HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

If we learned anything about Lucic tonight...

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2008, 09:50 PM
WBC8

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
The kid is twenty years old, playing the greatest sport in the world. Emotions will get the better of you sometimes at that age. To vilify him for eternity for it is foolhardy at best IMO.

He and Komisarek had a score to settle and they did.

Hopefully, Julien will have a change of heart next time....Hopefully Lucic will have his ear and maybe get his way. I am angry at the way the staff let him take all of this tonight.....I'm sure he is as well.

To honestly think Lucic is afraid of Laraque is really wishful thinking. Milan has fought and lost before...it wouldn't be the end of the world for him.

Getting back to hockey, no idea how we got the two points....we would have been lucky to get one. This Habs team as dressed tonight threw the body around like I haven't seen them do since the '80's....you guys played a really good game.

Old
11-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Who do I talk to about getting Moderator status, because if this board needs one thing, it's an unbiased superintendant.

Old
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Why would our first line LWer waste time on a useless slug like Laraque? Give me one reason why that benefits the Bruins?

Are the Bruins players supposed to do what helps their team win or what Montreal fans want?
Well you hypocrites need to get out of the Habs board, all last year talked about how Komi had to fight Lucy while we explained he was too important to lose for 5 minutes let alone a possible injury that he did get. A Dman is worth two forwards in importance since teams have less of them. Laraque was on the first line tonight so your first liner doesn't hold spit.

Old
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Sexington View Post
besides the fact that he's a major *****, it's that Cam Neely he's not. The minute the Habs but a body on him he was totally ineffective. Besides his goal, which was a situation of right time, right place if I've ever seen on, I don't even remember seeing him on the ice.
oh crap not this again! he scored and they won.... end of story.

Old
mytor4*

Most Bruins wear the black and gold proudly too bad tonight Lucic was wearing the yellow and gold.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
So people were wrong for thinking that last year but you're right for thinking it now that the laundry has changed?
Well obviously you have no idea what you're talking about 'cause in ALL my posts, I kept saying that Lucic SHOULDN'T go against Laraque and that the only way it would happen is that Laraque should take the instigator and drop them. I wasn't for a Komi-Lucic battle last year, and on the Bruins perspective I can totally understand that Lucic isn't going with Komi.....

But then I kept hearing all year long from ALL Bruins fans that Komi had to drop them againt Lucic all year....from the start of the year to the end of it. So now what I'm saying is.....if it was good for ALL Bruins fans for that to happen last year.......why can't it be good this year?

But you know what the real reason is? You're actually playing for something else than moral victories this year. You have actually a good team moreso a good system. So now that hockey is suddenly the first important thing ('cause if you do read your game threads last year and all the years before where fighting was the most important part of a game....), I guess you believe less in fighting anymore....

That what has changed. It was easy to beat up the Habs who had no fighters in our lineup and now that a guy beat up one of our top d-men and that is gone for a long time, you don't understand why BGL would want to go with him or that Habs fans expect a fight? Coming from Bruins fans who wanted that a real fighter like Thornton would kill a guy like Bégin for his action on Savard?

Old
PsychoDad

Jeez, all Laraque has to do is to go for an instigator penalty. You want Lucic - you can have him for 2 minutes PP. It's that simple. Not gonna make a 1st liner fight with a 4th liner without giving something in exchange.

Old
DeathBruzer

Send a message via AIM to DeathBruzer Send a message via Yahoo to DeathBruzer
Lucic was not afraid of Laraque in the least. He'd played smart in a close game.

Old
11-22-2008, 09:53 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by whycutRolston View Post
When did he proclaim himself the "heavyweight champion"?

And why the **** would he fight with Laraque? He is by far the better of the two and it would put us at a disadvantage. We need him as much as you need Komisarek-which if you had him tonite, I think you would've won(IMO). There is no need for him to fight with Laraque anyway. Besides Laraque says he only goes with heavyweights. After calling Lucic a middleweight, what kind of point was he trying to send by going after him. Laraque should've been more busy, you know, playing the game of hockey instead of gooning around making himself look like an ***.

On a positive note for you guys, the twins played well and so did Boullion(sp?)
Man why does it have to be double standards with you guys?

Lucic runs his mouth, pumps his fist up then cowers when called upon. You said Komo had to answer for his "low" legal hip check? How about Lucic answering for his WWE antics? Komo ain't a fighter
and he answered the bell. Lucic loves to fight but pisses his pants when he sees the toughest one.

But you know what. I don't mind. I'll wait as long as it takes till Lucic finally does. We have Laraque for 3 years and he's got a good memory. Till then, Lucic is a chcken, plain and simple.

Old
11-22-2008, 09:54 PM
superstar436

why would lucic who is already a powerforward fight laraque.

The guy is better a scoring and passing than fighting.

Old
11-22-2008, 09:55 PM
SToMper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHF View Post
The self-proclaimed heavyweight champion of the world wasn't so tough tonight.

Looked like he had a little more yellow on his socks than usual...
Lucic is about as classy a kid as they get. He doesn't proclaim himself anything other than a lover of the game. He's really a smart player and picks his spots even better.

Old
11-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Well are you new to this board? This is a ****in thread to vent. If Habs fans would be invading their board that way, we would be called all sorts of names and the nicest ones would be trolls.

Don't you think that if it was reverse, the Bruins fans would not be saying the same things? You don't understand why Habs fans want Lucic to drop them with BGL? Who cares that it should or shouldn't be good for Boston and Lucic...since when should we care about what's good for them....

Old
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
For the same ****ing reason that the slug that the the 1st pairing Komi would have wasted time on a useless 4th line slug that Lucic was last year. Still it didn't matter last year but it matters this year?

