HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

R.E: MTL Residents - All Star Voting

Old
11-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Serenade

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
Dear Mr. Serenade,

I really don't like your post(s). That being said in a totally polite and minimal way of course. There are a lot of insinuations in your post(s) that clearly express your position on this issue. And you also seem to have such strong opinions that no matter what we tell you they won't change...which bring questions about the purpose of this thread. But I digress.

BTW - why would only Montreal based opinions be worthy of note? beats me.

We don't want the "full roster" to be Hab, as you claim, but just the starting line. Plenty of room for the "really best players" as you suggest.

We are playing the game exactly by the rules it was always played and intended to. In a very legit manner too. The whole bot voting issue was completely the NHL's fault and was favouring all fanbases in an equal manner. Even after they added all the fraud prevention options we are still gaining votes more then any other team.

And let this be clear for you and others. We are one of the best (if not the best) hockey fanbase. The game is here and we are in our centennial year. No matter if Koivu and Kovy will be at -30, I will still vote for them 20 times per day during the next month. Cause, you know, this is what real fans do. Most are like me btw - don't let a few threads here fool you.

oh...I'm sorry - I wasn't minimal enough it seems. But hey, neither were you.
Newhabfan,

I appreciate the polite response, but you've made some accusations and assumptions towards me that I will address. First, I don't understand why you want to change my "strong opinions". Why cant I just have an opinion that differs from yours or others? Why don't you like my posts?? After, my initial topic posts, I've made a single post in this thread to clarify a question.

Your entire response is written as if you represent everyone's opinions. How do you know everyone feels that way? How do you know I am not a Habs fans or that I dont live in Montreal? Where did I indicate any of this information? How do you know that I don't want any Habs players in the ASG? Is it because you don't agree with the points I brought up?

Baring any software exploits, I'm not questioning the voting system, I don't care about the quality of the fan bases, and it's the fact that you can't dissociate this is causing you to make these assumptions.

Yes its a big year for the habs but its that much bigger for habs' fans that are Montrealers since it has a stake in the city image. That's why I asked Montrealers specifically.

Here is where I stand. To make it the best ASG it has to be enjoyable for everyone across the NHL, which will I think can only help the city. It shouldn't be just for one fan base. This big year for the habs... yet the occasion doesn't belong to the habs alone, but to everyone (can't celebrate your birthday alone). This is a huge milestone for the league in general.

You know I created this thread in the Main board, out of 3 pages two post stuck to the topic. The rest were taking shots at Habs' fans...it's either left or right on this forum. Needless to say, I had deleted the thread after consulting a Mod.

Finally, Im going to add that I am not in any way, shape or form judging or criticizing anyone for their opinion so stop trying to defend it as if its under attack. I just want to know what people think...

Serenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
Dear Mr. Serenade,

I really don't like your post(s). That being said in a totally polite and minimal way of course. There are a lot of insinuations in your post(s) that clearly express your position on this issue. And you also seem to have such strong opinions that no matter what we tell you they won't change...which bring questions about the purpose of this thread. But I digress.

BTW - why would only Montreal based opinions be worthy of note? beats me.

We don't want the "full roster" to be Hab, as you claim, but just the starting line. Plenty of room for the "really best players" as you suggest.
We are playing the game exactly by the rules it was always played and intended to. In a very legit manner too. The whole bot voting issue was completely the NHL's fault and was favouring all fanbases in an equal manner. Even after they added all the fraud prevention options we are still gaining votes more then any other team.

And let this be clear for you and others. We are one of the best (if not the best) hockey fanbase. The game is here and we are in our centennial year. No matter if Koivu and Kovy will be at -30, I will still vote for them 20 times per day during the next month. Cause, you know, this is what real fans do. Most are like me btw - don't let a few threads here fool you.

oh...I'm sorry - I wasn't minimal enough it seems. But hey, neither were you.
Why is that concept so hard to understand? people outside Habsland talk like it's either Komisarek or Sidney Crosby, the best WILL be there, but do Habs fans (example) would like to see a Mike Richards or a Martin St.Louis over Kovalev just because they have 4 or 5 more points,

It's your turn to think about it for 2 sec. Usually, who are the players that get cheered the most during all-star games, you said it yourself, this is the centennial year, Hockey is Montreal's religion right now, why is the question even being asked?

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 09:24 PM
the_crippler12

Less talk, MORE VOTE!!

http://fanballoting.nhl.com

the_crippler12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Pascal

wah wah, Montreal has a ton of dedicated fans and we don't. They want their players in the game, what a SHOCKER.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Ryan O'Byrne

thanks for the reminder i totally forgot to vote for them lol

Ryan O'Byrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 11:12 PM
usernam

Price has 21 000 more votes than the other 4 goalies combined...

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 06:29 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
Price has 21 000 more votes than the other 4 goalies combined...
not enough imo

Old
11-21-2008, 06:40 AM
Pascal

KOVALEV, Alex
KOIVU, Saku
TANGUAY, Alex
CROSBY, Sidney
MALKIN, Evgeni

come on guys! more votes are needed.

Old
11-21-2008, 07:27 AM
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
not enough imo
You think he can reach 1 BILLION ?

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Shadyone33

Not sure what living in Montreal has to do with it. I would more like to hear the opinion of those going to the game. I fully plan on going to the game by any means necessary and I want to see 6 Habs on the ice for the opening faceoff. It is far more rare to see 6 starters from the same team on the ice since the All-Star format went away from the champs vs. all-stars. You're gonna see Crosby, Ovechkin, Semin, Malkin this year anyway, just not the first shift. I'd love to see a special edition print come out as an overhead view with all 6 Habs players lined up for the face off. I'd love to have that print and I'd love to get all 6 guys to autograph it.

Shadyone33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Shadyone33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
not enough imo
Agreed. I'm back from vacation and now that I'm back at work, I'll look at voting as much as I can throughout the day. It looks like the Pens forwards are catching up, we gotta get back on it...

Shadyone33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Magic33

What fan base would not vote a ridiculous amount to see members of their team in the All-Star. I really can't understand what is so hard to grasp? I like the habs, I vote for habs players.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote