HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luke Schenn/Luca Sbisa

Old
11-21-2008, 12:28 PM
sgupca

vCash: 500
You can't really compare the two.

Schenn looked great his first 10 games or so. He hasn't played as well the last couple, but neither has the rest of the team. Schenn is going to develop into a Scott Steven's type of player where Luca Sbisa will be a well-rounded defender much like Streit (NYI).

Now don't get my wrong i'd take Sbisa off your hands in a heart beat, BUT Schenn is exactly what we need. He leads all rookies in ice-time (he and Doughty), and he leads the leafs is hits.

Right now Schenn is doing all the little things right. Blocking shots, fighting, playing the PK, and hitting.

In the long run they are both great (young) prospects that will develop nicely. We'll keep Schenn as we have a bunch of panzies and we need his leadership and grit in the future, you keep Sbisa as you need a well rounded defender!

works for both teams.

sgupca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 12:32 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
I said the exact same thing in the prospects threads, posters wanted to know who the best, i was speechless when sbisa was barely mentioned and some leafs fans thought scheen hands down.

Doughty clearly is miles ahead right now, not to mention he is on a much worse team then either of the young prospects currently playing (bogosian injured)

IMO right now it goes:

Doughty

Sbisa
Bogosian
Schenn
Bogosian and Doughty have similar styles that are much different than Sbisa and Schenn's. Doughty plays the PP where as Schenn plays the PK. Schenn's role is to clear the front of the net, get the puck out of their zone, hit and block shots. Doughty and Bogosian are going to be PP QB's for their teams. A much different style hockey.

sgupca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 12:38 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
Bogosian and Doughty have similar styles that are much different than Sbisa and Schenn's. Doughty plays the PP where as Schenn plays the PK. Schenn's role is to clear the front of the net, get the puck out of their zone, hit and block shots. Doughty and Bogosian are going to be PP QB's for their teams. A much different style hockey.
I made a detailed post in the prospects forum about hte 5 d-men in this year's draft.

Bogosian and Doughty will be the best overall of the bunch, IMO - Doughty will be a Neidermeyer type, and Bogosian a Pronger type.

Both can play both ends, QB the PP, but Doughty is a slicker skater and more offensive potential, while Bogosian brings in a physical component and and edge to his game.

I do think Sbisa has top pairing potential but I don't think he'll be a Norris candidate year in, year out like those two.

Schenn probably won't be either, not because of talent, but because of the types of players the Norris will go to.

Pietrangelo has the highest offensive ceiling of the 4 but lacks the IQ and defensive prowess the top 2 have (not that he's bad at it, just not as high end).

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Opus
Boondoggle

vCash: 875
Quote:
Doughty also was in charge of covering Ovechkin lastnight. Something that I'd be terrifyed of (at this point) if we asked Sbisa to do the same. By the end of the night, Doughty had a goal and was +2. Ovechkin had an assist and was -4.

Doughty is awesome, make no mistake.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 01:48 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Doughty also was in charge of covering Ovechkin lastnight. Something that I'd be terrifyed of (at this point) if we asked Sbisa to do the same. By the end of the night, Doughty had a goal and was +2. Ovechkin had an assist and was -4.

Doughty is awesome, make no mistake.
I totally agree. That Kings defensive core is going to be scary for years to come.

Doughty,Johnson,Teubert and they have this kid Vyacheslav Vojnov who is currently with LA's farm club in Manchester who was drafted in the 2nd round in 08. Vojnov does need some work, but you can see the upside in him watching him play.
IIRC there were some people who thought the Kings should have taken Bogosian instead.
Doughty is the best looking defenseman I have seen from this years draft. Its not even close.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 02:40 PM
ELab2

Quote:
Luca Sbisa will be a well-rounded defender much like Streit (NYI).

Streit is garbage. He isn't well rounded and the term defender hardly fits at all.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 03:07 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
I totally agree. That Kings defensive core is going to be scary for years to come.

Doughty,Johnson,Teubert and they have this kid Vyacheslav Vojnov who is currently with LA's farm club in Manchester who was drafted in the 2nd round in 08. Vojnov does need some work, but you can see the upside in him watching him play.
IIRC there were some people who thought the Kings should have taken Bogosian instead.
Doughty is the best looking defenseman I have seen from this years draft. Its not even close.
no love for hickey?

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote