HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gainey meets with Sundin in L.A.

Old
11-21-2008, 06:50 PM
ti-vite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmier View Post
Not sure I follow?
def Quagmire: A difficult or precarious situation; a predicament.

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 09:31 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
if gainey signs sundin i would have to think pleks would get traded....if that is the case i'm ok with it as long as they either get a UFA to be such as Boomeester or a 3rd or 4th defenceman
I don't get how Plek should be the one to leave. He's young and, even though he's not playing very well these days, it would be stupid to trade him away to simply make cap room since he does not have a big cap hit this year.

Lang should be the one to leave in my opinion. I know that he's been playing well since the beginning of the season but I don't think he's worth his 4 M cap hit which coud be put to better use. Now I know it would be hard to get something worth your while for him but, as someone said earlier we don't need a number 1 or 2 defenseman ala Bouwmeester. If we could get fetch a young defenseman such as Gorges for Lang and a pick or a prospect, I think we should go for it.

After that, you waive Bégin and Dandenault and, voila, Sundin and, with good asset management, a solution to your defensive troubles.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 01:22 PM
24Cups

Gainey wants to remain in the loop, especially if Sundin will sign cheap for a chance at a Cup. But I'd like to think that Gainey was also trying to feel Sundin out for where he might be likely to sign. If that team has cap issues making the deal then Bob can be first in line to get a good value trade.

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 01:35 PM
la25ecoupe

I think Bob is trying to get deals from the team that will acquire Sundin.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Habsaholic

Well, its official. Sundin wont become a Hab, lets move on.

Habsaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 02:31 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO Ouragan16 View Post
I don't get how Plek should be the one to leave. He's young and, even though he's not playing very well these days, it would be stupid to trade him away to simply make cap room since he does not have a big cap hit this year.

Lang should be the one to leave in my opinion. I know that he's been playing well since the beginning of the season but I don't think he's worth his 4 M cap hit which coud be put to better use. Now I know it would be hard to get something worth your while for him but, as someone said earlier we don't need a number 1 or 2 defenseman ala Bouwmeester. If we could get fetch a young defenseman such as Gorges for Lang and a pick or a prospect, I think we should go for it.

After that, you waive Bégin and Dandenault and, voila, Sundin and, with good asset management, a solution to your defensive troubles.
don't get me wrong i like Plekanec but a center would have to probably go and i doubt a GM would be stupid enough to trade for Lang...maybe if a team is doing "better" than expected and has a lot of cap room...otherwise i don't see it

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 03:18 PM
BLONG7

What about Sundin's statement, that he felt you had to be in camp to be part of a Cup team? I don't know about this guys...I guess where the Habs haven't played well recently, this just might be something, but I don't know??? Heck, Sundin doesn't even know...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Quagmier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite View Post
def Quagmire: A difficult or precarious situation; a predicament.
Now I got it!

Quagmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 06:08 PM
couz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
I think Bob is trying to get deals from the team that will acquire Sundin.
And going to see Sundin and meet with him helps in that direction you mention how?

couz is offline   Reply With Quote