HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Drawing a Line

Old
11-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Shred

vCash: 500
left

but not how they are playing now

Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 10:24 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
What if you believe they won't win without a major attitude change? You didn't list that. What if you believe that the team the Montreal Canadians are now would win the Cup but if and only if they stopped being Montreal celebrities and instead decided to play some hockey?
Does that mean you're on the right or on the left?
Attitude changes are something that can be done without removing someone on the roster or someone in management. The question was, with the team we have right now, without any major adjustments, do you still feel, like many did at the start of the season, that we can win the Stanley Cup.

I absolutely agree that we are not playing anywhere close to our best hockey, but I also feel the season is very young, and that eventually, this team will get its act together. My question is more to those who feel this isn't something we can just fix with a few good games and an attitude adjustment, but that people need to go.

It's not a bad thing to be on the right. Even though some of the posters on the right currently are people I certainly disagree with 99% of the time (and I'm wondering when WeThreeKings and BigTymer are going to have Presidential Primaries for running the Right), the people who admit to feeling this team can't win a Cup are being honest, and I appreciate that. It's the dishonest fans I want to be exposed eventually.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 10:56 PM
ToysInTheAttic

or we just can't win the Cup this year period

Solidly to the Right

I do not doubt that this team will be competitive and exciting to watch as the season progresses, but this team has a snowballs chance in hell of winning the Cup.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 02:15 AM
MontrealHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devulous View Post
I'm on the right, any team lead by Kovalev is bound to fail.
Right for me ! This is not pessimism, it's just not being cynical.

MontrealHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 03:08 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

and if I'm right handed, can I still choose LEFT ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 04:07 AM
Holy Puck
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I don't know where I am anymore.

Right now I'm leaning right. But with the right changes I can be a lefty again. What the changes should be beyond adding top 4 D, I have no idea though, wheter it woul be lynching Carbo or light lamps at the Oratoire.

Holy Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 04:11 AM
Garo

Bah, I probably would have said right from the beginning, so I'll stick to that.

Bunch of Marxists.

Garo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 06:08 AM
crystal ball

I've been debating this in my head since I first read the OP. Right now, at this moment, I'm on the left, but with reservations. This is not a team that's a clear-cut contender. It's a team that has tools, but sometimes doesn't have the interest to use them. So it's tough to make a decision about their chances when there are so many variables. I say IF the team plays with its full complement of skill, speed and whatever degree of aggression it can muster, AND if Carey Price doesn't collapse again this year (which I think he won't), AND if they're healthy, AND if the posts and bounces go for them rather than against, AND if they're disciplined and don't take dumb penalties, AND if they work the PP problems out...then, yes, they have as good a chance as anyone. Of course, every other team has to have those things going for them too. But, since I live in hope, I'll stand on the left...with reservations...because I believe the variables have a chance of working out in their favour and if they do, the Habs will contend.

Too bad this thread wasn't made after the Boston and Detroit games. Then we'd have a much clearer picture of the Habs' ability to rise to the occasion.

crystal ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 06:33 AM
rocketlives

Right. I've always been a pessimist. For me the glass is always half empty. The Habs will have a good season and they'll play at least three rounds of playoffs but win the cup? Nah! They don't have the horses for that yet. Perhaps next year when they get rid of their dead wood and add Maxwell, D'Agostini and Pacioretty to the team.

rocketlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 08:01 AM
theboss*

Left is the best right.

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 09:06 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
I'm way left. I can't believe all the negativity on here lately.

I'm not saying the Habs will win the cup, or will even make the playoffs for that matter. What I'm saying is that this team is capable of winning the cup.
If our team, last year, was able to finish first in the East, and we improved on that, how can people be so pessimistic?
The only thing we need to start winning again is for Plekanec, Kovalev, and the Kostitsyns to start playing like they did last year. Why is that so unlikely to happen?

We do not need a complete overhaul.

Last edited by fufonzo: 11-20-2008 at 09:19 AM.
fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 09:09 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives View Post
Right. I've always been a pessimist. For me the glass is always half empty. The Habs will have a good season and they'll play at least three rounds of playoffs but win the cup? Nah! They don't have the horses for that yet. Perhaps next year when they get rid of their dead wood and add Maxwell, D'Agostini and Pacioretty to the team.
I always think you're anarmandaleb and I always think "That's really not like her to post something like that."

With that said, our team is far superior to the Lightning and Hurricanes teams that won the cup. If they could do it, I don't see how so many people are so sure that the Habs cannot win the cup.

Any team that makes the playoffs can win the cup. I don't see how it's possible for people to think that we can win 3 rounds of playoffs but it's impossible for us to win the cup.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote