HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If we learned anything about Lucic tonight...

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vCash: 500
I wouldn't want either of Sergei Kostitsyn or Guillaume Latendresse to exchange punches against Thornton, because:

a) I know they WILL get their tooth knocked out

b) One of our top 6-9 forward is in the box, while the other team only cost them a 4th liner

And believe me, Lucic is currently one of Boston's top player. It's unfair to call him coward, he has a job to do, and he's doing it.

Old
11-22-2008, 09:40 PM
GrumpyJ
My name is Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHF View Post
The self-proclaimed heavyweight champion of the world wasn't so tough tonight.

Looked like he had a little more yellow on his socks than usual...
Only from Canadiens fans would I expect a pump-up motion to the crowd to be called a gruesome offense, in which the participating party apparently simultaneously proclaimed himself the "heavyweight champion of the world." He was excited for the crowd, for the team, and maybe even a little for himself for tuning up Komisarek, the guy he's been battling one-on-one with for over a year...you can let it go now.

Old
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Sexington View Post
A liltte thing called honour, which Lucic has NONE of. You dont beat a guy like Komi then parade around the ice and then flatly REFUSE to fight Laraque. Chicken ****, pure and simple.
**** honor, it's a little thing called common sense which makes you win games.

Old
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Why would our first line LWer waste time on a useless slug like Laraque? Give me one reason why that benefits the Bruins?

Are the Bruins players supposed to do what helps their team win or what Montreal fans want?
For the same ****ing reason that the slug that the the 1st pairing Komi would have wasted time on a useless 4th line slug that Lucic was last year. Still it didn't matter last year but it matters this year?

Why the **** don't Bruins fans can't understand this? Are you doing that on purpose?

Old
11-22-2008, 09:41 PM
kytem2

Old
11-22-2008, 09:42 PM
CDJ

Quote:
A liltte thing called honour, which Lucic has NONE of. You dont beat a guy like Komi then parade around the ice and then flatly REFUSE to fight Laraque. Chicken ****, pure and simple.
It looked to me that Komisarek had that coming to him though. With all the yapping and dirty hits (especially the shot at the knees in the playoffs) it looked like karma working its magic

Old
11-22-2008, 09:43 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
For the same ****ing reason that the slug that the the 1st pairing Komi would have wasted time on a useless 4th line slug that Lucic was last year. Still it didn't matter last year but it matters this year?

Why the **** don't Bruins fans can't understand this? Are you doing that on purpose?
Can you really not understand why Lucic and Komisarek went? They have had a year long feud. Laraque is a peripheral type who means almost nothing to the actual game. He is a side show clown. Komi and Lucic went because of actual hatred for each other.

Just because Komisarek got his butt handed to him you are all seeking out revenge...thats all it is. Nothing more, nothing less. We are not willing to trade one of our top wingers being out for 5 mins while you are trading off a slug.

Again, its about winning....do you get that?

Old
11-22-2008, 09:44 PM
JMiller

Quote:

So people were wrong for thinking that last year but you're right for thinking it now that the laundry has changed?

Old
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whycutRolston View Post
It looked to me that Komisarek had that coming to him though. With all the yapping and dirty hits (especially the shot at the knees in the playoffs) it looked like karma working its magic
ya, but that doenst count though.

Old
nikrag03*

Send a message via MSN to nikrag03*
Quote:
yeah ok, why do only bruins fans tinhk komisarek is cheap? everyone else likes him and wants him as a d-man. he's not a cheap player, he'd made some dirty hits before but so have many defencemen...

and the bruins are a much dirtier than than montreal. so please...

Old
pep strebek

Why didn't Laraque just grab Lucic and start throwing punches? You know, MAKE Lucic fight? Is he afraid to get an instigator? I don't see why, he's a scrub player and wouldn't be missed on the ice anyway. Maybe Laraque is scared of Lucic?

Old
Kurt Sexington*

I don't even know why I started this thread. Lucic will be forgotten in a few years time, battling for ice time once his shtick wears off.

As for Boston, you guys may be hot right now, but once the playoffs roll around it will be the same story as always anyways.

Old
11-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Total coward, when he wasn't running away Savard had to back him up so he didn't break out in tears.

Cam Neely would be insulted to be compared to him.

Clearly you have NO idea about Cam. He loves Lucic.

I don't believe Lucic should be compared to Cam.. He is NOT Neely...but we B's fans are pretty happy with him. and FYI...he is a classy kid.

Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
I guess it's a HF party tonight against Habs fans.....are those guys actually receiving trolling infractions or are they giving gifts for annoying us???

Can't believe that Habs fans for recognizing the Bruins effort in last year's playoffs were being "classless" for doing so but then Bruins fans are coming in here and are actually trolling and don't think that is classless???

And for whoever would say that this thread is classless, aren't we just playing the Bruins rule which is it's in our board, we can say whatever we can.....especially after a frustrating loss like this one...

Old
Number8

Wish I had some 80's music to play. This is sooooo like we Bruins fans were then. "Yeah, I know we lost the game, but Shane Corson is a punk and if he had any courage at all, we'd of kicked his ***.", etc., etc., etc......

Problem is it always felt so hollow when we'd lose all the time. Know what I mean??????

Old
Quagmier

There's no reason for Lucic to fight Laraque...

but at the same time, when that whole BGL intimidation thing was going on, Lucic's game wasn't nearly as effective as it was when they weren't on the ice against each other.

Calling Lucic classless and calling BGL's tactics a "Sideshow" are both wrong IMO. Lucic doesn't have to fight BGL, but Carbo identified the fact that he had been taking it to our team with his physical play, so he sent Georges out there as an equalizer. Decent bit of coaching by Guy

Nothing more nothing less.

Old
11-22-2008, 09:46 PM
DeathBruzer

Send a message via AIM to DeathBruzer Send a message via Yahoo to DeathBruzer
I learned that Lucic is one smart hockey player.

Old
11-22-2008, 09:47 PM
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikrag03 View Post
yeah ok, why do only bruins fans tinhk komisarek is cheap? everyone else likes him and wants him as a d-man. he's not a cheap player, he'd made some dirty hits before but so have many defencemen...

and the bruins are a much dirtier than than montreal. so please...
When in there did I say Komi was cheap. He was friggen low bridging Lucic during the playoffs. Do you not remember that?

I would love to have Komi. As a matter of fact, I hope we sign him after the season.

How are we dirty? I am obviously a little bias, but I don't remember one of our players running van Ryn into the boards.

Old
11-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
I don't even know why I started this thread. Lucic will be forgotten in a few years time, battling for ice time once his shtick wears off.

As for Boston, you guys may be hot right now, but once the playoffs roll around it will be the same story as always anyways.
I think I'll save this one...

Old
11-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Kurt Sexington*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBruzer View Post
I learned that Lucic is one smart hockey player.
You think that was smarts or fear? Honestly?

Old
11-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
I guess it's a HF party tonight against Habs fans.....are those guys actually receiving trolling infractions or are they giving gifts for annoying us???

Can't believe that Habs fans for recognizing the Bruins effort in last year's playoffs were being "classless" for doing so but then Bruins fans are coming in here and are actually trolling and don't think that is classless???

And for whoever would say that this thread is classless, aren't we just playing the Bruins rule which is it's in our board, we can say whatever we can.....especially after a frustrating loss like this one...
I don't see any trolling, I just see dillusionnal Habs fan.

Not including me.

Old
11-22-2008, 09:49 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by pep strebek View Post
Why didn't Laraque just grab Lucic and start throwing punches? You know, MAKE Lucic fight? Is he afraid to get an instigator? I don't see why, he's a scrub player and wouldn't be missed on the ice anyway. Maybe Laraque is scared of Lucic?
it would be stupid for Laraque...and NESN all but said Julien told him to not fight Laraque.

Old
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_Odelein View Post
Maybe your mother is also your aunt. An instigator penalty is fine, but Lucic would turtle (it's natural anyway, given his hunchback ways). That's a 7 minute powerplay in a close game. Too bad all retards aren't as loveable as Corky from Life Goes On.
New all time low?

Old
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Seriously, do we really have to deal with theses trolling clowns...
I don't know, maybe because other teams' mods are now in control here?

Old
11-22-2008, 09:50 PM
AHF

Send a message via MSN to AHF
Quote:
When did he proclaim himself the "heavyweight champion"?
Well, it clearly looked like he had the belt last week, did it not?

Parade around the ice like a jackass like that, you better expect to be challenged.

...and sure enough, he backed down like the panzy he is.

Closed Thread