HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If we lose tonight...

Old
11-20-2008, 04:11 PM
shealy04

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I know a lot of investors who lost a lot of money 'cause they didn't sell at the right moment...

Take it as you want, losing THE WAY we are losing right now is unacceptable. Not the scores, not the record we have, just the way we are losing. And it's even more unacceptable when you start waking up to the world and start watching other games that has other teams than the Habs.....you then appreciate what work really is...We're not taking about losing here, we're talking about work ethic, we're talking about not showing up and we're talking about being not having pride and dignity. It could change real fast but right now that's the way it is. Strangely the same fans who can't handle the way the Habs are criticized, are the same ones who are ecstatic and think they're a cup contender 'cause of 3 wins in a row....

By the way, the same reactions you got on this board, is about the same type of reactions that the coach is having lately.....

Well maybe if they didn't sell their investments at the absolute worst time to do so they would have held on to some of their money. If you ride out volatility and don't actually sell your investments you haven't lost anything...

But anyways, I digress.

I totally agree with you in regards to the current work ethic of the team... I just have a problem with people calling for everyone's head to roll just because we are in the midst of an early season slump. Things absolutely will get better for this team, I just wish people could keep things in perspective a little better.

Carbo is not getting fired... I wouldn't even say his job is in jeopardy in the slightest (yet). None of our young guys are getting waived... etc. etc. etc. We have to hear way too many ridiculous ideas/rants after losses.

I wish people that say inflamatory things would get quoted so when things turn around they can have it shoved back in their face for saying such outlandish things and turning on their team so easily.

End rant.

shealy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 04:12 PM
MastaK

The Habs lose because they know they're a good team and they know they can sometimes win even if they don't put the effort...Yes they shouldn't do that, but I'm sure on one night they'll just wake up and play hockey (maybe tonight) and they'll get a 8-2 win or something like that. We KNOW what they can do when they put the effort. Let's not overreact when they don't put it. As long as they put the effort necessary to make the playoffs, it's ok...and then, we'll see what they're made of in the playoffs.

The fans should strop crying for everything that goes wrong this season. It's not the 1970's anymore, it's really hard for a team to dominate all season long and THEN also win a Cup. Detroit did it a few times but we're not Detroit. We're gonna have ups and downs.

Keep the faith guys

MastaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shealy04 View Post
I wish people that say inflamatory things would get quoted so when things turn around they can have it shoved back in their face for saying such outlandish things and turning on their team so easily.
Absolutely right. But it work both ways. Everybody who keeps saying that everything is great due to our actual record would have it shoved back in their face if we go on a 5-game losing streak and see our record becoming way less interesting....

Totally agree that it's not about firing the whole team and starting all over. But I will never think that looking for solutions to improve a team means that people are turning on their team.......Clearly Gainey doesn't think so either 'cause I would be surprised if his trip is only for fun....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 04:21 PM
ScherbakAttack

Quote:
Absolutely right. But it work both ways. Everybody who keeps saying that everything is great due to our actual record would have it shoved back in their face if we go on a 5-game losing streak and see our record becoming way less interesting....

Totally agree that it's not about firing the whole team and starting all over. But I will never think that looking for solutions to improve a team means that people are turning on their team.......Clearly Gainey doesn't think so either 'cause I would be surprised if his trip is only for fun....
Yeah when I read about the trip I thought : Oh look, Gainey's trying to scare the guys into playing hockey.

ScherbakAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 07:27 PM
shealy04

Quote:

Couldn't agree more. It's way too easy to rest on your laurels when you have a solid record.
"Oh, what are you complaining about? How can you say that when our record is____?"

The problem I have is with people who GO NUTS and say absolutely ridiculous things that don't even come close to making any sense at all. It makes it hard to come around here and see great, objective discussion turn to immature, inflammatory comments.

shealy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 07:32 PM
CrisisInMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascov View Post
Do like me...

when habs lose, I don't try to enter in habs section of hfboards (just surfing between lounge and main NHL board)... I don't listen to CKAC until the next game and I turn off my TV so I don't have to accidently see the morons on RDS!

Believe me it works!
I've lived both in MTL and in Ontario, and frankly, living in ONT makes me a better hockey fan. When you're in MTL, all the talk-radio and TV coverage turns a small storm into a giant crisis. When you live outside Habsland, you watch the game, form your own opinions, without being bombarded by media 'experts'. It's a calmer more rational process.

But I sure do miss a good Poutine and some Smoked meat and the ladies that you only find in MTL...You can't have it all.

CrisisInMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 10:51 PM
totalrecall

Ta-Da!

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 10:57 PM
deandebean

Gainey is not on a field trip to instill some fear into his players. He's in LA to see if he can upgrade his squad. Any good manager would do the same. And he's not the only one to do so. It has nothing to do with the way the team is playing.

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 11:00 PM
akratique

So, nobody on death watch tonight?

akratique is offline   Reply With Quote