HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT: Solid effort but Habs lose 3-2 in SO

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-22-2008, 09:59 PM
  #51
NHLcrazy
Registered User
 
NHLcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,855
vCash: 500
The Bruins will cool down soon, Tim Thomas will not be a 1.80 and .944% goalie all year long!....no team goes 9-0-1 without playing way above their heads except maybe if you're called the Red Wings.

Plus we're playing like pure cr@p for 3 weeks now...we're due for a hot streak, hockey is like life it works in cycles...except again if you're called the Red wings!

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 09:59 PM
  #52
Thorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint-Hubert
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky
You're probably thinking about the 4-on-4.

Stupid quote button.
Ah, that was probably it. He looked good on the point.

And yeah, whats with the quote button all of a sudden not working.

Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:01 PM
  #53
prairie hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 787
vCash: 500
I agree completely. Even after we score a goal, I hold my breath to see who he puts out on the ice...........

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:03 PM
  #54
prairie hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan View Post
No kidding.

I love how after Laraque has a great shift and draws a penalty Carbo goes back to Higgins & Kovalev for the PP.
I agree. I also hold my breath waiting to see who he puts on the ice after we score a goal. Notice that whenever we score, our next shift is AWFUL???

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:03 PM
  #55
Thorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint-Hubert
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,193
vCash: 500
I thought Carbo coached a pretty good game, aside from the shootout.

Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:45 PM
  #56
Dynasty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
-For anyone asking why Laraque is on this team, please watch the game. Lucic was petrified, simple as that. Anybody smaller or who couldn't fight as well he would have dropped. He thinks he's a big boy but still cowers from the boss of the school yard.

Instead of making childlish comments like these why don't you focus on your coaches moronic decision to play Laraque on the 1st line all night.This was really dumb to say the least and probably a big factor why the outcome wasn't better for the Habbies. Claude Julien simply outcoached Carbo big time tonight...Fact, he ordered Lucic not to fight with BGL because Lucic, besides being an outstanding fighter, is also an outstanding hockey player...It would be a lop sided tradeoff for the B's to lose an outstanding hockey player while the Habbies lose a useless piece of ****. And who scored the 2nd goal for the B's and a huge one at that? Yep, you guessed it, Lucic...Claude Julien >>>>>>>>>> Carbo!

Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:48 PM
  #57
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I didn't mind the lines too much. Carbo could mix them around when needed, but having a gritty guy on almost each line seemed to help the team get off to a positive start, set the tone and got each line into the game well considering some recent performances. Once we were up and running and we needed offense, we saw moves like putting the Bros K with Lang (for example).

On the Kovalev issue, I'm glad Carbo is trying to get him going, but if he is playing with a bad leg, I'd rather see Carbo rest him a while and try and solve the problem early in the season. That might not be the issue of course, but if Kovy is hurting, I'd prefer to see something done about it now instead of closer to the playoffs. It sure looks to me as though Kovy is not 100% physically (or mentally, but that much is probably obvious).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basszor View Post
PS: Why didn't Andrei get a pass on the 2nd goal ?
Andrei passed the puck to Breezer. Breezer shot the puck towards the net. The puck hit Lang, deflected onto Kostopoulos and into the net.

He doesn't get an assist, but his effort on that one won't have gone unnoticed. The goal doesn't happen without him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Was he not on the point during one PP.
I think I saw him covering for a Dman who was deep on one play but I don't think he played the point outright. I could be wrong though.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:50 PM
  #58
TheCH*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
Instead of making childlish comments like these why don't you focus on your coaches moronic decision to play Laraque on the 1st line all night.This was really dumb to say the least and probably a big factor why the outcome wasn't better for the Habbies. Claude Julien simply outcoached Carbo big time tonight...Fact, he ordered Lucic not to fight with BGL because Lucic, besides being an outstanding fighter, is also an outstanding hockey player...It would be a lop sided tradeoff for the B's to lose an outstanding hockey player while the Habbies lose a useless piece of ****. And who scored the 2nd goal for the B's and a huge one at that? Yep, you guessed it, Lucic...Claude Julien >>>>>>>>>> Carbo!
Habs pwnd this game, you just got lucky on the scoreboard. Lucic is a coward!

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:50 PM
  #59
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
Instead of making childlish comments like these why don't you focus on your coaches moronic decision to play Laraque on the 1st line all night.This was really dumb to say the least and probably a big factor why the outcome wasn't better for the Habbies. Claude Julien simply outcoached Carbo big time tonight...Fact, he ordered Lucic not to fight with BGL because Lucic, besides being an outstanding fighter, is also an outstanding hockey player...It would be a lop sided tradeoff for the B's to lose an outstanding hockey player while the Habbies lose a useless piece of ****. And who scored the 2nd goal for the B's and a huge one at that? Yep, you guessed it, Lucic...Claude Julien >>>>>>>>>> Carbo!
I usually disagree with Ruins fans, but he's bang on despite calling Lucic an outstanding fighter and hockey player. 13 pts in 21 games is barely good, don't overrate him too much. He's a great fighter tho.

Anyways.. Carbo continues to take stupid decisions game in and out. Hell he even got outcoached by John "Rambo" Stevens. That's just bad. He's got to take part of the blame for this one too. He's as bad if not worth than Therrien to make lines.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:56 PM
  #60
Delat
Registered User
 
Delat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
It's plain simple, this team right now is too fancy. AKost tonight showed the team what to do. Shoot and battle hard, the chemistry is not there and the guys are trying too hard to create it instead of just play.

Delat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:58 PM
  #61
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
It's plain simple, this team right now is too fancy. AKost tonight showed the team what to do. Shoot and battle hard, the chemistry is not there and the guys are trying too hard to create it instead of just play.

I still can't believe he only had 1:32 of PP time. This kid should be on the first PP wave on the Point, he's the perfect fit.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:59 PM
  #62
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
no offense but in this regard, what game were you watching? Brisebois and Bouillon were absolutely horrid. OB was actually better than both of them despite the gaff on the first goal. Breezy and Bouillon both soft defensively, thought the habs goal line was the blue line cause thats were they decided to engage on the oncoming opposition. And then there was Bouillon floating around standing in the offensive zone while the rush is heading to his zone.
None taken. O'byrne << Brisebois tonight. Obyrne cost us a goal, weak on the boards than he can be and had trouble containing his man. Bouillon wasn't on top of his game also. But stop with the blind Brisebois hate. The man was fine tonight.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:03 PM
  #63
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
Instead of making childlish comments like these why don't you focus on your coaches moronic decision to play Laraque on the 1st line all night.This was really dumb to say the least and probably a big factor why the outcome wasn't better for the Habbies. Claude Julien simply outcoached Carbo big time tonight...Fact, he ordered Lucic not to fight with BGL because Lucic, besides being an outstanding fighter, is also an outstanding hockey player...It would be a lop sided tradeoff for the B's to lose an outstanding hockey player while the Habbies lose a useless piece of ****. And who scored the 2nd goal for the B's and a huge one at that? Yep, you guessed it, Lucic...Claude Julien >>>>>>>>>> Carbo!
oh we get it, now go back into your time machine to all of last year when we destroyed you and look for the 1000s of posts referencing bruin moral victories and wins in fights and cheap-shotting the 'frenchies' and 'euros'

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:06 PM
  #64
Dojji*
Fight the Hate
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 16,821
vCash: 500
Lucic's goal was "lucky," perhaps, but it was the kind of luck you make for yourself when you attack the goaltender on the weak side while the puck carrier draws the D and you get a good pass or a lucky rebound.

That's the kind of luck you earn by charging that same net 50 other times and not getting the puck or being stoned by the goaltender.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:07 PM
  #65
The n00b King *
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Scatbox-less :(
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,862
vCash: 500
Game needed more Mitch.

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:08 PM
  #66
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
Lucic's goal was "lucky," perhaps, but it was the kind of luck you make for yourself when you attack the goaltender on the weak side while the puck carrier draws the D and you get a good pass or a lucky rebound.

That's the kind of luck you earn by charging that same net 50 other times and not getting the puck or being stoned by the goaltender.
It had nothing to do with luck, it was a perfect pass by Kessel who smoked O'byrne. Even you could have burried that puck in. No need for luck. Price was defenseless against this shot.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:08 PM
  #67
Magic33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,560
vCash: 500
Got back from the game not to long ago. Its different watching in person, a lot more things to look at. Here are some things i noticed:

- The bruins went with a 1-2-2 forcheck. Most of the time, our D had no one to pass to, and had to fire a pass for a tip into the bruins zone. This is why you saw Markov often curl back behind our net. They didn't let us skate it into their zone, which is one of our strengths.

- They played pretty hard, it just seems like they are missing small, but key things. Example: skating over the puck. I noticed a lot of times our guys would pick up speed, only to miss the puck. It is a small thing, but taking the time and focus to pick up the puck and continue skating is important. Its the little things that make the difference.

- Lastly, our D is struggling. When most people think of Defensemen, they think of how a guy plays in our zone, and on a one on one etc. However, it is much more than that. It is about making a good first pass, playing the body, skating the puck when needed, clearing the zone etc. Tonight, O'Byrne did none of that. He constantly missed checks, no tape to tape passes, got dangled on Lucic's goal and was lost out there. I think we need another offensively capable D-Man.

All in all, entertaining game, the ceremony was awesome and the boys played hard. Hopefully they get a win on monday.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:08 PM
  #68
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Olympic Champion
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,197
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
oh we get it, now go back into your time machine to all of last year when we destroyed you and look for the 1000s of posts referencing bruin moral victories and wins in fights and cheap-shotting the 'frenchies' and 'euros'
Dude, you do know who this is, right?

Dynasty...was a HABS fan a year ago but since his boy Ryder became a non-factor here, he basically turned into a Habs hater and is now clearly a Bruins fan.

He can enjoy his forum ban since it's clear he will bring nothing constructive at this point.

And that's a message to other Bruins fans thinking of posting something similar. Forum bans will be dished out without any hesitation when the sole purpose is to troll.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:09 PM
  #69
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I didn't mind the lines too much. Carbo could mix them around when needed, but having a gritty guy on almost each line seemed to help the team get off to a positive start, set the tone and got each line into the game well considering some recent performances. Once we were up and running and we needed offense, we saw moves like putting the Bros K with Lang (for example).

On the Kovalev issue, I'm glad Carbo is trying to get him going, but if he is playing with a bad leg, I'd rather see Carbo rest him a while and try and solve the problem early in the season. That might not be the issue of course, but if Kovy is hurting, I'd prefer to see something done about it now instead of closer to the playoffs. It sure looks to me as though Kovy is not 100% physically (or mentally, but that much is probably obvious).



Andrei passed the puck to Breezer. Breezer shot the puck towards the net. The puck hit Lang, deflected onto Kostopoulos and into the net.

He doesn't get an assist, but his effort on that one won't have gone unnoticed. The goal doesn't happen without him.



I think I saw him covering for a Dman who was deep on one play but I don't think he played the point outright. I could be wrong though.
habs played a good first, went to sleep after scoring early in the 2nd...and won the 3rd aside from that goal..shots were 18-5 habs in the 3rd. bruins trapped from middle of 2nd onward

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:10 PM
  #70
airlouche
Registered User
 
airlouche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
The Bruins will cool down soon, Tim Thomas will not be a 1.80 and .944% goalie all year long!....no team goes 9-0-1 without playing way above their heads except maybe if you're called the Red Wings.

Plus we're playing like pure cr@p for 3 weeks now...we're due for a hot streak, hockey is like life it works in cycles...except again if you're called the Red wings!
I totally agree with your comments, I like the part on the Red Wings, this team and their management are incredible.

airlouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:11 PM
  #71
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Dude, you do know who this is, right?

Dynasty...was a HABS fan a year ago but since his boy Ryder became a non-factor here, he basically turned into a Habs hater and is now clearly a Bruins fan.

He can enjoy his forum ban since it's clear he will bring nothing constructive at this point.
lol weird. thx

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:17 PM
  #72
Turboflex*
 
Turboflex*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,152
vCash: 500
What I don't understand is how Kovalev has managed to get 14 points in 18 games. I guess he's doing something right but all his shifts look awful, he's always turning over the puck, and he seems to be an albatross for his linemates.

Anyways not time to panic yet, overall the effort was good tonight, just need to be less fancy and shoot more.

4 games this week against a mixed bag of opponents, we'll have a better idea of where the habs are by next saturday this time.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:37 PM
  #73
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 8,507
vCash: 500
Interesting how this game is perceived so differently by everyone. I thought we finally came back to playing our game. Fancy perhaps, but safe fancy. Good fancy. Plus aggressive and in their zone. Only two mistakes which cost us (we will have to just award a nightly O'bryne goal to the other team) but otherwise they were not breathing down our throats or anything, quite the opposite. Thomas was good/lucky/whatever. We were getting the puck alot and taking shots. Did anyone see the disparity in checking (i think it was in favour of us 2:1)!? The only crappy parts were Kovy's inability to score and also f'ing up the pp (which aside from him was good...ON A GAGNER LA ZONE!!). Until the end of the shootout, i was feeling great. When Markov missed that yawning cage, I WAS very very unhappy, but Kosto totally made up for that and showed that perseverance that we need. Shootout, whatever. Wheeler's poor puck control = goal. Yeah would have liked to see Tangs instead of Kovy and def not Markov after the 5 hole predictability (Akost deserved it). Overall, if you think about it, Bruins fans were ready to party and run with a regulation win and we tied it up. OT...see kovy. All in all, i'm just happy to see that we've returned to OUR game and that it works. Just bang in that extra one and we're good to go. Gorges is really improving every game. Even Breezer had a great one. I think he did it for Pat.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:43 PM
  #74
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!
 
Vinceee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Amos, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,399
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
dont want to throw another rock @ kovy but i think he is the reason why our pp is struggling... he always go for the hardest play and it always ends as a lousy shot or a pass in the opponent's skates...

he will bounce back

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:46 PM
  #75
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Interesting how this game is perceived so differently by everyone. I thought we finally came back to playing our game. Fancy perhaps, but safe fancy. Good fancy. Plus aggressive and in their zone. Only two mistakes which cost us (we will have to just award a nightly O'bryne goal to the other team) but otherwise they were not breathing down our throats or anything, quite the opposite. Thomas was good/lucky/whatever. We were getting the puck alot and taking shots. Did anyone see the disparity in checking (i think it was in favour of us 2:1)!? The only crappy parts were Kovy's inability to score and also f'ing up the pp (which aside from him was good...ON A GAGNER LA ZONE!!). Until the end of the shootout, i was feeling great. When Markov missed that yawning cage, I WAS very very unhappy, but Kosto totally made up for that and showed that perseverance that we need. Shootout, whatever. Wheeler's poor puck control = goal. Yeah would have liked to see Tangs instead of Kovy and def not Markov after the 5 hole predictability (Akost deserved it). Overall, if you think about it, Bruins fans were ready to party and run with a regulation win and we tied it up. OT...see kovy. All in all, i'm just happy to see that we've returned to OUR game and that it works. Just bang in that extra one and we're good to go. Gorges is really improving every game. Even Breezer had a great one. I think he did it for Pat.
for sure habs were dominant at times, and we're just having problems finishing. bruins were outshot 18-5 and price deserved better. the difference was our pp. we convert once in regulation we win

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.