HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

It's Official: The Boston Bruins look like...

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
PJ said the only way to get Kovalev to perform is a contract extension. If your management, you can't do that, it sets an aweful precident, considering like 8 more guys are becomming UFA's as well.
There is another way, but Carbonneau is loathe to do it, because of the potential consequences.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:08 PM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
The 2007-2008 Montreal Canadiens.

I just watched their game against the Sabres, a game in which they scored 5 unanswered. They are playing in an eerily similar fashion to the way we played last season. Kobasew is playing like Plekanec, Bergeron like Koivu, Savard like Kovalev, Wheeler like S-Kost, Kessel like A-Kost, Sturm like Higgins, and Tim Thomas has a ridiculous save percentage. Most importantly, their defense GETS IT.

We'll see if this keeps up.

Don't miss your chance to get in early, there are a lot of cups won in November.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:15 PM
Artyukhin*

threads like this need to be locked

Old
11-19-2008, 10:27 PM
HabsHockey

Threads like this belong in the Bruins forum

Old
11-19-2008, 10:35 PM
BulldogFever

Don't listen to PJ, he might be from here but he bleed black and gold ( or pee color, whatever it is). Anybody on this board could do a better job than PJ, at least we know how to speak english.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:53 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Ryder is playing like Ryder...oh wait.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:55 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
The 2007-2008 Montreal Canadiens.

I just watched their game against the Sabres, a game in which they scored 5 unanswered. They are playing in an eerily similar fashion to the way we played last season. Kobasew is playing like Plekanec, Bergeron like Koivu, Savard like Kovalev, Wheeler like S-Kost, Kessel like A-Kost, Sturm like Higgins, and Tim Thomas has a ridiculous save percentage. Most importantly, their defense GETS IT.

We'll see if this keeps up.
The Bruins are definitely the hottest team so far this season in the East.. The Caps and the Pens following..

Julien has done an incredible job with this team, he has my vote for coach of the year so far.. The add of Wheeler was a great signing as well..

Old
11-19-2008, 10:56 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Ryder is playing like Ryder...oh wait.
Haha, I thought about that when I came up with the thread but then completely forgot about him. Not hard.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:56 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Guys this thread is beyond pathetic. How many teams come out as hot as Boston has and manage to sustain it the entire year?

Hell, we had a disgusting start 2 years ago and didn't even make the playoffs. You guys remind me of the idiots in hockey pools who dropped Getzlaf after 5 games.

waffledave
Old
11-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
I find it amazing that as Bruins fans we can come on here and be polite and yet get faced with reading crap like this...so let me be like you and tell of your colors..

RED..because your bleeding from the beating the BLACK and GOLD gave you.

WHITE...like ghosts..seems most of you live in the past anyways..

BLUE...like your ready to vomit..like a sea sick sailor, from seeing your team flounder like a fish out of water.
The fact there is a thread complementing the Bruins is amazing enough. In fact quite a few Habs fans have been complementing the Bruins lately. Maybe it's because I don't visit often, but I've never seen posts involving the Habs in a positive manner on the B's boards. Just ignore.

EDIT: FWIW Red White and Blue = USA

Last edited by Watsatheo: 11-20-2008 at 01:43 AM.
Old
11-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Quiet Robert

They have a very strong PP, but they don't seem to live and die by it. That would be the biggest difference between the two teams. Plus I think Julien has a much more disciplined structure put in place which means they will probably stay among the leaders in terms of goals against in the league. Even if they get a few injuries they should be able to keep up their strong defensive game.

They probably won't continue to score as many goals, but I don't foresee much of a decline in their defensive play if everyone stays healthy. (Though at the same time I do expect Thomas' SV% to come back down eventually.) But 3.21g/g is not something I see continuing for the entire year.

Remember last year they had a rash of injuries which prevented from playing to their full potential. This year they are a strong and healthy team with a good corp of young players and they've made some additions that have really helped the team. Wheeler has been big for them. That's a guy who can come in and contribute in your top 9. Ryder is an upgrade over Murray. Bergeron is healthy. Right there you have depth they couldn't rely on last year. Then you have Kreiji and Lucic breaking out offensively. Good for them, they've drafted well and put together a strong, well balanced team. Let's make sure we win on Saturday.

But most importantly they are getting contributions from everyone. That is probably the biggest comparison you can make with the 07-08 Habs. It's much easier to win when you have your scoring spread around. And with 9 forwards and the dmen contributing to the scoring, it's much harder to stop the Bruins this year.

Quote:
I find it amazing that as Bruins fans we can come on here and be polite and yet get faced with reading crap like this...
The poster you quoted could perhaps have chosen his words better, but all he meant to say was the PJ doesn't hide the fact that he's pro-Bruins on a Montreal radio station. Obviously this rubs some people the wrong way. I'm sure if the situations were reversed such a radio host wouldn't be too popular in Boston. Either way, PJ is paid to push people's buttons but in this case his point about Kovalev was correct. He's been turning the puck over far too often and despite his decent point totals his overall play hasn't been overly impressive.

Last edited by Quiet Robert: 11-19-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old
11-20-2008, 12:27 AM
emb24*

stop with the PJ bashing. sure he can be annoying he's also said on a number of occasions he thinks montreal and hab fans are the best in the world; his entire family is hardcore hab fans and he likes to stir the **** because it makes for better radio ratings. he gives the habs props when they play well. it's part of his radio shtick...he's a montrealer and has said publicly he wants the habs to win the cup so he can enjoy the party.

Old
11-20-2008, 12:31 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
I find it amazing that as Bruins fans we can come on here and be polite and yet get faced with reading crap like this...so let me be like you and tell of your colors..

BLUE...like your ready to vomit..like a sea sick sailor, from seeing your team flounder like a fish out of water.
you mean THEY right ?

cause I have yet to see that great post of yours in here...

you can go back to your board now troll.

Old
11-20-2008, 12:31 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Guys this thread is beyond pathetic. How many teams come out as hot as Boston has and manage to sustain it the entire year?

Hell, we had a disgusting start 2 years ago and didn't even make the playoffs. You guys remind me of the idiots in hockey pools who dropped Getzlaf after 5 games.
Knowing Claude Julien, this team wont stop working all the year long, add the fact that they have a big heavy team skating well with some charactere and skilled guys and you have there the perfect mix of everything to be consistent and have an incredible season..

On another side, Im happy that the Habs are actually facing their eternal prob, the guys really dont work hard at the same time, we still have that mentallity that we still can win games even if some players dont give their 100% on the ice.. So we have to work hard at the same time, everyone concentrated and everyone working well.. Some players think they work but they dont do it like they should and there again Im reffering to the north south game Carbo always refer to... It starts in our zone, we have to support each other well..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 11-20-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Old
11-20-2008, 12:33 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
PJ said the only way to get Kovalev to perform is a contract extension. If your management, you can't do that, it sets an aweful precident, considering like 8 more guys are becomming UFA's as well.
True, and Gainey wont, when asked about Koivu and Kovalev contract status before the season started he basically said it will depend on their play, And Gainey is the kind who says what he really think.

Old
11-20-2008, 12:55 AM
Roke

Quote:

You mean Bleu, Blanc et Rouge. Don't go all Scott Moore on us.

And yes, the comment you quoted was pathetic. No need to stoop to the poster's level.

Old
11-20-2008, 12:58 AM
BORAT

Yes the pretty words ...

Let me tell you something : these two teams are on a collision course to next saturday, if the Habs win against the Bruins , watch their '' mojo '' come back

crucial game

Old
11-20-2008, 01:15 AM
Donkeyz

Quote:

That's very clever. If I were you, I'd be very proud. Damn, wish I could find the right words to be as classy. Please lead me by example.

The Bruins are playing well; soon enough, the Habs will be playing as well and we'll all be treated to epic matchups. Both fanbase should just enjoy it. For now, I'm concerned about the Habs, and no other team.

Last edited by Donkeyz: 11-20-2008 at 01:21 AM.
Old
11-20-2008, 06:58 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Knowing Claude Julien, this team wont stop working all the year long, add the fact that they have a big heavy team skating well with some charactere and skilled guys and you have there the perfect mix of everything to be consistent and have an incredible season..
Julien is the king at losing teams. He has no backbone at all and once his players start getting away with everything watch him be fired, again.

Old
11-20-2008, 07:33 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Not gona happen

Closed Thread