HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If YOU were THE coach..

Old
11-23-2008, 04:56 PM
la25ecoupe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Like if I was coach.. or if I was Carbonneau? 'Cause if I was Carbs, I would quit.
If you were filling Carbo's shoes. I mean, if you were coach. Don't fire yourself without trying to do something first

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Chazoulay

I'd trade Koivu for a captain who can lead our team to another cup.. the drought's been too long I.M.O.

Chazoulay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 06:02 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazoulay View Post
I'd trade Koivu for a captain who can lead our team to another cup.. the drought's been too long I.M.O.
Clearly you are intelligent since the coach can't trade anyone.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Chazoulay

Well obviously the coach can't trade, but i'd speak to Gainey about it.
enough said.. we need another cup!

Chazoulay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 06:19 PM
ToysInTheAttic

If I were the coach, I would do what Carbonneau is doing. He is adjusting the team to how the other teams in the league have progressed, hence changing the lines. What worked last year is passe.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Quote:
Someone fire this guy

Get Tha Funk Out Knoub

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 06:30 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kostitsyn Bros View Post
I would reunite andrei with pleks and kovy and try and reignite the magic if not i'd call up dago and webber to send a message
not smart at all look at the magic andrei is making himself and look at the crap kovy is stirring up not smart at all no sir

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
mmmmm I smell a noob...

Trading koivu is SO 2006

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 06:47 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
mmmmm I smell a noob...

Trading koivu is SO 2006
Not a noob, a man from the past.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
Tanguay - Koivu - Latendresse
Higgins - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn
S. Kostitsyn- Lang - Kovalev
Laraque/Begin - Lapierre - Kostopoulos
Fixed for you.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 09:42 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
The more you shuffle the lines, the less time they will have to actually find chemistry. Last night the lines were fine, they just needed more determination, and some luck. They need to want to win more. So far we can only beat the team thats slumping faster then us. The Sens.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 10:10 PM
otto bond

I would like to see for next game

Tanguay-Koivu-Latendresse
Higgins-Pleckanec-A.K.46
S.K.74-Lang-A.K.27
Kosto-Begins-Laraque

J.G.-Markov
O'Byrne- Hamer
Breezer-Bouillon

Price

I would then call up Carle. If you can't trade Dandy, well I guess he either clears waivers and goes the the Dogs or goes to a team that can claims him Put Carle in
for a few games to replace O'Byrne and hopefully whip OB to play better.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 10:17 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
The more you shuffle the lines, the less time they will have to actually find chemistry. Last night the lines were fine, they just needed more determination, and some luck. They need to want to win more. So far we can only beat the team thats slumping faster then us. The Sens.
Hear, hear !!!! I think the lines from yesterday were fine. In due time, Carbo will put Sergei with Lang and his brother and Guillaume will come back on the Koivu-Tanguay line. If these two lines find chemistry, which seems likely, we can afford having a struggling Kovalev trying to find his groove and when he'll do, which I think is a matter of time, we'll be in business.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 10:17 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
Laraque on the first and Kosto on the third really??? 2 goals is no where near enough with our Defense.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 10:27 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

To be honest something I think we lack is a true 4th line. This year we've had like 10 different 4th lines and I think it's hard for the players to build chemistry on it when they are playing with someone new every 2nd game. Last year we got quite a bit of offense coming from our 4th line and that helped take a load of pressure off our top lines, especially when you even get Dandenault chipping in the odd goal. The 6-1 game vs. Boston they got a huge boost from their 4th line when guys like Thornton and Yelle got them on the board.

This year we've got a combined 2 goals from our 4th liners (Begin, Lapierre, Dandenault and Laraque... not included TKO because his 2 goals were on the third line) and one of those goals was an empty netter by Begin and the other was a SHG by Lapierre, so 0 even strength goals from our 4th liners is pretty pathetic even if they are just a 4th line.

I really would like to see Chipchura get the call up to anchor the 4th line as I think he'd help it way more than Lapierre ever could.

Andrighetto Fabolous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 10:58 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
I would bench the ass of Kovalev, Then use the following lineup

Latendresse-Koivu-Tanguay
Higgins-Plekanec-Andrei K
Sergei K-Lang-Kostopoulos
Begin-Lapierre-Laraque

Then, I would make Kovalev starve until he wants to prove the point of him being with the team, then I would introduce him gradually, like i would do with any rookie, with no pp time

Sergei K-Lang-Kostopoulos
Begin-Lapierre-Kovalev

Then, if he can play with a bit of inspiration, for a few games, I would bump him further

Sergei K-Lang-Kovalev
Begin-Lapierre-Kostopoulos

Then if he keeps playing well, I give him some powerplay time, but, If he get slumpy and tasteless again, I would go back one step, until he shows consistency

Oh and if he's not happy, I would ask Bob to send his ass to Atlanta

Then I would ask him to call up D'agostini
Kovalev isn't playing like he was last year, but is that really surprising?..I didn't really expect him to get a G/GP ratio.
That being said, he's got 14Pts/19GP which isn't bad in terms of production.

You also don't treat any veteran, not just Kovy, but not any veteran of his stature like the way you're suggesting.

He's not a rookie or a 2nd-3rd year player, and whether he's playing well or not, he still has the skill to create a crazy play at any time.

I'm also not sure you want to keep an unhappy Kovalev around the team.
Kovalev is clearly having difficulties this season, but I don't think he's been that bad. Plekanec isn't playing particularly well, and we can't blame that on Kovalev anymore like we used too.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 11:14 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Quote:
I would bench the ass of Kovalev, Then use the following lineup

Then, I would make Kovalev starve until he wants to prove the point of him being with the team, then I would introduce him gradually, like i would do with any rookie, with no pp time

Then, if he can play with a bit of inspiration, for a few games, I would bump him further

Then if he keeps playing well, I give him some powerplay time, but, If he get slumpy and tasteless again, I would go back one step, until he shows consistency

Oh and if he's not happy, I would ask Bob to send his ass to Atlanta

Then I would ask him to call up D'agostini
Oh man.... another

Kovalev needs 1 week of getting in the zone and he's back at a PPG. He's a whopping 3 (three), yep, count 'em, 3 points back of leading the team.

People here really say the oddest things.... I don't get the big Kovalev dumpfest. I'm not thrilled with his lazy attitude towards checking, but he's not dragging the team down like some are suggesting.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Kingbobert

i think the prob with kovalev is that one year he does amazing the next teams focus more on him and neutralize him so he just gives up, and the next year teams dont think he'll do anything so they let go of him more and he walks all over them...

thats why throughout his career he always has one good year after a bad year

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Magic33

Quote:
It was Koivu's birthday today, well yesterday i guess (Nov.23rd). Im surprised nobody noticed!

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 12:10 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Kovalev isn't playing like he was last year, but is that really surprising?..I didn't really expect him to get a G/GP ratio.
That being said, he's got 14Pts/19GP which isn't bad in terms of production.

You also don't treat any veteran, not just Kovy, but not any veteran of his stature like the way you're suggesting.

He's not a rookie or a 2nd-3rd year player, and whether he's playing well or not, he still has the skill to create a crazy play at any time.

I'm also not sure you want to keep an unhappy Kovalev around the team.

Kovalev is clearly having difficulties this season, but I don't think he's been that bad. Plekanec isn't playing particularly well, and we can't blame that on Kovalev anymore like we used too.
I already answered this in my post, if he is unhappy, trade him to Atlanta

And again, because i cannot count the number of time I said it, Kovalev needs to make his linemates look better, and thats not by hogging the puck from Plek that he will make him shine

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 12:33 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Then you'd be up in the rafters, hanging from a noose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
It was Koivu's birthday today, well yesterday i guess (Nov.23rd). Im surprised nobody noticed!
I had a couple of drinks earlier today in Koivu's honour. Happy belated 34th Koivu.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 12:40 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
The only real issues are the leaders not leading by example. Whether its on D or up front, too many guys look uninterested. I mean, I haven't noticed Higgins since his hatrick against the Sens, Kovalev looks uninterested and AK is floating more than ever.

They will get it back, every single team goes through a tough spell in the season, we are hitting it early.
By AK do you mean Andrei Kostitsyn? Cuz if you do, i think we are watching different games. Andrei Kostitsyn is one of the, if not the best forward since 3-4 games.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 12:44 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
I already answered this in my post, if he is unhappy, trade him to Atlanta

And again, because i cannot count the number of time I said it, Kovalev needs to make his linemates look better, and thats not by hogging the puck from Plek that he will make him shine
If it was that easy, he might have been gone already.

Kovalev has never made his teammates look better, not even in his career year. So expecting him to do so when he's slowed down is quite unrealistic.

Plekanec shouldn't need Kovalev's help to be better anyways, if he's talented enough to be considered a top line center, then he should be helping Kovy just as much as Kovy's suppose to help him.

Plek's has had his fair share of chances as well, he hasn't been able to finish though and Kovy's missed some too.

Kovalev hasn't changed his way of playing since last season, he was hogging the puck just as much, he's always played like this. Some years worked better than others, but it's still the same old Kovy.

We'll see how things develop, if they can get hot on PP again, Kovalev would be the same as last year.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 12:51 AM
Crystal Met

the line up is so obvious i cant beleive he didnt even tried it once
why always the kost with lang?? he is too slow. put him with kovy and higgins will take care of the defensive aspect.. the tanguay koivu latendresse was good in the begining of the season so thats that.

tanguay - koivu - latendresse
skost - pleckanec - akost
Higgins - Lang - Kovalev
Laraque - Begin - Kostopolous

Crystal Met is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 01:05 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If it was that easy, he might have been gone already.

Kovalev has never made his teammates look better, not even in his career year. So expecting him to do so when he's slowed down is quite unrealistic.

Plekanec shouldn't need Kovalev's help to be better anyways, if he's talented enough to be considered a top line center, then he should be helping Kovy just as much as Kovy's suppose to help him.

Plek's has had his fair share of chances as well, he hasn't been able to finish though and Kovy's missed some too.

Kovalev hasn't changed his way of playing since last season, he was hogging the puck just as much, he's always played like this. Some years worked better than others, but it's still the same old Kovy.

We'll see how things develop, if they can get hot on PP again, Kovalev would be the same as last year.
Exactly.

Since when Kovalev made his teammate better? He never did and never will. If you dont know that, you dont know Kovalev and is overestimating him. He had a great season last year becaue his whole line worked out well. Kovalev was not making Plek and A. Kost a better player. They were complementing each other.

People needs to stop thinking Kovalev is that kind of player. Theres a reason he is paid 4.5 millions and not 7-8 millions. Kovalev can complement a good player but he cannot make his linemates better.

I knew after last season, he will become overestimated and fans will not accept to see a guy who played so well last year to fall in a slump.

One more thing, on what occasion Kovalev was at his best last season? Yes, on the powerplay, he got a lots of his points production on the PP. But since the playoff of last year, other has found a way to stop our PP, and thats by watching Kovalev closely. This year our PP isnt going well and that does affect Kovalev play and number. He has 14 pts in 19 games, if our PP was as good as last year, i bet Kovy would have 4-5 points more that would make him a PPG player and that would definately help his confidence aswell.

You can blame everything on Kovalev, saying he has decided to become the cancer of the team, bringing the team down, bringing his teammates and linemates down, and that on his contract year. Yeah that doesnt make sense but a lot of members here is believing that ********.

I rather believe that he has lost some confidence and that little touch. Now, he's trying to get out of that slump by doing thing by himself instead of the simple things. Also, I do believe that team are watching him twice more on the PP and it doesnt make things easy for him. Oh yeah, and his linemates Higgins and Plekanec arent playing great either but i know... you guys will blame Kovalev for that.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote