HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komisarek out for 1 more month

Old
11-21-2008, 03:51 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosti46 View Post
ROFL...

I can hear the Bruins coach now.

"Alright men. Who is going to show some courage and play against Breezy and Dandy? Its a tough job. They are elite Dmen. Who will do it. Don't crowd. There are only 5 of you that can be on the ice at once."

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 03:57 PM
ReVeuF

Now that Komi is not there for a while, opposite teams will be able to act freely in our zone... oh wait they do that already !!!

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosti46 View Post
ROFL...

I can hear the Bruins coach now.

"Alright men. Who is going to show some courage and play against Breezy and Dandy? Its a tough job. They are elite Dmen. Who will do it. Don't crowd. There are only 5 of you that can be on the ice at once."
What I'm wondering is that since we had all those excuses against supposed weaker teams to explain why we were not ready.......can the Bruins do that too from time to time? They are playing against a weaker team AND without a top guy on D.....time to take us for granted...

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Where did that funny thread with halloween pictures go!?

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 04:24 PM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
Where did that funny thread with halloween pictures go!?
Since all our mods are gone, many threads have disappeared...

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
Since all our mods are gone, many threads have disappeared...
What!? It was the only thread that had some humour in it...and not so negative

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 04:44 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
somwehere in Russia Valentenko must be laughing!!
Why? He went there to make money to afford medicine for his father or something no?

I don't think it had anything to do with poor relations with the organization.

If there ever was a time for O'byrne to step up his play and throw some great checks it is now. Otherwise he could find himself off the team in the future.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
What!? It was the only thread that had some humour in it...and not so negative
humour is not appreciated on HF.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 06:36 PM
kovalost27

We should put Kostopoulos on defence...

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 06:49 PM
madbox

Wasn't expecting Komisarek back anytime soon, so could Gainey just move his ass now and land us a d-man already... Sundin ain't coming to Montreal, focus elsewhere. Atleast calling someone up [Weber] would be a start until then.

If Lucic is up to dance with BGL, good for him. If not, who cares. Komi chose to fight a guy quickly becoming more and more known for being a tough SOB with his fists, it bit him. Happens.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 07:29 PM
HabsoluteFate

looks good on the people who were hopping he should fight at the game against Boston. this is why players like him shouldnt fight. he is much more valuable to the team healthy...fist fights are other player's job

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 07:37 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFromNB View Post
I wouldn't normally pipe in as I'm a Bruins fan, however I really enjoyed the battles between Lucic and Komi last year where 2 strong guys were working hard, body checking each other hard, and wish it was continuing.

I think there is a fair amount of sentiment on the Bruins board that it's regretful that an injury resulted from the fight, and a fair amount of sentiment that the reason good players shouldn't fight is because of these injuries. Komi gained some respect from us by fighting Lucic, it's a shame an injury resulted.

I hope he's back soon, and we continue to have some great games. Nice to see the rivalry going with 2 quality teams hitting the ice. See you Saturday.

Same here, just afraid that since it resulted in an injury it would change the way Komi handle this particular "situation", and that would be sad, they sure were fun to watch!

Only thing is, we've been a good team on paper only for the last few weeks...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 07:39 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Missing Komisarek is definitely not a good thing, character is built trough adversity and THIS IS adversity...

So, in the long run, may be a blessing in disguise for the team. Who knows...

Old
11-21-2008, 08:25 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Carle or Weber? Steadier Carle on defense or Weber's PP abilities?

I know he didn't look that good in preseason, but seems to me that Alex Henry is the next one coming if needed. I would put back Dandenault on D though. The guy has been practicing there for most of the practices...
If you are looking for someone to play solid tough defense then Carle isn't the guy. He still needs some seasoning. As for Weber, IMO he will run the Montreal PP if not next year the year after for sure. Right now he is learning how to do it in the AHL and still has some work to do. We are # 12 in the league and very inconsistent. Go 30% one night and then 0% for the next three or four.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 08:56 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Missing Komisarek is definitely not a good thing, character is built trough adversity and THIS IS adversity...

Hopefully this rings true. The wasted cap space that is Dandenault, Brisebois, and Begin starts to take their effect cause those combined salaries add up to almost a number 4 defenseman which is what Montreal is surely lacking right now and could possibly been addressed last offseason.

Hopefully OB can rise to the challenge because there isn't a lot of options. Could be hugely beneficial for him and Montreal long term. Sucks now though

Kirk Muller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 09:03 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Why? He went there to make money to afford medicine for his father or something no?

I don't think it had anything to do with poor relations with the organization.

If there ever was a time for O'byrne to step up his play and throw some great checks it is now. Otherwise he could find himself off the team in the future.
Wanna buy my car ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 05:57 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
He will I'm fairly certain.

Now it's all about what we give up for him. Hopefully not another Ribeiro/Niniimaa deal.

And now for the "glass is half full" people...

Maybe Gainey will pull another one of those great deals, you know...

Gorges + 1st Rounder (Pacioretty) for... RIVET!!
Kovalev for Balej.

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 06:20 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:

Komisarek was not playing like Komisarek could since the beginning of the season. I hope he will be refreshed and on a mission when he comes back to play like the warrior that he really is (since the beginning of the season he has reminded me of RIVET and big time...the Rivet during his last season as a HAB).

IMO, Josh Gorges has been a solid #3 dman since the beginning of the season (I'd be very confident with him being a top 4 dman for us in playoffs...he's a VERY solid #5-6 dman on ANY nhl team; all we need now is a solid #5-#6 dman to give O'Byrne more time...).

Josh Gorges: very smart, lots of heart, great character/team player, nothing fancy (gets the job done), gritty, good skater, protects our goalies, gives up his body to get the puck out (major team player), never ever takes stupid/selfish penalties, never ever makes silly moves/decisions with the puck or without the puck, etc, etc...

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 11-22-2008 at 06:30 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 07:19 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Komisarek was not playing like Komisarek could since the beginning of the season. I hope he will be refreshed and on a mission when he comes back to play like the warrior that he really is (since the beginning of the season he has reminded me of RIVET and big time...the Rivet during his last season as a HAB).

IMO, Josh Gorges has been a solid #3 dman since the beginning of the season (I'd be very confident with him being a top 4 dman for us in playoffs...he's a VERY solid #5-6 dman on ANY nhl team; all we need now is a solid #5-#6 dman to give O'Byrne more time...).

Josh Gorges: very smart, lots of heart, great character/team player, nothing fancy (gets the job done), gritty, good skater, protects our goalies, gives up his body to get the puck out (major team player), never ever takes stupid/selfish penalties, never ever makes silly moves/decisions with the puck or without the puck, etc, etc...

True, but still better than Brisebois though... and since Komi's injured we HAVE TO play the Breezer every game...

Agreed on Gorges.

Old
11-22-2008, 07:27 AM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

wow out a month, Lucic did a number on him.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:16 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
True, but still better than Brisebois though... and since Komi's injured we HAVE TO play the Breezer every game...

Agreed on Gorges.
Breezer isn't the biggest of our problems.. O'Byrne is. He's ****ing terrible. Breezer at least has a good outlet pass and gets his shot on net from time to time.

The biggest problem is that Breezer, who doesn't play a physical game, uses his body as much as O'Byrne, who is a monster. That's not right.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 04:37 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
wow out a month, Lucic did a number on him.
Lucic didn't punch his shoulder if that's what you are insinuating. They had a half grapple going and Komo's shoulder was put in a compromising situation which may have caused the injury mid-way and thus giving rise to the widely observed sudden cessation by Komisarek from throwing punches and hence giving Lucic a sitting duck. My bet is a healthy Komo will one day return the favour (even though most would rather he not try).

your comment sounds like Leaf fan schadenfreude towards the Habs, so let me remind you of Mike Van Ryn. No, not when he got slammed into the glass by Kosto, but when Lucy "did quite a number on him" putting him through the glass. ouch.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 07:02 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Thats right, Komi out for another month.

Lucic must pay for this?
Aren't Montreal players & personel covered by a health plan? The economy is bad but come on, that is ridiculous.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote