhees, and me and my friend got there mad fast, but the other car with everyone else called us on the way. Apparently they saw Marty next to them at a light, and he pulled over for them and signed their stuff and took pictures. He said he was really sorry about how the night went, because a lot of people only got one or two autographs. They really do need to set that **** up better next year.

GKJ, I was looking for people but I didn't see anyone from here. It was probably me though. Although, I'm pretty sure I saw you at the end of the game on Sunday walking out.
Marty has to be one of the most down to earth, nicest athletes on the planet. I absolutely love him and his beautiful eyes

Richyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Richyrich

Quote:
I still wear it. Luckily enough I haven't had any major spillage going on with it, and anything that does happen to find its way on there is easy enough to just wipe off with a wet towel. But yes, I'm assuming dry cleaning would be the way to go.
Any time I get a jersey signed I bring a sharpee rubadub marker...

I've had my jersey's autograph's for 5-6 years now and Kim Johnsson and Robert Esche are still going strong

Old
11-19-2008, 10:12 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
Any time I get a jersey signed I bring a sharpee rubadub marker...

I've had my jersey's autograph's for 5-6 years now and Kim Johnsson and Robert Esche are still going strong
You bring your own marker?

Smart. I figured going to the Carnival and all, they would have their own markers.

I need the most permanent marker I can find.

Anyone spill stuff on an autographed jersey???? How did you get it out?

I love my black Cannon jersey, and want to keep wearing it. When I get it autographed, I want to still keep wearing it, and not worry about spilling beer and stuff on it.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Richyrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
You bring your own marker?

Smart. I figured going to the Carnival and all, they would have their own markers.

I need the most permanent marker I can find.

Anyone spill stuff on an autographed jersey???? How did you get it out?

I love my black Cannon jersey, and want to keep wearing it. When I get it autographed, I want to still keep wearing it, and not worry about spilling beer and stuff on it.

Sharpie Rubadubs, IIRC, are awesome... They will fade over time in the wash but, as I said, I still have the signatures after I outgrew the jerseys.

I have spilled coffee on one of my auto'd jerseys... I didn't use anything to get it out... I would imagine stain stick would work (unless it's on the auto'd portion... which mine was so I didn't even try)

Old
11-19-2008, 12:54 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Well I certainly made out better than last year. I would've gotten a lot more, but I stood in Gagne's line for an hour and a half. My list: Gagne, Parent, Nodl, Alberts, Knuble, Hatcher, Cote, and Gratton. Gagne and Parent were pretty nice, but they seemed really bored. Gagne kept getting up while I was waiting. I swear I never thought I'd get out of that line. Nodl, Alberts, and Knuble were all extremely nice, especially Alberts. I feel bad for knocking on him too now hahah. By the time we got done with that line though, everything was pretty much closed off, but the lady me and my friend were walking around with knows everyone so she got us in the Cote line. Unfortunately, no Cannon for me . I already had his jersey signed anyway though. And speaking of jerseys, I filled out the pre-order paper for a Richards third. I have no idea how much that ****'s gonna cost, but I know it's gonna be crazy trying to get one of those around Christmas. My mom yelled at me and said I should've waited to get it as a gift, so I just told her to give me the money and I'll give her the jersey to give to me hahah. Either way, I'll get my money hahaha.
Use your stored value, or did you spend that on beer? There might be another either 10% or $10 off in your STH booklet. I did not fill out the form for my 3rd because I don't have the $200 to spend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo
Marty is pretty ****ing awesome though. The group I was with all decided to go to a bar afterward back in Vorhees, and me and my friend got there mad fast, but the other car with everyone else called us on the way. Apparently they saw Marty next to them at a light, and he pulled over for them and signed their stuff and took pictures. He said he was really sorry about how the night went, because a lot of people only got one or two autographs. They really do need to set that **** up better next year.
Same thing happened last year with the lines, not really sure what else they could do. At least I got to talk to Lasse and Ossi for a second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo
GKJ, I was looking for people but I didn't see anyone from here. It was probably me though. Although, I'm pretty sure I saw you at the end of the game on Sunday walking out.
Yeah, I thought I saw you there too, lol. Last night I had an ipod which I usually have when I'm down there by myself. You got lucky being in 3 lines though.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 01:03 PM
kicksave27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Where were they in the arena? I was there, secion 6 on the floor, row 8. It was an absolutely sick concert. I thought I might see some of them there maybe in a club box.
I was in sec 3 on the floor row 17. Basically blue line, they were to my right about 6 rows up in the stands. It didn't look like anyone really recognized them. Scotty was rocking out, fun to watch. That was a really really good concert, even the opening act was decent. They don't age, still put in a great show, tons and tons of energy. Angus is insane. Just like watching an 80s video of them. Looked like a lot of parents took their teens... thats good, show them what rock is, not the whiny emo crap with eyeliner.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 01:43 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
I was in sec 3 on the floor row 17. Basically blue line, they were to my right about 6 rows up in the stands. It didn't look like anyone really recognized them. Scotty was rocking out, fun to watch. That was a really really good concert, even the opening act was decent. They don't age, still put in a great show, tons and tons of energy. Angus is insane. Just like watching an 80s video of them. Looked like a lot of parents took their teens... thats good, show them what rock is, not the whiny emo crap with eyeliner.
I'm 21 and I love ACDC.

Modern day crud has nothing on rock legends. Period.

Wow, listening to modern country and Rap and emo-screamer makes my ears bleed.

Old
11-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Coburn/Timonen/Metro was the first place we went. My oldest's fav is Coburn. We got to the table and I told Metro he was my dad's favorite Flyer because of his style of play over the years. He was the only one who signed all of our stuff, including one thing for my dad. Metro and I chatted while Coburn and Timo offered to pose for pics with my oldest. All got a laugh when we asked when I asked my youngest who her favorite Flyer was and she said "Mommy" who was wearing her Gagne jersey. (I promise she'll learn a better answer by next year)

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 02:19 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
Coburn/Timonen/Metro was the first place we went. My oldest's fav is Coburn. We got to the table and I told Metro he was my dad's favorite Flyer because of his style of play over the years. He was the only one who signed all of our stuff, including one thing for my dad. Metro and I chatted while Coburn and Timo offered to pose for pics with my oldest. All got a laugh when we asked when I asked my youngest who her favorite Flyer was and she said "Mommy" who was wearing her Gagne jersey. (I promise she'll learn a better answer by next year)
How was Metro? In a previous post, someone mentioned he wasn't too friendly and didn't answer the question, "Do you like Philly more then Boston?"

Old
11-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Miss Mess

Quote:
Apparently they saw Marty next to them at a light, and he pulled over for them and signed their stuff and took pictures. He said he was really sorry about how the night went, because a lot of people only got one or two autographs.
That is very nice of him!!!

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Use your stored value, or did you spend that on beer? There might be another either 10% or $10 off in your STH booklet. I did not fill out the form for my 3rd because I don't have the $200 to spend.
Where is this said stored value, cause I certainly didn't know I had any hahah. The girl did give me a coupon for 10% off when I go to pick it up, and I didn't even think of looking in my STH book, so good looking out. I don't really have the $200 to spend either, but I know it's gonna be hard trying to find a Richards, and plus like I said before, I can just give it to my mom or brother to give to me as a Christmas gift and get the money back from them.

Quote:
Same thing happened last year with the lines, not really sure what else they could do. At least I got to talk to Lasse and Ossi for a second.
Last year was a nightmare. I only got Richards and ****ing Rory. Me and my friend went in Scottie's and Jonesy's line last year, but he decided halfway through he'd rather get the goalies, so we got out of line and by the time we walked around, the line was closed. Of course we tried getting back in the other line and everything was closed then. Better off anyway. I don't want that piece of **** Jones putting his FAIL all over my jersey.
I honestly think they need to split it up into two nights though. Have one half of the STH go one night, and the other half another night. Doesn't necessarily have to be in the same time-frame, but maybe like one in November and one in January, like I believe it was last year. They either need to do that, or have it longer until maybe like 9:30-9:45. That's when games are normally done anyway.

Quote:
Yeah, I thought I saw you there too, lol. Last night I had an ipod which I usually have when I'm down there by myself. You got lucky being in 3 lines though.
By the time I got out of Gagne's line it was 8:00, and the closest line was Nodl/Alberts/Knuble, so we ran right over there. The line for them was pretty short. I think we only waited 10-15 min there. By the time we got done, everything was closed off, but the one lady with us has had season tickets for years, and knows a lot of players/ people at the Wach so she found a lady that took us over to the Hatcher/Cote/Gratton line. It was hysterical though, because every single person in that line gave us the dirtiest looks . Wasn't a bag deal though since I think that was still one of the first lines done. I think the only other ones that were completely done was Cannon's, and Carter's. Everyone else had a pretty decent line waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I'm 21 and I love ACDC.

Modern day crud has nothing on rock legends. Period.

Wow, listening to modern country and Rap and emo-screamer makes my ears bleed.
Classic rock is the ****. All of my family and friends make fun of me cause it's my favorite, except for my dad cause I'm like a miniature version of him.

Last edited by Kambo: 11-19-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Metro was cool. He wasn't boisterous or anything, but he talked about his Caps days while the other guys did the pics. He seemed to appreciate me saying that table was the three guys I want out to kill a 5-on-3. Like I said, he signed 5 things for us, too. He was the only player who did so.
I wondered on the drive home if it's a blow to the ego to be the third wheel with the top defense pairing, though. The groupings are usually a big name and a lesser name. He was with Coburn and Timonen (two biggies). Sure, he hasn't been around here long, but he'd have been the second if he was part of Knuble's trio, or most any other group.
Maybe the folks who didn't have as good of an experience with Metro were behind someone who may have said something stupid to him. Who knows?
He was good to me and my kids (and my dad with the extra autograph). That's all I could hope for.

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:22 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
Metro was cool. He wasn't boisterous or anything, but he talked about his Caps days while the other guys did the pics. He seemed to appreciate me saying that table was the three guys I want out to kill a 5-on-3. Like I said, he signed 5 things for us, too. He was the only player who did so.
I wondered on the drive home if it's a blow to the ego to be the third wheel with the top defense pairing, though. The groupings are usually a big name and a lesser name. He was with Coburn and Timonen (two biggies). Sure, he hasn't been around here long, but he'd have been the second if he was part of Knuble's trio, or most any other group.
Maybe the folks who didn't have as good of an experience with Metro were behind someone who may have said something stupid to him. Who knows?
He was good to me and my kids (and my dad with the extra autograph). That's all I could hope for.
That's great news! Sweet.

By the way, I like your Season tickets. Nice seats.

Still have one more game left in them, and I get to see Brindy!!!!!!!!!!! (I HOPE AND PRAY HE DOESN'T GET HURT)

Old
11-19-2008, 04:20 PM
uvegotafrendinpa

one of my fav parts of the night was when lou came on and announced that there was barely a line for kukks, knuble and ?....the line was averaging like 45-90 min for most player combos and they were trying to draw people to another group...poor mike and lasse

uvegotafrendinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

My co-worker and I split season tix and I went to the meet the new faces night, so he went last night.

First, he brough his 4 year old son who is a hockey freak. He loves Biron, but the line was too long. So, my co-workers wife is trying to explain to the 4 yr old that they can't see him while Dad goes to find a different line. Well, someone from the staff or whatever must've heard/saw this conversation and pulled the wife aside and asked if her son wanted to meet him. Of course she said yes, so they brought him to the side where Biron was and he shook his hand and talked to him a few. He didn't get anything signed, so I guess it was easy to sneak him in. I just thought that was nice.

The best though...was my co-worker has a Jones jersey. No, not RANDY Jones -- KEITH Jones. He had a blank one for ages and last year decided to make it a KJ one because of how funny he is on WIP and stuff. Well, Jim Jackson was there and saw him and stopped him. He said he doesn't remember ever seeing anyone with a KJ jersey, so they took a picture of him wearing it and will email it to him. I just think it's funny thinking about JJ busting Keith's balls with my friends picture!

I love the Flyers.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:30 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by uvegotafrendinpa View Post
one of my fav parts of the night was when lou came on and announced that there was barely a line for kukks, knuble and ?....the line was averaging like 45-90 min for most player combos and they were trying to draw people to another group...poor mike and lasse
Kukkonen was with Lupul and there was no shortage. Knuble was with Nodl and Alberts. I had a hard time finding the line and when I did they had just closed it.

Kambo, the stored value is directly on your ticket. You give them the ticket at the cashier. The Flyers give you $50 every year.

Last edited by GKJ: 11-19-2008 at 05:41 PM.
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:44 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
The best though...was my co-worker has a Jones jersey. No, not RANDY Jones -- KEITH Jones. He had a blank one for ages and last year decided to make it a KJ one because of how funny he is on WIP and stuff. Well, Jim Jackson was there and saw him and stopped him. He said he doesn't remember ever seeing anyone with a KJ jersey, so they took a picture of him wearing it and will email it to him. I just think it's funny thinking about JJ busting Keith's balls with my friends picture!
I want a Keith Jones jersey so bad. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I have the same name though.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 06:49 PM
tree84

Metro

Give Metro a break, he's got three kids and a wife(first one). he may not have been at a ACDC show loving it!! He has worked hard and played well lately. Ask his teammates...they'll say they love the guy..works hard and takes his role serious, whatever it is...probably would rather be at home resting than doing "Back in Black"!!!!

tree84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 07:02 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 1000
I was there yesterday with a friend of mine. It was awesome. First we got Briere and Sbisa. It was kind of weird being a 25 year old asking a 18 year old for his autograph. While in line my friend and I joked about inviting Sbisa on one of our legendary camping/drink trips, and offering to buy him booze. It kind of made us sad. Then we went to get Metro, Coburn, and Timonen. They were all pretty cool. I had Coburn and Timonen sign next to each other because they're make such an awesome pairing. Then we hit up Kukkonen and Lupul. They were both pretty silent (probably because it was nearing the end of the day). Kukkonen was even whiter up close and in person. I resisted the urge to ask him what it was he did to Stevens to never be able to get out of his dog house. The only thing that was kind of annoying was how they made such a big deal about the new jerseys, and acting like it was some big secret what they were going to look like. Oh well, still had a good time.

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote