HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Kovalev?

Old
11-23-2008, 11:00 AM
GNick42

vCash: 500
Only way to trade Kovalev is for a player like Gaborik? One team's headache for the others. Change of scenery would be good for both players.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 11:03 AM
otto bond

It's a case of the dropsies. Kovy trys to hard to bring his game. He should just play hard and let the game come to him. It's also a team that has the confidence o a bit of a downer. Snap out guys, play hard and they will berries their chances.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
You're not serious are you? You are swimming in talent. You want Kovy to (try to) take the team away from Crosby, Malkin and Staal? He ain't your average plug in winger, especially now that he has been THE go-to-guy in the city that has made him a god (and a goat). I doubt he would work well with your guys. Satan and Sykora are just the type to either finish C, M and S' plays or to feed them. you don't want a guy dipsy doodling into the zone and then giving a behind the back pass to the other team (meant for tomas plekanec) or taking a 0 % shot from almost behind the net (oh wait, that's Lats too). Even when Kovy gets "back", actually even more so, you're better off without him. Unless you wanna give us back (heritage-wise) Crosby???
Well, you haven't watched much of Satan or Sykora this season, I'm guessing. Trust me, Kovalev would be welcomed back to Pittsburgh with open arms. The winger situation is beyond brutal right now. Our best line is our third (Staal's line) and isn't even close.

Both Crosby and Malkin are currently playing on "helicopter" lines (no wings).

But I digress. Kovalev is what he is and he'll come around I am certain. He's just moody, and this is one of those down moods of his. Once he snaps out of it, you guys will be fine.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Travis Moen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
But I digress. Kovalev is what he is and he'll come around I am certain. He's just moody, and this is one of those down moods of his. Once he snaps out of it, you guys will be fine.
The problem is that his periods can last forever...

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Kovalev hasn't been very good so far this year (same with most of our team), but we have to stick with him. He's our best player when he's playing the way he's supposed to and is the key to what should be one of the league's best power plays.

Besides, who do you replace him with? Kostopoulos? D'Agostini? No thanks...give him time and hope he comes around because without him we're screwed.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 12:40 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
He's on a slump. I think Carbo should reduce his icetime. He's averaging over a minute more per game than last season.
I was looking at that too.... but I think its a way to help him out... but I agree , it makes no sense... he needs to play a bit more on the pp , a bit less 5 on 5 or SH .

but don't worry ...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 12:46 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kostopoulos View Post
The problem is that his periods can last forever...
Thats the thing. This is exactly how it was two years ago. "he will come around." "its Kovy being Kovy." and all that.

I hope he breaks out of it cause its going to be a long year for the habs and for this board.

People seem blinded by last year all of a sudden again. He has had the same problems here as he had in NY. One good year and one bad or average year. Maybe this year at his age, he isn't playing for a contract anymore.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Olaf 2017

hey guys if I can ask a question where is theDamned I haven't seen him in a month same time a Kovy started to suck real bad,strange isn't it? Maybe he was Kovalev's lucky charm.

Olaf 2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
14 points in 18 games...yeah he's really underperforming.

He's just been inconsistent, kinda hard to do a lot when you've got 3 guys around you all the time.
Is Kovalev the only guy on this team who gets watched? No...Tanguay and Koivu are equally guarded... They aren't our gamebreakers either. Kovalev is. He's the one getting paid top dollar to produce (cuz that's all he does, he's terrible at everything else in the game).

He's a heartless piece of **** who's returned to his cancerish 06-07 self. Hopefully this time Plekanec isn't the one getting dealt.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Is Kovalev the only guy on this team who gets watched? No...Tanguay and Koivu are equally guarded... They aren't our gamebreakers either. Kovalev is. He's the one getting paid top dollar to produce (cuz that's all he does, he's terrible at everything else in the game).

He's a heartless piece of **** who's returned to his cancerish 06-07 self. Hopefully this time Plekanec isn't the one getting dealt.

Tanguay gets paid more than Kovalev. So does Saku actually. Neither get the same coverage from the other team either.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 02:03 PM
OneSharpMarble

When Souray left everyone though "Geez our PP is going to be terrible now" but it turned out that everyone stepped up and we kicked ass because everyone was helping out and doing their job. We became even more offensive and hard to stop because we werent relying on Souray anymore. Same goes for Kovy, if he goes the guys would step up.

In trade we would like a winger with a good shot, doesnt have to dangle just shoot well. Actually maybe we could get our #4 dman with Kovy, just make a callup from the farm if we need a winger.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Year 101

No. He's playing terribly right now but he is still a mentor to alot of our young players. He had a huge effect on our key players last year. When he breaks out of his slump he'll be much better but give him a bit more time and reunite the ATAK line

Year 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 02:12 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
if you are refering at Plekanec, I would like to tell you that It is Kovalev who have to get Plekanec going, not the opposite
Then you clearly overovestimate Kovalev. He is good, with lots of skills but he's not a player that make his teammates player. He never was and never will be and dont get me wrong, I am a fan of Kovalev but i know he's not that kind of player. The only player that can do that in our team is Koivu, the rest are all ''compliment''.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Stradale

Quote:

Thats a hard statement.

Mind to explain why would he want to be a cancer to this team. GIve me one reason. I guess you're saying he play terribly on purpose to make this team lose and to have a 2 millions contract next year? Is that what you're saying? Grow up man.

Yeah hes ****ing hearthless, i bet all the commercial he did, all the charity, all the meeting with fans are fake ****, he only want to make a good impression.

I just cant believe it the way some people thinks. Especially someone with over 10 000 posts.

Old
11-23-2008, 02:22 PM
Year 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Thats a hard statement.

Mind to explain why would he want to be a cancer to this team. GIve me one reason. I guess you're saying he play terribly on purpose to make this team lose and to have a 2 millions contract next year? Is that what you're saying? Grow up man.

Yeah hes ****ing hearthless, i bet all the commercial he did, all the charity, all the meeting with fans are fake ****, he only want to make a good impression.

I just cant believe it the way some people thinks. Especially someone with over 10 000 posts.
I don't think the amount of posts really depicts something like that but i have to agree with you. People are really going crazy here about kovalev. Ya he is playing terribly but look he mentored the Kostitsyns even plekanec. He's a leader and a friend and is still someone to look up to. He is in a slump but he is too skilled to stay in it much longer. Maybe he needs a pep talk but trading him is out of the question

Old
11-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kostitsyn Bros View Post
I don't think the amount of posts really depicts something like that but i have to agree with you. People are really going crazy here about kovalev. Ya he is playing terribly but look he mentored the Kostitsyns even plekanec. He's a leader and a friend and is still someone to look up to. He is in a slump but he is too skilled to stay in it much longer. Maybe he needs a pep talk but trading him is out of the question
It just surprised me that a guy with that many post cannot be more objective or have a better judgement. We all know Kovalev, he can be in a slump when nothing works, he loses the puck, turnovers etc... it happened and with a guy like Kovalev who is selfish and too proud, he will try too much and the results will just be even worst. But calling a piece of **** and hearthless is just WAY over the limit. He's saying like Kovalev doesnt care about winning, doesnt care about helping the team, doesnt care about anything. Thats just ridiculous.

I knew people will get high expectations from him after last season, he played over his head. But whats happening to him now is, for me, almost normal. I bet he is just as frustrated against himself than we are. He worked hard in the offseason to be in the best shape for this season and people wanting to trade him, calling him hearthless and piece of **** is ****ing ridiculous.

Last edited by Stradale: 11-23-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old
11-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Year 101

Quote:
It just surprised me that a guy with that many post cannot be more objective or have a better judgement. We all know Kovalev, he can be in a slump when nothing works, he loses the puck, turnovers etc... it happened and with a guy like Kovalev who is selfish and too proud, he will try too much and the results will just be even worst. But calling a piece of **** and hearthless is just WAY over the limit. He's saying like Kovalev doesnt care about winning, doesnt care about helping the team, doesnt care about anything. Thats just ridiculous.

I knew people will get high expectations from him after last season, he played over his head. But whats happening to him now is, for me, almost normal. He bet he is just as frustrated against himself than we are. He worked hard in the offseason to be in the best shape for this season and people wanting to trade him, calling him hearthless and piece of **** is ****ing ridiculous.
I completely agree but its a tendency with habs fans that when were in a slump that we choose a scapegoat and over exaggerate it. Don't get me wrong im not happy with Kovalev's play but to call him stuff like that and to try and trade him would have a negative effect on this team. It's better he has a slump now and breaks out of it then if we go into the playoffs and he has one.

Old
11-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Megaforce

Kovalev has some sort of undisclosed injury/ailment/affliction that's slowing him down. Maybe a knee or a back or a shoulder.

Same as two years ago.

If there's a problem it's that he has too much heart, he wants to play while injured.

I'd rather they just give him 10 days off, order him to go to sit on a beach in Florida and do a coupla hours a day in the hyperbaric chamber, he'll come back much stronger and guys like Higgins will pick up the slack in his absence.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 03:05 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Kovalev has some sort of undisclosed injury/ailment/affliction that's slowing him down. Maybe a knee or a back or a shoulder.

Same as two years ago.

If there's a problem it's that he has too much heart, he wants to play while injured.

I'd rather they just give him 10 days off, order him to go to sit on a beach in Florida and do a coupla hours a day in the hyperbaric chamber, he'll come back much stronger and guys like Higgins will pick up the slack in his absence.
Thats probably why he played like that all his carreer long.. He has always been playing injured outside of last season.. Logic..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Shabutie

Quote:

Jesus christ did I ever say anything about what he does on off the ice? No, cuz he's a great person off the ice. It's on the ice that he's a heartless piece of ****. His heart isn't in the game, and if you can't see that, you're clearly blind.

Old
11-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kostitsyn Bros View Post
The same thing was said 2 years ago...

It's no secret that I've always hated the way he plays, but he's really bringing everyone he plays with down. He's the leagues biggest puck hog and a turnover machine. At least last year he knew when to dish out the puck and kept his game simple.

Old
11-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Last year's Kovalev actually showed some heart & passion. He was even back checking pretty well. Show me one example of when he did that this year?

Old
11-23-2008, 03:21 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:

It's no secret that I've always hated the way he plays, but he's really bringing everyone he plays with down. He's the leagues biggest puck hog and a turnover machine. At least last year he knew when to dish out the puck and kept his game simple.
I would give that tittle to Jason Spezza but Kovy is certainly not far behind..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Year 101

Quote:

Yes but i think after last season he feels that montreal has alot of love for him and he'll break out. He does have heart he's jsut in a slump

Old
11-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Tortue

Kovalev and O'Byrne for Morris and Carcillo

Tortue is offline   Reply With Quote