Why the **** don't Bruins fans can't understand this? Are you doing that on purpose?
To one of the better posters on any board...

I think it's the fact there is no history there...No cheapshots between the two...no one on one battles....Komisarek/Lucic is a rivalry that is good for hockey. Two hard nosed guys, for the most part clean hockey players. There was a history of questionable hits there as well, even though they were hardly the worst ever.

There is no history with BGL/Lucic. There was no cheapness on Lucic's part on Georges. BGL is acting like Lucic pounded the hell out of Koivu or Kovalev. BGL being *mad* for a celebration IMO is no reason demanding Lucic to fight.

Would I like to see it? Hell yeah. Do I think he should? Hell yeah. Is he a coward, chicken, loser, whatever? Not in my opinion.

Old
AHF

Send a message via MSN to AHF
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBruzer
Lucic was not afraid of Laraque in the least.
Bahaha.

Care to explain his 5-second shift in which he ran back to the bench, away from Laraque?

Old
11-22-2008, 09:57 PM
CDJ*

The thing is trying to intentionally injure a player and showboating are two completely different things, especially when the showboating is done at home. If it was done in Montreal, I would expect you to be angry. The crowd was ALIVE after that fight and Lucic got emotional. Have you not known that when a Bruin player wins a fight, they do that often. I remember PJ Stock doing that after almost every decisive win at home.

Old
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
At least he's no side show.
Acting like a monkey does make him a side show.

Old
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Is there some sort of function on the Bruin's board that whenever the word "Lucic" shows up on another team's thread all the Boston posters get notified so they can come and stick up for their hero?

Old
11-22-2008, 09:58 PM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Sexington View Post
besides the fact that he's a major *****, it's that Cam Neely he's not. The minute the Habs but a body on him he was totally ineffective. Besides his goal, which was a situation of right time, right place if I've ever seen on, I don't even remember seeing him on the ice.
Don't remember him on the ice? If you were watching on TV, I believe the camera followed him around while BGL tried to chase him down shift after shift. Kinda hard to miss. I think you were watching the wrong game or something.

Seriously though, why would Lucic fight Laraque? WHY? Can you seriously answer that? Give me a good answer for it...please.

Habs fans being pissed off at Lucic and calling him a coward for not fighting George Freaking Laraque, the well known one and only greatest hockey fighter in the world, makes ALL Habs fans look bad. And I'm friends with some pretty level-headed Habs fans.

You sir, are making them look bad. I guarantee they will agree with that!

Be proud though, Montreal played well and outplayed Boston most of the night. One suggestion though, don't change your entire gameplan just because of a 20-year-old sophomore.

Old
11-22-2008, 09:58 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytem2 View Post

Got anything else?

Old
11-22-2008, 09:59 PM
smack66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_Odelein View Post
Maybe your mother is also your aunt. An instigator penalty is fine, but Lucic would turtle (it's natural anyway, given his hunchback ways). That's a 7 minute powerplay in a close game. Too bad all retards aren't as loveable as Corky from Life Goes On.
wow..... let's try and keep things in perspective. It was a regular season hockey game between two rivals. I'm a Bruins fan but try to be respectful to fans of a team I respect. This is the kind of stuff that will keep me from reading the Habs fans who bring a lot of insight and hockey knowledge to this page. Seriously, that's cutting pretty low....

Old
MrNasty

Within the last year...

Begin fought Thornton, Reich and Hnidy
Latendresse fought Chara (well Chara just decided to slug him)
A Kostitsyn fought Ference and Stuart
Kostopoulos fought Alberts, Stuart, Reich and Hnidy
Bouillion fought Reich
Komisarek fought Lucy

In most of those cases the Habs were the lesser weight class and were the better player to be off for 5 minutes but nooooooooo...poor for Lucy to do that would be silly. He should stick up for himself.

Last edited by MrNasty: 11-22-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Old
CDJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact View Post
Don't remember him on the ice? If you were watching on TV, I believe the camera followed him around while BGL tried to chase him down shift after shift. Kinda hard to miss. I think you were watching the wrong game or something.

Seriously though, why would Lucic fight Laraque? WHY? Can you seriously answer that? Give me a good answer for it...please.

Habs fans being pissed off at Lucic and calling him a coward for not fighting George Freaking Laraque, the well known one and only greatest hockey fighter in the world, makes ALL Habs fans look bad. And I'm friends with some pretty level-headed Habs fans.

You sir, are making them look bad. I guarantee they will agree with that!

Be proud though, Montreal played well and outplayed Boston most of the night. One suggestion though, don't change your entire gameplan just because of a 20-year-old sophomore.
Honor

Old
11-22-2008, 10:00 PM
ThomasJ13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Plus he is their only big forward, without him boston got badly outhit. We finally got back to forechecking and being on the puck. Wuithout Thomas' horseshoe we win like 5-2.
Sounds like a moral victory to me....

Old
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by whycutRolston View Post
It looked to me that Komisarek had that coming to him though. With all the yapping and dirty hits (especially the shot at the knees in the playoffs) it looked like karma working its magic
there were no diry hits, just whiny B's fans.

Old
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
Within the last year...

Begin fought Thornton, Reich and Hnidy
Latendresse fought Chara (well Chara just decided to slug him)
A Kostitsyn fought Ference and Stuart
Kostopoulos fought Alberts, Stuart, Reich and Hnidy
Bouillion fought Reich
Komisarek fought Lucy

In most of those cases the Habs were the lesser weight class and were the better player to be off for 5 minutes but nooooooooo...poor for Lucy to do that would be silly. He should stick for himself.
It's because none of them are first-line players like Lucic.

Closed Thread