HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Jagr eligable to return after the KHL season is over?

Old
11-21-2008, 10:25 PM
czechmate25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
Because so Many players on this team have shown that they CAN play w/ Gomez or Drury. W/ Jagr the first two years the PP was top 10. Since we got Gomez or Drury we are in the bottom third. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Gomez and Drury are the Problems on the PP and it wasn' Jagr. Gomez and Drury are much harder to play w/ than Jagr. And if you don't play well w/ Gomez and Drury the entire line sucks. If you don't play well w/ Jagr, at least Jagr has the capabilities to still make things happen by himself.

It really pisses me off that people talk so much crap about a player who almost singlehandedly brought this franchise back to respectibility. Just pathetic by our "fans."

Jagr has done more for this franchise in his 3 years here than any skater on this team has since the lockout. He also was a HUGE factor in the development of our very own Dubinsky.

The guy gets no respect, and its just wrong. But Drury and Gomez who have done NOTHING so far for this franchise get all the respect in the world, and love in the world by some fans like they won cups with us.

by the way the step backwards for this franchise was signing BOTH Drury and Gomez. It definately was not a step forward. Just the same as the dark years. Throw lots of money at players who DO NOT deserve it and hope for the best.
Great post, man. I agree on all points.

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 11:18 PM
NHLsnipers

Bring him back for the playoffs!

NHLsnipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 01:16 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Because the entire team was based around whatever would get Jagr going.
because Jagr was immensely important to the team's success because he's such an exceptional player.

Quote:
Because Jagr's production has decreased every year since he had his record season here.
that's two years. he went from 123 to 96 to 71 points. that 71 points may look small next to the 123 points, but it's still 71 points and more than just about everyone on this team is capable of.

Quote:
Because I believe that this team is going to get better as the year progresses and adding Jagr would be a step back.
that's one way of looking at it. you could also say that as the season progresses, teams are going to figure out how to shut down this team with very limited offensive weapons, and the team will go backwards.

Quote:
Because he's going to be 37.
Age is bad when it hampers production. Jagr at 37 can be more productive than just about everyone on this roster.

Quote:
Because I've never seen an elite player who could only play as such under certain condition.
that is so weak. look at the stats. Jagr put up 90 or more points 9 times. don't care if he can only put up 150 points when the conditions are right. how many people can put up 150 when the conditions are wrong?

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 12:17 PM
JamesG1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
Who is this "they" you speak of that is blaming Jagr on the power play? If your talking about the fans, which I have to assume you are, than that point is basically irrelevant. Fact of the matter is that I always read everyone on this board talking about how Jagr was a "cancer" and how the power play was his fault, yet I have never heard Renney complain about Jagr. I never heard Gomez, Dubinsky, Staal, Lundqvist or any other player on the team complain about Jagr.

When the New York Times Sports magazine did that big story on Russian sports and interviewed Jagr over in Omsk the reporter even stated that Drury said: “He’s one of the best of all times, and his leaving, that’s not something that goes away easily." That's our beloved captain speaking. Someone show me proof that Jagr was a problem. So many hockey fans allow a player's reputation to determine their opinions for ETERNITY.

Plaxico Burress is a team cancer because the coaching staff has made that clear to us. Pacman Jones is a team cancer for obvious reasons. Stephon Marbury is a team cancer. Renney never benched Jagr and I never read a quote from anyone on the team that was a clear criticism of Jagr. So when people want to say "Oh but he FORCED the power play to run through him", what evidence do you have of that? Because the team consistently CHOSE to pass to the BEST SCORER on the ice?

My response isn't directed completely towards you JamesG1221.

It's fine. THEY are the 40-50 some odd percent of fans on this board, other internet boards, bloggers, members of the media and fans sitting at MSG who were blaming/blame Jagr and the "soft Euro" presence that the team was made up of for 3 years and kept them from taking the next step. And yes- who were critical of our PP being too geared towards getting him the puck. That's no secret Im sure you've read it and posted in response to it if you're a regular here. Regardless of what people say about it- facts are facts- the PP has had problems and for a while that was because it was too Jagr oriented.

Again- my only point in all this is that Sather and Renney and or whoever else decided they were going to step away from that type of team and go with what they have now- a younger speedier more North American oriented team which doesn't fit Jagr as well as it did the first year after the lockout. Of course he could still put up numbers. But he's not the solution to the long term plan which if I remember is what most of us wanted this team to concentrate on after the "fire sale" a few years ago.

Last edited by JamesG1221: 11-22-2008 at 12:22 PM.
JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 12:36 PM
ThirdEye

This is retarded and will never happen.

Can't believe this is even being discussed to be honest.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 01:04 PM
JamesG1221

It was bound to come up sooner or later. Not enough room left under the cap to entertain the idea of Gaborik or a few others so might as well talk Jags for a lil while lol

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 01:21 PM
The Thomas J.*

Ok, maybe we steer the conversation back on topic. The thread is tittled is Jagt eligable to eturn after the KHL season is over?

So is he?? What is the Rule!? Is he just a FA signing? or does he have to clear waviers?

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 07:09 PM
SomE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Ok, maybe we steer the conversation back on topic. The thread is tittled is Jagt eligable to eturn after the KHL season is over?

So is he?? What is the Rule!? Is he just a FA signing? or does he have to clear waviers?
he does have to clear waivers, because he's already played for Omsk this year.

when Strudwick came back he had to clear waivers

SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 07:37 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG1221 View Post
It's fine. THEY are the 40-50 some odd percent of fans on this board, other internet boards, bloggers, members of the media and fans sitting at MSG who were blaming/blame Jagr and the "soft Euro" presence that the team was made up of for 3 years and kept them from taking the next step. And yes- who were critical of our PP being too geared towards getting him the puck. That's no secret Im sure you've read it and posted in response to it if you're a regular here. Regardless of what people say about it- facts are facts- the PP has had problems and for a while that was because it was too Jagr oriented.

Again- my only point in all this is that Sather and Renney and or whoever else decided they were going to step away from that type of team and go with what they have now- a younger speedier more North American oriented team which doesn't fit Jagr as well as it did the first year after the lockout. Of course he could still put up numbers. But he's not the solution to the long term plan which if I remember is what most of us wanted this team to concentrate on after the "fire sale" a few years ago.

Not picking on you. But curious. What were the problems? We had a top 10 PP. To me when you have a top 10 PP, you have very few problems. Since we got Gomez and Capt Cash we have had a bottom 10 pp though. Seems to me we have more problems b/c of them and their lack of skill, and puck control abilities than we did w/ Nylander running the PP w/ Jagr.

again Jagr does not fit this team. But he would make this team better. Problem w/ Jagr is is that he has TOO MUCH SKILL for the players on this team. He needs players that have the skill, hockey sense, and abilities to be on the same page as him. Zherdev might be the only player on this team that could.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:18 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomE View Post
he does have to clear waivers, because he's already played for Omsk this year.

when Strudwick came back he had to clear waivers
Ah ok gotcha.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:24 PM
czechmate25

Zherdev-Dubi-Jagr would be sweet!

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG1221 View Post
Jagr on this team changes the entire dynamic. More importantly it changes this team which while flawed shows some very positive signs back to a Jagr style team which proved to be unsuccessful for 3 years.

Jagr showed that he couldn't play with Drury or Gomez and he was the anchor and public enemy #1 on the PP which may still be struggling because he left his mark.
Don't get me wrong he's still JAGR but he just doesn't fit with the team they've build here. It's a step backwards. This is Drury and Gomer's team now. bringing Jagr back only throws a monkey wrench into the situation. And since he's not a good fit with our two star centers, there's no way he helps improve the chemistry on the ice. Which means not much more offense- thus he doesn't fix one of the current problems with this team.
You mean unsuccessful as in bringing the Rangers back into the playoffs after a 7-year absence from playoff hockey? Yeah, that formula was unsuccessful. Honestly the only reason we weren't a cup ready team with him was not due to him but having a legitimate world talent defense man. You cannot win a Cup today without a Lidstrom, Pronger, Phaneuf, Chara, Niedameyer, etc; type defense man. We need something like that not... Roszival and Redden. Same thing that prevented us from going past the second round those years will hold us back this year. Watch and see.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 12:42 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by czechmate25 View Post
Zherdev-Dubi-Jagr would be sweet!
that would be a disgusting cap hit too

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 09:51 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragshockey88 View Post
that would be a disgusting cap hit too
no a disgusting cap hit is Naslund-Gomez-Drury

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 12:23 PM
94now

The real reason for the question was not a curiosity about the rules, but desire to improve the team. We need Jagr. The void is there. Why? First, neither Drury or Gomez took ownership of the team that was handed to them. Second, any offensive playbook there is has to be executed by dominant performers. We got garbage like Dawes wasting the valuable top 6 spot simply we cannot find any better to dress up. Sure we need Jagr! If Jagr such a wash up, just let him clear wavers. No one would pick him up, right?

94now is offline   Reply With Quote