HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

There is a game tonight, 7:30PM, RSN (HD)

Old
11-21-2008, 02:52 PM
moz
Gute Post

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanataboy68 View Post
Except, Eastwood got our slump right last year and called it long before others.
So does this also make him right if he says down is up? Just because he was correct once doesn't give him eternal immunity...

Quote:
Spezza scored a beauty, but Ruutu and vermette missed the net. Tanguay and markov scored BS backhander goals (which why I hate shootouts - goalies have a 20% chance of making the save. It's a bogus way to get points). Hartsburg could have put Brendan Bell in there, or heatley. You have to think that heatley has a 50% or better chance of scoring than Vermette.
You have this backward, players score about 25% of the time and goalies make the save 75% of the time. As for your comment about Ruutu and Vermette shooting it wide, so did Kovalev. Should the Habs never use him in a shootout again? I'd rather the player try for the move then come in straight and shoot it at the goalie's pad like Alfie did. I agree Vermette is not a great choice for the shootout these days, though.

Quote:
In terms of your other comment on fans favouring regular season wins, why wouldn't they??? there are 82 games and only 4 rounds in the playoffs. Only one team wins the cup. There is more fun in watching good games than waiting around for the team to win the cup. I think 90% of fans hjust want to grab a beer on saturday night and see the home team win. Playoffs are a crap shoot, exciting as they are.
I said the opposite. People claim they would sacrifice a few regular season wins, they wouldn't enjoy it but they'd be happy in the long run if it meant the team was learning to play hockey more conducive to playoff success.

Obviously a 6 game losing streak and sitting at the bottom of the Conference is not something any fan wished for.

11-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
No because we have been in the new NHL for a few years now, so it's still a dumb point.

And you don't think Montreal is sucking? They've played a full 60 mins maybe 4 times yet they still have 24 points.
Weird, i had a feeling i was really talking to the guy in your avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Hey you're right, if they get those 3 lines going instead of 1 line, watch out.
Consider that our best 3 forwards are better than your 3 best players, i'd say it's pretty even up front. The only difference is that you have Price and Markov, but yet Auld and Kuba are doing the same job. I check the stats and i see guys like Higgins and Lang who are stepping up for your team. Otherwise, it's about the same. Tough, we have more slumping players (Fisher, Vermette, Kelly, even Spezza)

Habs have another advantage for now. They went to a youth transition already. Ottawa is about to do the same with Foligno, Zubov, Winchester, Bass, Picard, Lee, Elliott... Then another one in 2-3 years with Karlsson, Wiercioch, Regin, O'brien, Caporusso, Petersson.... I'm up for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
If the Sens keep playing like this the wins will come. I believe they were cheated out of a victory thanks to those ****ing refs but otherwise it was a great game and we did outplay the Habs. The Sens need to now progress further with the results of this game.
Funny because of my friends at my own hockey game told me that the Habs totally dominated the second period... I said you sure? I tought they had 3 shots. Shows you how blind Habs fans are, they didn't even had a scoring chance in that period...

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 03:03 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Funny because of my friends at my own hockey game told me that the Habs totally dominated the second period... I said you sure? I tought they had 3 shots. Shows you how blind Habs fans are, they didn't even had a scoring chance in that period...
Sens fans are the same way. In fact every teams fans are, when I watch games on center ice and read through teams GDT, I always wonder what some fans are watching.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 03:46 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Aveuglette View Post
I can't feel too bad about the loss though, as we won the game in my book. Habs got lucky with the reffing, I don't care what anyone says.
That probably explains why the Sens got 5 PPs against one for the Habs.

beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 03:48 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Stanley View Post
Its just a game...
It's refreshing to see someone who can keep perspective.

Old
11-21-2008, 03:51 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKarlsson View Post
An off night is a night where you don't get bounces that go your way and you just genrally have bad luck. The Habs, from what I've seen, are winning games they don't play hard in.
That speaks more about the quality of the opposition, or the intrinsic superiority of the Habs...

Old
11-21-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Weird, i had a feeling i was really talking to the guy in your avatar

Consider that our best 3 forwards are better than your 3 best players, i'd say it's pretty even up front. The only difference is that you have Price and Markov, but yet Auld and Kuba are doing the same job. I check the stats and i see guys like Higgins and Lang who are stepping up for your team. Otherwise, it's about the same. Tough, we have more slumping players (Fisher, Vermette, Kelly, even Spezza)

Habs have another advantage for now. They went to a youth transition already. Ottawa is about to do the same with Foligno, Zubov, Winchester, Bass, Picard, Lee, Elliott... Then another one in 2-3 years with Karlsson, Wiercioch, Regin, O'brien, Caporusso, Petersson.... I'm up for that.

Do you post about anything else but the Habs not being as good as their fans think they are? I swear, everything I read from you is about the Habs. You've have some kind of Habhate fetish.

It's a free world though and more importantly, it's your teams board. But man, how about looking at last night's game and realizing that the Sens had this game wrapped and they failed to close the deal. Plain and simple...Sens were up 2-1, had a 4-3PP for almost a full 2 mins in OT AND had an opportunity to win the shootout, but they didn't. Sure, the Habs came in and stole an extra point on the road and the Sens probably deserved a better fate, but they still made mistakes to give the game away. I know you like analyzing everything Hab related, ever try to do the same with your own team?

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 04:14 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caeldan View Post
They played under 6 minutes, and no more than one or two shifts for the entire 3rd.
Why do you feel the need to perpetuate a lie?
Zuboy played 9:48, Foligno 9:22.
Bass did play a bit less than 6 minutes.

Old
11-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Do you post about anything else but the Habs not being as good as their fans think they are? I swear, everything I read from you is about the Habs. You've have some kind of Habhate fetish.

It's a free world though and more importantly, it's your teams board. But man, how about looking at last night's game and realizing that the Sens had this game wrapped and they failed to close the deal. Plain and simple...Sens were up 2-1, had a 4-3PP for almost a full 2 mins in OT AND had an opportunity to win the shootout, but they didn't. Sure, the Habs came in and stole an extra point on the road and the Sens probably deserved a better fate, but they still made mistakes to give the game away. I know you like analyzing everything Hab related, ever try to do the same with your own team?
What's wrong with that? I have one...

I only hate 2 kinds of people: Habs fans and people who use the word "urban".

Jerk Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
What's wrong with that? I have one...

I only hate 2 kinds of people: Habs fans and people who use the word "urban".
Nothing wrong with it...but it consuming 90% of your posts seems excessive

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Gil Gunderson

vCash: 1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauchamp View Post
That probably explains why the Sens got 5 PPs against one for the Habs.
Kovalev.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 05:54 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post
Kovalev.

Makes no sense, why should I be surprised...?

Old
11-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:

Blablablablabla... Are you gonna cry or what? Another example of what is a Habs fan : overproud and succeptible. I have like 2500 post, maybe 60-70 are about the Habs, mostly after games with the Habs. When it is over, i don't care much about them. It's hard to avoid Habmania living in Montreal but i can. The only thing i hate is the blinded fanatism some Habs fans have. Don't tell me it's like that everywhere. The only pride some quebecers seem to have is "les Canadiens", it is alarmous IMO. Don't tell me you know better, i live there, you don't, i know hundreds of Habs fan and see them everyday. 2 weeks ago, i was at the movies with my wife and i saw a guy who was alone. He had a Habs hat, a Habs t-shirt, a Habs coat and maybe more... I felt kinda bad for the guy... They are a lot of people here who only live for the Habs, that's serious about the social feeling of faintness of the Quebec society and the lack of culture.

So, please put me on ignore and stop wasting my time. I could care less of your girly feelings. Are you that cat in your avatar? Please don't commit suicide because i said something against the "sacred flannelle"... I tought you were a good poster at first but i know you better now, can't accept criticism, too bad.

PS : About game yesterday, everyone knows that this game should have ended 3-2 in regulation for Ottawa. The Volchenkov's goal was good and even some Habs fan are not blind enough to not recognize it. So, you guys run out with an undeserved victory. Aight, but justice will come the other way someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauchamp View Post
That speaks more about the quality of the opposition, or the intrinsic superiority of the Habs...
hahaha, you should watch your mouth... things can turn around quickly and luck doesn't stay forever. IMO, Habs are overated and it will eventually show anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Sens fans are the same way. In fact every teams fans are, when I watch games on center ice and read through teams GDT, I always wonder what some fans are watching.
Bowling?

Quote:
Nothing wrong with it...but it consuming 90% of your posts seems excessive
We only talk about them when we are playing against them... or when we can laugh about Habs fans...

Old
11-21-2008, 09:38 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Blabl
PS : About game yesterday, everyone knows that this game should have ended 3-2 in regulation for Ottawa. The Volchenkov's goal was good and even some Habs fan are not blind enough to not recognize it. So, you guys run out with an undeserved victory. Aight, but justice will come the other way someday.
Not necessarily.

When a goal gets allowed instead of being disallowed, it changes the entire tone of the game.

Maybe Ottawa would have won 5-1.

Maybe the Habs would have come back sooner and won in regulation.

It's pointless to assume.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Not necessarily.

When a goal gets allowed instead of being disallowed, it changes the entire tone of the game.

Maybe Ottawa would have won 5-1.

Maybe the Habs would have come back sooner and won in regulation.

It's pointless to assume.
It's true and i agree, i just didn't want to talk about it since my post was already too long... but you did. I'm still pretty sure the Sens deserved the win badly and would have won it with that goal.