HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If we learned anything about Lucic tonight...

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2008, 10:40 PM
m00ks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Oh, I know why it's different bb, 'because it's your guy.
Boom.

I must admit the only reason I'm calling for Lucic to answer the bell is because of the double standard I'm hearing.

Old
11-22-2008, 10:40 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
humble,,, ya....

ok.
that part happens to be factual reality. you guys have

1) a fluky SO loss - which should never have happened in the first place
2) a big time win
3) a SO win

umm what else exactly versus us in say the last 7 years?

Old
11-22-2008, 10:41 PM
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt

i said this pretty much already, but look at george's fights with boogard and chara, lucic is no match

and again, how many times in a hockey fight do you see a guy knocked down on the ice and just get up effortlessly back to his feet like the thornton fight? it's because thornton got a lucky break

no offense to b's fans either, laraque has 30 lbs. on him and milan is still a kid

Old
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
It was mutual...I was at the game. Begin actually took off his helmet for courtesy and Thornton kept his on. Begin manned up...Lucy didn't.
Then the Boston fans call Begin a coward when he's fought tougher guys then Lucic.

Old
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Adios.
Thanks. You're my hero.

Old
11-22-2008, 10:42 PM
LazyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Lucic will not, and should not fight Laraque. He has nothing to prove with the league's best enforcer and will not shorthand his team for no pausible reason. They're not even in the same category of fighters and players. It would be stupid for a player like him to square off with the beast in blue and red.

If some people still don't understand this, well then they're making big fools of themselves.
This was said on the first page, and should have been the end of the thread. Kudos Jack.

Lucic did what he needed to tonight, and the Bruins won, deal with it. I would love to see any of you walk up to Lucic and call him a *****.

Old
PoisonEye
Where's Carl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
why dont you youtube yourself a few while leaving ?
I'm sorry you're so upset your team lost. It's really not my fault though. I can come over here and discuss just like you can come to the B's board and discuss. No need to be uncivil.

Old
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Respect Your Edler View Post
It's ok, the Habs won a moral victory from all this.

In all seriousness, knowing to pick your spots in a good thing and you guys should know this despite wanting him to fight. Lucic is not a 4th liner enforcer, he's their 5th best scoring forward. He's not going to fight scrubs.
just like Iginla fighting Willie "slow mo" Mitchell
what about O'Bryen going after smaller guys or non-fighter

Old
11-22-2008, 10:44 PM
BergyDGD
Hockey season yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bney7 View Post
Bruins fans should be embarrassed watching that. I always love the well he's too valuable on the ice excuse, but that doesn't stop him from beating up on smaller guys who aren't known fighters.

I'm a fan of Lucic too, but he flat out got punked tonight.
If getting punked means scoring a critical game tying goal against your rival in their building on an extremely emotional night I sure as hell hope Lucic gets punked more often. I can't believe how consumed you Habs fans are with Lucic.

Old
11-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
different situations, with out a doubt.

but thats the part you guys fail to see.

every time.
Don't worry we do understand that part. Lucic and Komi had something going against each other. Laraque and Lucic don't (still seems to me that they're going to have something against each other real soon...)

BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT! The point was when Bruins fans keep asking us why wouldn't that coward Komi wouldn't go with Lucic last year, we keep saying 'cause 1-He's not that great of a fighter and 2- He's way more important LAST YEAR than Lucic would ever dream to be LAST YEAR. To that you guys keep responding that the fact he was important was irrelevant. Then some want BGL to go with Lucic and to do Bruins fans respond, he's too important compared to BGL......Who cares about the history, who cares about what initiate what in the end what's important? It's who can get hurt and miss some time, and who ends up in the penalty box putting his team in trouble. Komi was more important than Lucic LAST YEAR. Lucic is more important than BGL THIS YEAR.

Bruins fan say: Komi had to drop them LAST YEAR, Lucic shouldn't drop them THIS YEAR. And again since you guys absolutely need a history to have a fight (as if Bruins fans never wants fights unless there's a history between players), seems to me that this little talk and the next little talks and the pushing and shoving that will be going on for the next games will make an history between the 2.....

Old
11-22-2008, 10:45 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Did anyone fight Komi the night of that low bridge....how come it didn't happen that night? Even if Komi didn't want to drop them, did Ward waited for Ballard to do it or did he dropped them before?
As far as Ward/Ballard, it wasn't a great fight, they both got roughings, but both were willing. Komi was never willing after his knee/hip check until this year.

I totally agree with you that Lucic shouldn't have to go with BGL. And frankly I wish Laraque would quit asking and start fighting. He's doing nothing for this rivalry and I had high hopes when he was aquired.

To Lucic's credit he never jumped Komi. The two of them have a great fight going. It's too bad Komi was injured. The games are better when both players are on the ice.

Old
11-22-2008, 10:45 PM
LyleOdelein

Sorry for the garbage posted in this thread guys. A couple of my friends thought it'd be funny to get on here and post stupid stuff from my computer. Last time I have them over for a game. I deleted the posts as quick as I could. Sorry for the troll bait. That's not my style.

Old
11-22-2008, 10:46 PM
emb24*

sorry murph it just occurred to me Fulien is a hypocrite. last year when the habs didn't have much muscle, it was so much easier for chara to slug latendresse, alberts to jump kostitsyn etc ..when B's were getting their ***** handed to them by us. suddenly it's a 'code' problem that lucic is policed by georges?

coach bubbles needs to get a brain

Old
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
that part happens to be factual reality. you guys have

1) a fluky SO loss - which should never have happened in the first place
2) a big time win
3) a SO win

umm what else exactly versus us in say the last 7 years?
Didn't the Habs kick the Booins out of the playoffs the last 3 times they met?

Come on back *****es when you accomplish something against us in the playoffs.

Old
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
DKH, my only issue is how loud that talk was about Kom last year, a real man had to answer the bell. Didn't matter what the circumstance, there was no excuse. Now I read how, well the kid's too valuable, he shouldn't be fighting Laraque.

Why's it ok now, not then ? I really don't have much issue with Lucic not fighting, players do what they do, it's the crap I read.
To be fair mcphee, Julien actually did tell Lucic not to go with Laraque and for good reason (read: he scored).

As for the Komi comparison, Lucic isn't now, nor has he ever been a pure 4th line goon. You guys need to face the fact that enforcers are more effective when they can contribute to the team away from the fights... if they can't, like Laraque, teams aren't going to send their players with skill out there to settle a score.

If a game ever gets out of hand, be it you guys winning or us winning, I have no doubt Looch will get the green light. Trying to make it happen in a close game like this is just an ego rub, because you know it would be stupid to engage.

As for the class thing, didn't BGL already admit Lucic isn't even in his weight class? Do we really think fighting a 20 year old who you have already admitted isnt even in your weight class is a real classy thing for one of the better fighters in the league to do?

Meh whatever turns your crank though guys, but anyone thinking its the same situation isn't being realisitc.

Old
11-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Istvan

Quote:
nah, he probably isn't, guys don't have to fight, it's the blatant hypocrisy I'm reading as to why, when the cry was so vehement that this was unacceptable last year, but now it's differnt. Wish something rhymed with hypocrite, we'd have a nice limerick.
If you say it quickly then "pile of s..." does rhyme. Now let's have the limerick!

Old
11-22-2008, 10:48 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonEye View Post
I'm sorry you're so upset your team lost. It's really not my fault though. I can come over here and discuss just like you can come to the B's board and discuss. No need to be uncivil.
Actually, you're as welcome here as we are there given the reception most of us get trying to get into a decent hockey conversation whenever we try to visit (which is why I consequently stopped since it's not worth my time getting disrespected for no reason).

Real easy to discuss with a clear head off a win but please don't preach a noble message when the majority of your board acts even worse.

Old
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Don't worry we do understand that part. Lucic and Komi had something going against each other. Laraque and Lucic don't (still seems to me that they're going to have something against each other real soon...)

BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT! The point was when Bruins fans keep asking us why wouldn't that coward Komi wouldn't go with Lucic last year, we keep saying 'cause 1-He's not that great of a fighter and 2- He's way more important LAST YEAR than Lucic would ever dream to be LAST YEAR. To that you guys keep responding that the fact he was important was irrelevant. Then some want BGL to go with Lucic and to do Bruins fans respond, he's too important compared to BGL......Who cares about the history, who cares about what initiate what in the end what's important? It's who can get hurt and miss some time, and who ends up in the penalty box putting his team in trouble. Komi was more important than Lucic LAST YEAR. Lucic is more important than BGL THIS YEAR.

Bruins fan say: Komi had to drop them LAST YEAR, Lucic shouldn't drop them THIS YEAR. And again since you guys absolutely need a history to have a fight (as if Bruins fans never wants fights unless there's a history between players), seems to me that this little talk and the next little talks and the pushing and shoving that will be going on for the next games will make an history between the 2.....
So you don't want them to fight but you want other people to want them to fight so everyone is consistent?

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
sorry murph it just occurred to me Fulien is a hypocrite. last year when the habs didn't have much muscle, it was so much easier for chara to slug latendresse, alberts to jump kostitsyn etc ..when B's were getting their ***** handed to them by us. suddenly it's a 'code' problem that lucic is policed by georges?

coach bubbles needs to get a brain
Coaches, fans and players are just seeing it their way....sad but true. Still the coach has to be on his players' side especially the players that are giving him great hockey to say the least. He couldn't care less about what we and the Habs think and it should be the same for us.

Old
11-22-2008, 10:49 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
To be fair mcphee, Julien actually did tell Lucic not to go with Laraque and for good reason (read: he scored).

As for the Komi comparison, Lucic isn't now, nor has he ever been a pure 4th line goon. You guys need to face the fact that enforcers are more effective when they can contribute to the team away from the fights... if they can't, like Laraque, teams aren't going to send their players with skill out there to settle a score.

If a game ever gets out of hand, be it you guys winning or us winning, I have no doubt Looch will get the green light. Trying to make it happen in a close game like this is just an ego rub, because you know it would be stupid to engage.

As for the class thing, didn't BGL already admit Lucic isn't even in his weight class? Do we really think fighting a 20 year old who you have already admitted isnt even in your weight class is a real classy thing for one of the better fighters in the league to do?

Meh whatever turns your crank though guys, but anyone thinking its the same situation isn't being realisitc.
yes and no. georges invited him several times in the first he didn't want to go and he was quiet the rest of the game. i don't believe georges had to fight him nor do i believe carbo sent him out to fight. he sent him out to keep lucic from running around and playing king kong. congrats he scored, but he didn't do the king kong routine tonight

Old
11-22-2008, 10:50 PM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post

well said.

Old
11-22-2008, 10:51 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
i also can't wait to see stewart with the habs next year. pacioretty, chipchura and stewart...some sandpaper
Chippy 2 goals tonight, Stewart one and Ryan White with two also. I think White has a shot at fourth line duty in a few years.

Old
11-22-2008, 10:52 PM
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt

it only makes this rivalry more fun

nice eye catching controversial thread title

Old
11-22-2008, 10:52 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Chippy 2 goals tonight, Stewart one and Ryan White with two also. I think White has a shot at fourth line duty in a few years.
all these kids will replace

kovy, dandy-no, begin, geezebois

thank God

Old
11-22-2008, 10:53 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin4Life View Post
this just in.
julien has put a hit on koivu's head ala carboneau. its time that hab got his head kicked in. if he doesnt fight chara or thorton then koivu is a puss
Koivu wanted your little girl Kessel but he turtled

Closed Thread