HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers may be in a lot of cap trouble soon - Cap Going Down to 55M

Old
11-21-2008, 09:54 PM
asparkoflife

vCash: 500
The Thing about Gomez, Redden, and Drury's contracts is that theyre all frontloaded. The cap burden becomes less of an issue further down the line...as they'll be making less money due to contract structure.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by playstationline View Post
The Thing about Gomez, Redden, and Drury's contracts is that theyre all frontloaded. The cap burden becomes less of an issue further down the line...as they'll be making less money due to contract structure.
The cap number stays the same throughout the whole contract.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 10:54 PM
bagh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
The cap number stays the same throughout the whole contract.
What if they are bought out?

The more I see Redden, the more I think he will be bought out near the end of his contract.

bagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 05:18 PM
NYR Viper

i hope sather knows what he is doing........

the top priorities this upcoming offseason, IMO are the following:

dubinsky, zherdev, callahan, korpikoski, mara, betts, orr and sjostrom......

to me, everyone else would just be an added bonus to keep around......players like fritsche, sjostrom, prucha, kalinin and valliquette could all either be replaced for cheaper than what they will get or from within......

therefore the lines with those players resigned would lok something like this

naslund-gomez-callahan
drury-dubinsky-zherdev
korpikoski-_______-voros
orr-betts-sjostrom
_____

staal-mara
redden-girardi
rozsival-_____
_____

hank
____

with the following cap numbers for the RFA's and UFA's:
zherdev(4.5)
dubinsky(2)
callahan(1)
betts(.75)
orr(.75)
mara(2.5)
korpikoski(1)
sjostrom(1)

the total payroll would come out to 53.65881......

considering we are taking this article to be fact and the total cap is going to decrease to 54 million there needs to be a move made.....

i would imagine a couple of players from hartford would seriously battle for a roster spot next season....

anisimov
sanguinetti
potter
sauer

considering they will need at least three spots filled, one on defense and two on offense i would imagine anisimov getting the third line center spot and potter or sanguinetti to get the last defense spot......just adding those two players to that cap puts them over by almost 2 million......seems to me that either rozsival would need to go, or mara wont be resigned and sanguinetti AND potter would be making the team next season

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 06:26 PM
Richter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i hope sather knows what he is doing........

the top priorities this upcoming offseason, IMO are the following:

dubinsky, zherdev, callahan, korpikoski, mara, betts, orr and sjostrom......

to me, everyone else would just be an added bonus to keep around......players like fritsche, sjostrom, prucha, kalinin and valliquette could all either be replaced for cheaper than what they will get or from within......

therefore the lines with those players resigned would lok something like this

naslund-gomez-callahan
drury-dubinsky-zherdev
korpikoski-_______-voros
orr-betts-sjostrom
_____

staal-mara
redden-girardi
rozsival-_____
_____

hank
____

with the following cap numbers for the RFA's and UFA's:
zherdev(4.5)
dubinsky(2)
callahan(1)
betts(.75)
orr(.75)
mara(2.5)
korpikoski(1)
sjostrom(1)

the total payroll would come out to 53.65881......

considering we are taking this article to be fact and the total cap is going to decrease to 54 million there needs to be a move made.....

i would imagine a couple of players from hartford would seriously battle for a roster spot next season....

anisimov
sanguinetti
potter
sauer

considering they will need at least three spots filled, one on defense and two on offense i would imagine anisimov getting the third line center spot and potter or sanguinetti to get the last defense spot......just adding those two players to that cap puts them over by almost 2 million......seems to me that either rozsival would need to go, or mara wont be resigned and sanguinetti AND potter would be making the team next season
I'm with you on a lot of that but I think that korpi will be making a little less, and the rest I hope they dont get paid anymore or we're screwed. I hope that rozy can start sucking less so we can trade him for something, girardi can more or less do what he's supposed to do for 1.5mill. Next summer is going to be really interesting, especially if we don't make as much noise in this years playoffs like we should. I could see Renney getting the can/being moved upstairs and a new coach coming in with a different approach, probably necessitating different kinds of players.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 12:31 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
With teams desperate for D around the league, I really don't think we'll have that much trouble dumping Rozi and or Redden, preferably Rozi obviously if Rangers mang. choses to. We def. won't get equal value, but I don't think we'll have to ripen the deal with picks or anything.
I'd like to see Rozi in a Kings uniform next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playstationline View Post
CAP burden is factored off the average salary for the term of the contract. A frontloaded contract has the same hit year after year. The difference is the real money value, buyout cost, and the potential dollar cost to another team when you trade them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagh View Post
What if they are bought out?
You still have to pay them what they're owed. You just get to spread out their cap hit over more years and spread out the amount you pay them over a longer term as well. Check the CBA it has examples.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote