HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Solid effort but Habs lose 3-2 in SO

Old
11-23-2008, 02:12 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Anyone else see Koivu just absolutely paste Wideman(I think it was Wideman)? I got a pretty big chuckle out of that.
I laughed a lot harder when Lang hit Chara earlier in the game... Koivu just smoked Wideman though too, I loved it.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 03:30 PM
TomPlex

Bruins fans are pathetic.

/THREAD

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Travis Moen

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 05:10 PM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbc37 View Post
laraques also had a huge effect on your team as he was playing alot of minutes. Sure he hurt Lucic's play but he hurt the habs more as he was taking more ice away from more skilled players. And why would lucic(a first liner) drop them with a goon whos only purpose is to fight. And Thornton challenged laraque a few times and laraque never awnsered so i guess laraque is a "chicken bleep" too.
He played just fine...didn't hurt us at all, IMO.

As far as Lucic goes...here is a small list of 1st liners, many smaller than Lucic...and definitely not showboaters like Lucic (that in itself warrants "extra attention" from other so-called goons), that put their money where their mouth is on a regular basis, and never backed down or chickened out when challenged:

Neely
Shanahan
Corson
Iginlia
Lindros

Thats just to name a few...and all those guys were/are legitimate 1st liners. Even a Mama's boy like Lindros dropped them when challenged.

Oh, Laraques has fought Thornton numerous times - and I don't recall a challenge he denied.

Trust me...Lucic is going to be skating with a bullseye stapled to his head all his career if he continues with classless BS, like that showboating he did game before last. He better start answering the bell or he's going to lose the respect of his opponents and even his own teammates.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kostopoulos View Post
'nuff said

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 06:36 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
'nuff said
But Koivu is soft?

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
But Koivu is soft?
Oh and he must be traded, cause Kovalev got sooooo much more leadership and is so much more consistent!!!

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 06:43 PM
x-bob

I am much more please with this loss then both wins against the Sens and Blues. We played inspired hockey, something we haven't seen from the Habs since the comeback vs the Islanders. Sure, the loss agaisn bitter rivals leaves a bitter taste but I hope we are able to build from it.

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 09:30 PM
mlandry

A bit late but :

Didn't like the shootout choices. I really think Kovalev needs to be 4th on the shootout. He does get some good goals once in a while but most of the time he's easy to read...

Tanguay or AKost deserve some shootout time.

mlandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 09:44 PM
biggles8

Well it's all the better for the rivalry IMO. It's been years since we've been able to take some regular season wins vs. your club. What does bother me is how BGL ( as undisputed and honest an enforcer there is ) goes on and on about Lucic waving his arms un-professionally and acting liek a jerk from the minor leagues after the Komisarek fight....and did any Habs fan see your guy less than 2 years ago after he punched out Fedoruk ?
Check it here............... http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/22733
Maybe a bit 2 faced ? You guys be the judge. Anyway good weekend and good luck til we go again in January.

biggles8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
Was there any open net miss yesterday?
Markov's blastant one. Other that this one, just about 5 by Lang.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
'nuff said
Lies this is photoshopped.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 10:14 PM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles8 View Post
Well it's all the better for the rivalry IMO. It's been years since we've been able to take some regular season wins vs. your club. What does bother me is how BGL ( as undisputed and honest an enforcer there is ) goes on and on about Lucic waving his arms un-professionally and acting liek a jerk from the minor leagues after the Komisarek fight....and did any Habs fan see your guy less than 2 years ago after he punched out Fedoruk ?
Maybe a bit 2 faced ? You guys be the judge. Anyway good weekend and good luck til we go again in January.
This was a playoff game. I think that was Georges' point there. But point well taken...at least Georges backs his sheet up, eh?

Cheers...till January.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 10:16 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
That's because he just finished beating down the other team's heavyweight. If the Ducks had a tougher guy than Fedoruk and he wanted to fight BGL because he waved his arms in the air Laraque would've backed it up and fought him, something Lucic didn't do.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Probably hypocritical just like many Bruins fans look now when they said Komisarek wouldn't fight Lucic.

Lucic is my favorite Bruin by far but he looks like an idiot acting like the heavy weight of the world one night then to back down from a fight the next

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 10:51 PM
biggles8

Like I said , it's all good for the rivalry. We think you're divers and cheapshotters and you think we're chicken and cheapshotters. It makes a cold winter something to look forward too ! Off to bed , g'nite Habs !

biggles8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 11:06 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Im watching the game again right now because the first few minutes of the game are absolutely hilarious, with the Lucic chanting Anyone notice Obyrne actually throwing his weight around when he sees Lucic?!

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote