HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

one player i had in mind to go after. makes sense to me..

Old
11-20-2008, 04:18 PM
The Thomas J.*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Maybe Keith Tkachuk closer to the deadline.

Very close to the deadline. I could see him being here short term for a Cup run.

Though he clearly isn't the player he once was, he fits the mold of the power forward we desperatly need.

He would run back & sign with the blues for the umpteeth time anyway when he hit's free agency.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 04:22 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackactor13 View Post
Frolov would be great but I'm not sure what we would have to give up... as someone else said. He'd be a great addition though.

I was also thinking about Marty St. Louis. Tampa is desperate for a puck moving D-man right now. They have Steve Eminger, who they just picked up off waivers, heading up PP1.

There has always been some grumbling about Marty the last few years about trading him and he and Roz make the same amount. They also have a little cap space, so the deal could include Prucha or Dawes. St. Louis contract is only 2 more years.

Gomer and Marty could be a mean duo.
I thought Eminger was part of the deal for Matt Carle.

Love St. Louis, but he does have a tendency to go into "pass-first" mode. I think we'd be better off with a guy that's just going to shoot without thinking twice.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 04:22 PM
Richter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackactor13 View Post
Frolov would be great but I'm not sure what we would have to give up... as someone else said. He'd be a great addition though.

I was also thinking about Marty St. Louis. Tampa is desperate for a puck moving D-man right now. They have Steve Eminger, who they just picked up off waivers, heading up PP1.

There has always been some grumbling about Marty the last few years about trading him and he and Roz make the same amount. They also have a little cap space, so the deal could include Prucha or Dawes. St. Louis contract is only 2 more years.

Gomer and Marty could be a mean duo.
if msl is getting traded then that means tbay is packing it in for the year, i highly doubt its going down. with that said i would be ECSTATIC to give up rozy 1st and prucha for him and one of tbays dmen on the farm such as smaby/mihalik/rogers just to cover our depth. promote potter to fill in the top 6 or make another trade.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Cherepanisimov

tuomo ruutu would be a great pickup. he has loads of potential and is one of the hardest hitting forwards in the league. he's not exactly a very young player anymore but in a couple of years he could be playing fulltime on a first line. now is the time to get him.

EDIT:he actually is a very young player, i didnt know he was only 25.

Last edited by Cherepanisimov: 11-20-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Martin Richter? Barry Richter?
The infamous Mike Richter for KT rumors way back when. http://www.hockeyrodent.com/RODENT99.htm

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 04:46 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
The infamous Mike Richter for KT rumors way back when. http://www.hockeyrodent.com/RODENT99.htm
I know. I'm just messin' 'round.

11-20-2008, 06:42 PM
NYR Viper

i would love to get either ruutu or frolov.....both would be great additions to an already young team and add scoring to the team as a whole....ruutu might be traded at the deadline if carolina isnt close to the playoffs but i doubt that and i highly doubt LA trades frolov as he is a very good player.......hopefully slats can pull off a trade for someone who can bury the puck soon

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 07:58 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
I would like st. louis and artyukhin and ranger ...

for Rosival, Prucha, Anisimov, Potter and a 1st, 2nd

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote