HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

S15 vs. One95 shaft?

Old
11-21-2008, 09:53 PM
NYRSinceBirth

vCash: 500
S15 vs. One95 shaft?

If you had a choice, which would you go for and why? I already have a Z-bubble, but it's cut an unknown amount. I want to get a little collection of blades from different companies (Easton, Bauer, etc...) and see what works best. I want to test the waters of different curves, even though I love the PM9 from Bauer.

The Bauer PM9, Easton Forsberg and Easton Sakic are the curves I've used. I want to try the Lidstrom, Drury/Ovechkin, P88, P106 etc...

Last edited by NYRSinceBirth: 11-21-2008 at 09:58 PM.
NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 12:36 AM
dauster

Personally i like all nb shafts more than easton ive had eastons break on me before. the s17 is def lighter than the one95 you should go for a vapor ive always loved all the vapor sticks

dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 12:41 AM
NYRSinceBirth

I was thinking about the Vapor series, but I'm a little worried of the taper. First, it migh limit me for blades, second, I tend to wreak havoc on sticks. My One90 has held up, the thing is a tank, but the super narrow bottom of my Z-Bubble worries me sometimes.

Old
11-22-2008, 12:05 PM
stick9

Pretty sure the S15 is a repainted Z-Bubble, nothing more. The ST being a repainted Ultra-Light.

When it comes to standard shafts, a shaft is a shaft. Go with whatever feels the most comfortable in your hands.

BTW - Most of Vapor the shafts are for tapered blades. The blades you used in your Z-Bubble won't fit. They will however fit in a One95 shaft.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 02:46 PM
dauster

true you will need to buy a diff blade but im almost 100 percent sure every company makes blades for low kick and normal

dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 09:58 PM
NYRSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
Pretty sure the S15 is a repainted Z-Bubble, nothing more. The ST being a repainted Ultra-Light.

When it comes to standard shafts, a shaft is a shaft. Go with whatever feels the most comfortable in your hands.

BTW - Most of Vapor the shafts are for tapered blades. The blades you used in your Z-Bubble won't fit. They will however fit in a One95 shaft.
I've heard similar. But I saw a picture of the S15 and it didn't to have the narrow portion above where the blade attached. I think I'm just going to get the One95 and be done with it, I love my One90 OPS so I assume I'll be happy with it.

Old
11-23-2008, 12:30 AM
db88

im pretty sure the s17 is a low kickpoint stick, and the one95 is a mid kickpoint.. so theyre a little different

db88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 12:48 AM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by db88 View Post
im pretty sure the s17 is a low kickpoint stick, and the one95 is a mid kickpoint.. so theyre a little different
No, they're both traditional shafts. Easton's low kickpoint stick is the Synergy series.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote