HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Kovalev?

Old
11-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Toro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
14 points in 18 games...yeah he's really underperforming.

He's just been inconsistent, kinda hard to do a lot when you've got 3 guys around you all the time.
please, Kovalev has been very bad. He is a giveaway machine, he is capable of playing way better. He even looks discouraged out there. I would seriously sit him in the pressbox for a game or 2. If he sulks and throws a fit, then throw him under the bus and trade him. Cause he is not helping this team at all with his play and ice time.

oh and i can't see the op's post either as its on my Ignoire List too. LOL

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Too many giveaways to my liking, he should do what he does best, slow down the game and find the passing lanes.

I'll give it to the Bruins, they have a good D corps.

Jack Bourdain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:48 PM
usernam

We could make a 3-way deal. Kovalev goes to Washington, along with Halak. Fleischmann goes to Atlanta, along with Kolzig and a 2nd. Kozlov goes to Washington. Ovechkin, Kovalchuk to Montreal.

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:49 PM
couz

I have never been more frustrated wth hm than I was tonight, it seemed like everytime he had the puck it turned into a mistake, either a bad decsion on the PP, a soft pass, a turnover, weak play on the boards.

I've had it, its getting worse and worse as games go on.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:49 PM
TomPlex

While I'll admit that he's playing poorly and things aren't going his way, I'm NOWHERE near ready to trade the guy. What are you guys, crazy? This guy was a force last year. He's just not "in it" at this point. Give him some more time. You saw how he single handedly took over that Isles game. He clearly still has it in him.

Some of you make me sick.

And as proof that I'm not the classic laid-back Habs fan with a classic response (see above), I demanded much more from them when most of you were quoting our record and saying that they'll make it out of it and blah blah blah. I'm being subjective here.

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Kirk Muller

I will never question Kovalev's talent however the guy just isn't a team guy. He is in his own world and unfortunately he is dragging some of his teammates into it.

and another question has got to be ask. Is this Tomas Plekanec or "where's waldo?"

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:51 PM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
14 points in 18 games...yeah he's really underperforming.

He's just been inconsistent, kinda hard to do a lot when you've got 3 guys around you all the time.
It's not about the offensive numbers. It's about the lack of effort and enormous amount of giveaways.

He needs to quit being a lazy, puckhogging ass, and start performing.

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Natural Habs Fan

I'm a Kovalev fan so I hope that he starts to play up to all your expectations because I really hate to see this thread pop up after every loss.

Personally, I'm willing to give him more than two months before I decide to crucify the guy. Let him play on the third line with Lang for a bit and see how the top two lines play without him.

Natural Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:58 PM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
I know hating on Kovalev is the most popular thing to do these days, funny because I don't see any trade Tanguay threads who creates way less chances then Kovy and is completley invisible.
Are you serious ?
Tell me you're kidding ...please.
Tanguay and Koivu create a lot of scoring chances compared to Kovalev these days.

Oh maybe you were talking about opponents scoring chances...then I'll agree with that.

I'm seriously stunned by this reply .

That being said , Kovalev will finish the year here but frankly if he doesn't wake up I doubt we'll resign him.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:59 PM
couz

Kovalev trying to go through the whole opponent is starting to get very frustrating.

No wonder he cant play with anyone, he has zero creativity, and he makes poor decisons with the puck, especially on the PP.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:06 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkiness View Post
Kovy + Prospect for Gaborik? Enigma for Injured
Lemaire will never accept to coach Kovalev..

I could see him traded to Phonix, they have a couple of good center but very little talended natural wingers..

A 2nd round pick would be fine..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

I just think we need to be a little more patient.

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:09 PM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
I will never question Kovalev's talent however the guy just isn't a team guy. He is in his own world and unfortunately he is dragging some of his teammates into it.

and another question has got to be ask. Is this Tomas Plekanec or "where's waldo?"
Pleky and Higgy have been MIA for a while now (minus the hatty by Higg)...get these 2 away from Kovy and watch them at least creating chances and getting some flow to their game...

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Iwishihadacup

Too bad, I said it this summer, i will say it again, Kovalev must go, he won't come back next year and won't further burden our team...

And to the persons that whine, saying that his linemates are slumping, i should say to you that Kovalev is supposed to carry his linemates, not the opposite

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Kovalev's play is really making it easy when it comes to next year and the cap situation...right now, you let him go without much hesitation, plug in D'Ago or Max Pac into the top 9 and concentrate on getting Koivu, Komisarek and Tanguay re-signed.

The biggest problem with Kovalev underachieving is that he can drag a whole team and locker room down with him if you single him out as a healthy scratch or bench him for a few PP's.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:24 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
Too bad, I said it this summer, i will say it again, Kovalev must go, he won't come back next year and won't further burden our team...

And to the persons that whine, saying that his linemates are slumping, i should say to you that Kovalev is supposed to carry his linemates, not the opposite
God are we far away from last year and the Kovalev is god threads. I never was a big fan of his, but last year his positives overcame his negatives, but this year he's just awful. Except on the PK, where he's pretty damn good.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:25 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

Funniest thing I've read on this forum since I've joined. Congratulations.
I take it you missed the exchange between a Leafs fan and a Blue Jackets fan a year or so ago, I think on the NHL board?

Jackets fan tries explaining why his/her team isn't having any success.
Leafs fan says they don't want to hear about all the excuses as to why the Jackets aren't winning.
Jackets fan chimes back saying that they haven't wanted to hear the Leafs excuses for the last 40 years but there is little they can do about it.

The Jackets fan comeback was worded beautifully though, very funny.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
Kovalev is completely useless out there. He's hogging the puck, turning it over a hundred times a night, slacking off defensively... you name it, he's messing it up. If he could help the team out elsewhere when he isn't scoring, then I have no problem letting him play through his issues, but he's a total liability right now.
In addition to which, if the ESPN boxscore tells no lies, he logged 24+ minutes... more than anybody else on the team. I have a little bit of faith/optimism that Kovalev will snap out of it. But not to the extent that I play him above some other guys who actually are playing well.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:31 PM
Magic33

I think that right now, he is trying to do to much. Plain and simple. He just needs to settle down, use his linemates and shoot the puck. He'll be fine. Hes played for a long time, he knows what the problem is. Its just a matter of fixing it.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:32 PM
Ross MacLochness

He's not coming back next year I'll tell you that much. His style of play is such a detriment to the team, and now that the opposition has taken away his powerplay goals, he's pretty close to just being a progress stopper out there.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:42 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
He's not coming back next year I'll tell you that much. His style of play is such a detriment to the team, and now that the opposition has taken away his powerplay goals, he's pretty close to just being a progress stopper out there.
Agreed !!

Completly useless player... So frustrating to watch this guy play. His 1004875348975 turnovers are hurting this team more than his few good plays. Puck hogging, missing nets, staying on the ice for 2 minutes, never backchecks... Enough is enough. This team will never do anything good with Kovalev as one of the main leader. There, I said it !!

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Chomsky

Can't wait to see what almighty Erika has to say. Should be so pertinent.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
Kovalev is completely useless out there. He's hogging the puck, turning it over a hundred times a night, slacking off defensively... you name it, he's messing it up. If he could help the team out elsewhere when he isn't scoring, then I have no problem letting him play through his issues, but he's a total liability right now.
Offensively I'll agree with you, but he's continued to be very strong on the PK.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:51 PM
#2eddieshore

Carbo is obviously trying to get Kovy out of this cold streak by giving him ice time.

It doesnt seem to be working but i don't think Kovy is the kind of player who reacts well to being benched or scratched.

#2eddieshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post

HUH???

He's one of the few guys generating any chances the last few weeks?

You don't think Plekanec crapping the bed so far and A.Kost being hurt, then struggling will have no impact on Kovy's stats?

Man, the Habs have a lot of clueless fans. Kovy is on of the very few guys who has shown up and contributed on most nights. Unfortunately a lot of times this year his linemates have had it on cruise control quite often.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote