HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

I guess...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-23-2008, 09:52 AM
  #26
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Nicely said znk, I think some posters forget that after the way we easily handled the Bruins last year. With the win tonight, the Bruins are the 2nd best team in the league. We stayed toe to toe with them all night, and with a lucky bounce here or there...could have beaten them.
Yea they are the hottest team right now, but for some reason I have a feeling that won't last all season. I have a hard time believing they'll finish the year with under 12 Regulation loss. They will get into a funk eventually and drop down. Just like we should get hot at a certain point again.

I think we played great tonight, and if we continue like this we'll be back to what we were last year.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 10:27 AM
  #27
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Yea they are the hottest team right now, but for some reason I have a feeling that won't last all season. I have a hard time believing they'll finish the year with under 12 Regulation loss. They will get into a funk eventually and drop down. Just like we should get hot at a certain point again.

I think we played great tonight, and if we continue like this we'll be back to what we were last year.
I get the impression that thomas is playing way over his head. Any reversals will start there

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 10:36 AM
  #28
Anksun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,558
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives View Post
The difference however is: last year, most of our best players were signed for the current and next season while this year most of them are without a contract at the end of the year. At some point, these players will stop playing hard to avoid injuries. Bob has to do his job. He should get rid of the players who aren't part of his plans for the next two or three years and sign the others to show them that they belong and get their commitment. Waiting until the end of the season to renew any contract this year isn't a good strategy.
History tend to believe it is quite the contrary. You believe Kovalev is happy the way he's playing right now? You think he will slack down to avoid injuries? i disagree.

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 10:45 AM
  #29
rocketlives
Registered User
 
rocketlives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun View Post
History tend to believe it is quite the contrary. You believe Kovalev is happy the way he's playing right now? You think he will slack down to avoid injuries? i disagree.
Not right now, but if in March Kovy has had a "so so" season and is unsigned, he won't go all out. At any rate, Kovy isn't one of the players i'd sign for more than a season at a time. I would even try to get a good dman for him while he's still worth something.

If Koivu, Tanguay and Komi are part of the Habs' future, let's show them our confidence now and build around them later on. We can't have only rookies. We need some veterans committed to the team on a long term basis.

Last year at the same time BG could have signed Streit for $2.5M/yr for 3 years and he'd be quite handy today as a PP specialist and depth on defense where he'd be much better than O'Byrne anyway.


Last edited by rocketlives: 11-23-2008 at 10:55 AM.
rocketlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 10:47 AM
  #30
CTHabsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 399
vCash: 500
As I recall, the Canadiens were not in first place the entire year last season. I even seem to remember a stretch where they were pretty awful. Loses are never fun, however, it is only November 23.

CTHabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 10:48 AM
  #31
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark4ng3l View Post
If the team plays like last night every game we will finish 1st.
Its almost IMPOSSIBLE that theses guys will score at a slower rate than they have been so far this season

Latendresse
AKost
SKost
Higgins
Lapierre
Kovy
Pleks

Saku, Tanguay and Lang are probably already at or close to their potential

Therefore the team will improve

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 12:32 PM
  #32
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,357
vCash: 500
The Habs were playing this badly last year at the same time. Does nobody remember this? At one point we were something like 14-12-3 or something like that.

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 12:40 PM
  #33
The n00b King *
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Scatbox-less :(
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
The Habs were playing this badly last year at the same time. Does nobody remember this? At one point we were something like 14-12-3 or something like that.
Just checked and we were 14-11-5 before SKost arrived...after that we really turned it on.

Let's hope we turn it around before then, because this place is going to look like a mess if it gets to that point.

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 12:42 PM
  #34
Year 101
Registered User
 
Year 101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
i think we'll finish 4th this year and hopefully do well in the playoffs. I think last night was a much better effort though and if the lines start clikcing we'll come back to the first 10

Year 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 12:54 PM
  #35
theboss*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kostopoulos View Post
As long as we make the playoffs, nothing else matters. It's better to peak at the end of the season or during the playoffs than early (ask the senators).
What he said

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.