HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Evgeny Grachev Scores 4 Goals in 4-2 Win

Old
11-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
last player for Brampton was Bobby Sangs I think
Nice, I mustve forgotten. The last forward to have done this mustve been Brendl....

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:48 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
His skating is not bad.

He is 6-3, 202.

He is not going to be a speed demon based on his body type anyway.

However, he is not a bad skater what so ever.

There is evidence of that in Rangers on Demand.

http://rangers.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?&id=19501
Sorry but every scout says he has slightly above average skating ability , and if he wants to make it to the NHL roster he needs to improve his skating.

Quoted from Hockeysfuture talent analysis.
A concern is whether he can continue to develop his overall skills and skating to keep raising his game to the next level

He needs to learn to skate better than he is. I think he was in Traverse and his skating there was horrible.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
Sorry but every scout says he has slightly above average skating ability , and if he wants to make it to the NHL roster he needs to improve his skating.

A concern is whether he can continue to develop his overall skills and skating to keep raising his game to the next level

He needs to learn to skate better than he is. I think he was in Traverse and his skating there was horrible.
This'll be key. How many prospects have we seen who are beasts in juniors only to fall short at the NHL level because of their skating limitations?

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
November 11th of last year Bobby Sanguinetti scored 4 goals and an assist.
I can't believe that Brendl didn't have at least one 4-goal game. I'm not about to do the research, though...

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:24 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

Brendl 4 goal game..

Monday, April 5, 1999

Calgary 6, Red Deer 3

Red Deer: McQueen, Batchelor, Bonni, Dombrowski, Rohrig, Thompson, Bergen, Wallin, Marsh, Mapletoft, McNeil, Bednarik, Vandermeer, Darby, Mrazek, Walker, Beagle, Leeb.
Calgary: Kinch, Shannon, Feniak, Smith, Sarich, Stuart, Brendl, Nielsen, McAslan, Krestanovich, Moran, Steenbergen, Rich, Andres, Dodginghorse, Smithson, Bergman, Clark.

First Period
1. CGY: Brendl 6 (Shannon, Feniak) 06:22
2. CGY: Brendl 7 (Moran, Dodginghorse) 12:37
3. RDR: Leeb 5 (Walker) 13:19
Penalties -- Darby RDR (Ob-Tripping) 01:28; Moran CGY (Ob-Hold Opp. Stick) 04:06; Steenbergen CGY (Cross Checking) 14:54; Mrazek RDR (Cross Checking) 18:05.

Second Period
4. RDR: Bednarik 4 (Marsh, Leeb) (pp) 08:46
5. CGY: Brendl 8 (Kinch, Stuart) (pp) 14:38
6. CGY: Brendl 9 (Moran) (sh) 17:02
7. RDR: Mrazek 4 (pp) 17:24
Penalties -- Walker RDR (Ob-Hold Opp. Stick) 00:27; Smith CGY (Holding) 08:07; Dodginghorse CGY (Roughing) 10:26; Darby RDR (Roughing) 10:26; Krestanovich CGY (Ob-Interference) 10:53; McNeil RDR (Ob-Interference) 13:06; Smithson CGY (Ob-Hooking) 15:57.

Third Period
8. CGY: Dodginghorse 5 (Moran, Brendl) (pp) 03:25
9. CGY: Moran 6 (Stuart, Dodginghorse) (pp) 10:52
Penalties -- Moran CGY (Hooking) 00:51; Darby RDR (Elbowing) 02:51; Vandermeer RDR (Ob-Hooking) 08:59; Bergman CGY (Holding) 11:34; Dodginghorse CGY (Roughing) 17:39; Bonni RDR (Roughing) 17:39.

Shots on Goal
RED DEER 28
CALGARY 30

Goaltender Time SA GA ENG Dec
RDR Dustin Schwartz 60:00 24 6 0 L
CGY Alexandre Fomitchev 60:00 25 3 0 W

Power plays (goals / chances) -- RDR: 2/7; CGY: 3/6.

Referee was Alain Frenette; linesmen were McMillan and Abbott

Attendance -- 6,952

Old
11-17-2008, 04:27 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:

The need to improve your skating doesn't mean that you are a bad skater to begin with. It is one thing to say "He needs to improve." Quite another to say "He is bad", which is being thrown around.

Orr is a BAD skater. He improved, sure. But he is still one of, if not THE worste skater in the league. When you hear a "scout" say that someone is a bad skater, use Orr as your barometer. Grachev is 10x better then that.

Grachev can skate. He can improve. But he is nowhere near "bad".

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 06:31 PM
NYR Viper

grachev looks like any big kid....he needs to improve his lower body strength to comensate for his growth spurt but the fact that he is so strong on the puck already and already pretty quick with the puck i would say he is definately on the right track.....

a big player with hands.....very hard to find

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 01:08 AM
Avy*

Grachev is excellent skater. Stop reading scout reports, 90% of their sruff is complite bullcrap especially about euro prospects.

Avy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 01:22 AM
Ola

I think Grachev can achive allot of things with his skating. Like twist and turn in the corner. Skate in traffic.

But put into a NHL game today, he wouldn't keep up with the tempo.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 01:49 AM
Avy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I think Grachev can achive allot of things with his skating. Like twist and turn in the corner. Skate in traffic.

All i have - 4 WJC games. He was among best skaters in russian team. Not a speedster ofcourse but he don't need super speed with this frame. He is better sketer than Anisimov for sure.

I don't know about Franzen... he kinda build like him and skate similarly. "Battleship" is very very accurate word to dicribe him at lest then he playing aginst kids.

Avy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 12:58 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

I hope he can maintain this level all season and it's not just a hot streak. If he can, then ......oh boy!!!

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

Most guys just drafted can't keep up with the NHLs tempo. Even guys who are good skaters when they're drafted often have to continue improving their skating so that they're on a NHL level.

"good skater" when applied to recently drafted players usually just means "good skater compared to their age group", not compared to NHL players

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Nich

all i know that at this stage in his career, he couldn't be any worse than Dubi was then....

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

I always cringe a little bit when people start looking for NHL comparisons for prospects. If he turns out to be Franzen part II, I'll be ecstatic, but I don't want to set a marker for the guys career before it really even gets off the ground.

(Mind you Franzen got off to a semi-slow start at the NHL level)

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 01:40 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
His skating is not bad.

He is 6-3, 202.

He is not going to be a speed demon based on his body type anyway.

However, he is not a bad skater what so ever.

There is evidence of that in Rangers on Demand.

http://rangers.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?&id=19501
Biggest thing that pops out in that vid is that the whole time he's doing anything with the puck he's staring down at it, he's going to have a short and painful career in the NHL if he doesn't learn to do that with his head up.

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
Biggest thing that pops out in that vid is that the whole time he's doing anything with the puck he's staring down at it, he's going to have a short and painful career in the NHL if he doesn't learn to do that with his head up.
Look again, he's doing that during the one on one drills, not a problem at all.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Most guys just drafted can't keep up with the NHLs tempo. Even guys who are good skaters when they're drafted often have to continue improving their skating so that they're on a NHL level.

"good skater" when applied to recently drafted players usually just means "good skater compared to their age group", not compared to NHL players
Exactly, Grachev is better then most guys drafted, definitly not far atleast from the avg 1st round pick in talent, but his skating is the aspect he needs to work on the most IMO. Not his strength, stickhandling et c. But also become smarter at keeping up with the tempo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avy View Post
All i have - 4 WJC games. He was among best skaters in russian team. Not a speedster ofcourse but he don't need super speed with this frame. He is better sketer than Anisimov for sure.

I don't know about Franzen... he kinda build like him and skate similarly. "Battleship" is very very accurate word to dicribe him at lest then he playing aginst kids.
For a player his size he is a excellent skater. But to make it to the NHL he needs to become a very good skater, no matter his size, if you know what I mean. Like before you played size, and if the size could skate thats a plus. Today its the otherway around almost. You need speed, and if you got size on top of that thats a plus...

But don't get me wrong, I am not saying that skating is a weakness, I am saying its one of the aspect he needs to improve probably.

You can still get by in the NHL without that speed, if you are really smart. Voros for example is pretty smart and gets by that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I always cringe a little bit when people start looking for NHL comparisons for prospects. If he turns out to be Franzen part II, I'll be ecstatic, but I don't want to set a marker for the guys career before it really even gets off the ground.

(Mind you Franzen got off to a semi-slow start at the NHL level)
Yeah, I always try to point out when I use a NHLer as comparison that I am only talking about STYLE only.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 02:28 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

What is it with these boards and over hyping the prospects. They are prospects, and we are talking about a prospect in the CHL. Who's also not ready for PrimeTime.

Come back to this topic in a year.

Old
11-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
What is it with these boards and over hyping the prospects. They are prospects, and we are talking about a prospect in the CHL. Who's also not ready for PrimeTime.

Come back to this topic in a year.
You do realize Hockey's Future is a site dedicated to discussing hockey prospects, right?

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Gutchecktime

Geno was named Russia's player of the game in the first game of two for the OHL vs the Russians.

Scored a shorty in the 6-3 loss.

Gutchecktime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 11:23 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutchecktime View Post
Geno was named Russia's player of the game in the first game of two for the OHL vs the Russians.

Scored a shorty in the 6-3 loss.
Nicee...anyone watch the game? I think it was on TV in Canada.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote