HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

D'Agostini 11 goals!!

Old
11-24-2008, 07:56 AM
hashmi842*

vCash: 500
D'Agostini 11 goals!!

HAMILTON - Matt D'Agostini's second goal of the game with 1:23 left in the third period lifted the Hamilton Bulldogs to a 4-3 victory over the Rochester Americans on Saturday night in the AHL.

D'Agostini, who leads the Bulldogs in goals (11) and points (18), scored the game winner on a Bulldogs power play, with Americans defenceman Michael Caruso serving an interference penalty.

How long BG?

hashmi842* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 08:09 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
http://stats.theahl.com/stats/statdi...&singleSeason=

That's old, he has 13 goals now.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 08:22 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Interesting stats on there.

Shawn Belle: +15 - It seems like he's picked up his game. Hope he still has it to become the D-man he was expected to be. Any chance of seeing him called up?

MaxPac: A little disappointed thus far in his stats, with only 1 goal and a team-worst -5. Is he still on the top line? Who's he playing with?

D'Agostini also seems to have had a very good start.

Ben Max and Chipper also seems to be doing well.

Has anybody been watching the games? Are the stats reflective of their actual play?

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

should have given him a chance instead of trading for Lang

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 08:35 AM
fufonzo

Different positions...and they don't bring the same thing.

I don't get the hate for Lang. He's been playing better than expected and is on pace for more than 50 points this year, this despite missing a few golden opportunities...He's creating things out there.

Old
11-24-2008, 08:41 AM
ppil

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
Different positions...and they don't bring the same thing.

I don't get the hate for Lang. He's been playing better than expected and is on pace for more than 50 points this year, this despite missing a few golden opportunities...He's creating things out there.
I don't unerstand... He's 1 pt behind Kovy, playing on the third line, +6. I guess it's 24 PIM that people hates. For me, I just hate the fact that he gets a lot of power play time. He took Andrei's place on Kovalev's unit. Andrei was really good in front of the net last year, this year he's playing Kovalev's role on the second unit, he's not bad but it's not the same thing...

D'Ago is doing great, but I'm afraid he might be used in a trade this year. I would like to see what Mathieu Carle could do with the habs. He has 7 pts in 12 games and I bet he's only starting to feel good out there since his injury

ppil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 08:51 AM
fufonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppil View Post
I don't unerstand... He's 1 pt behind Kovy, playing on the third line, +6. I guess it's 24 PIM that people hates. For me, I just hate the fact that he gets a lot of power play time. He took Andrei's place on Kovalev's unit. Andrei was really good in front of the net last year, this year he's playing Kovalev's role on the second unit, he's not bad but it's not the same thing...

D'Ago is doing great, but I'm afraid he might be used in a trade this year. I would like to see what Mathieu Carle could do with the habs. He has 7 pts in 12 games and I bet he's only starting to feel good out there since his injury
Agreed about the PIM's and about AK and the PP. It seems all Lang's g-dam penalties are on the powerplay as well, which is frustrating.

I hope he's not used in a trade. I never find you get good value from guys who've never had the chance to play in the NHL, regardless of their stats in the A.

I also didn't think of Matt Carle. How's he defensively? He's definitely interesting and could help our D situation, I think. It would give us another puck mover.

Old
11-24-2008, 09:02 AM
Pascal

i like how Hamilton has 8 players listed as C.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 09:21 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Interesting stats on there.

Shawn Belle: +15 - It seems like he's picked up his game. Hope he still has it to become the D-man he was expected to be. Any chance of seeing him called up?

MaxPac: A little disappointed thus far in his stats, with only 1 goal and a team-worst -5. Is he still on the top line? Who's he playing with?

D'Agostini also seems to have had a very good start.

Ben Max and Chipper also seems to be doing well.

Has anybody been watching the games? Are the stats reflective of their actual play?
Maxwell, Chipchura and D'Agostini are all playing well, so is Russell, who has suprised me this year. But the entire team is doing well so far this year. Pacioretty has his ups and downs, he hasn't been as physical as he was last year, but he did just take a major for hitting from behind last night. Still he's the youngest player on the team and he has had some nice passes.

Chipchura since getting the C has been on a mission, his offensive game has really picked up, what a goal he scored on Saturday.

Maxwell has been consistently putting points on the board, he plays a passive style but he's smart, good in his own end and knows what to do with the puck.

D'Agostini was 2nd on the Dogs in scoring last year, so we know he can produce but this year things are just clicking for him, he's always had a good shot but it seems to have more confidence and playing with Lehoux helps as he's a skilled player for sure.

Belle has been solid in his own end, I'd call up Henry way before Belle though. If it's a RD, then it's a tough problem as Carle had a big game last night and Weber has been on the top pairing at times although I don't know if he's going to be injured after a hit last night.

Quote:
I also didn't think of Matt Carle. How's he defensively? He's definitely interesting and could help our D situation, I think. It would give us another puck mover.
Carle's defense is ok but needs improvement imo. He's got to get stronger and quicker but he sure can move the puck, very good passer.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 09:31 AM
fufonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Maxwell, Chipchura and D'Agostini are all playing well, so is Russell, who has suprised me this year. But the entire team is doing well so far this year. Pacioretty has his ups and downs, he hasn't been as physical as he was last year, but he did just take a major for hitting from behind last night. Still he's the youngest player on the team and he has had some nice passes.

Chipchura since getting the C has been on a mission, his offensive game has really picked up, what a goal he scored on Saturday.

Maxwell has been consistently putting points on the board, he plays a passive style but he's smart, good in his own end and knows what to do with the puck.

D'Agostini was 2nd on the Dogs in scoring last year, so we know he can produce but this year things are just clicking for him, he's always had a good shot but it seems to have more confidence and playing with Lehoux helps as he's a skilled player for sure.

Belle has been solid in his own end, I'd call up Henry way before Belle though. If it's a RD, then it's a tough problem as Carle had a big game last night and Weber has been on the top pairing at times although I don't know if he's going to be injured after a hit last night.

Carle's defense is ok but needs improvement imo. He's got to get stronger and quicker but he sure can move the puck, very good passer.
Thanks for the info, Dan.

Sounds like they have quite the team down there this year. From the sounds of it, there have been a lot of pleasant surprises this year.

Happy to hear Henry has been playing well. I didn't know much about him other than the fact he can rarely throw them down. Good to know he can actually play as well.

Old
11-24-2008, 09:46 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Nice to see the future progressing well. I have a feeling a few of them might get a chance sooner or later this season.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 11:59 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

I was confused when I read this thread.. I thought I did a time warp.. lol.

He has 13 goals and 23 points in 18 games.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
should have given him a chance instead of trading for Lang
So that we could play with Lapierre or Chipchura as our 3rd line center?

Habs10Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 12:35 PM
snakeye

Seriously? Take away Dagostini's momentum by calling him up to play with a struggling team? The solution's withing the team, it's not some rookie with zero NHL experience that's going to turn this team around. Let him develop, give him at least 40 games before trying him in the NHL.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Seriously? Take away Dagostini's momentum by calling him up to play with a struggling team? The solution's withing the team, it's not some rookie with zero NHL experience that's going to turn this team around. Let him develop, give him at least 40 games before trying him in the NHL.
He's been called up on occasion, has a bit more than zero experience, but I see your point. I also don't think there is that much more he can learn in the AHL besides consistency and he seems to be taking the right steps forward for that.. let's see if he can keep it up a while longer, should stay in the AHL for a bit more like you said.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Calling Sergei Kostitsyn up from Hamilton was the turning point of last season.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
So that we could play with Lapierre or Chipchura as our 3rd line center?
I have no problem with Chip as our #3 centerman, but thats just my opinion

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 01:01 PM
fufonzo

How long is Lats out for?

Old
11-24-2008, 01:01 PM
albertabound

In a previous post on HABFANS it had that Chip score a Sh empty net goal and the bullsdogs have done that 3 times this season and Chipper had 2 and assisted on the 3rd one. That is great defensive hockey killing a penatly and controlling the play to be able to score!!!

albertabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
I actually think he could help these days ... I would like to see the following lineup ...

Tanguay, Koivu, A.Kostsitsyn
Higgins, Plekaneks, Daggostini
S.Kostsitsyn, Lang, Kovy

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Stradale

I would definately give him a shot. This team more goals and a spark.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
How long is Lats out for?
We don't know that now.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I would definately give him a shot. This team more goals and a spark.
i think it's too early for it.. the team has played better the last week. If only Kovy could wake up I guarantee we'll play good again.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 02:35 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Calling Sergei Kostitsyn up from Hamilton was the turning point of last season.
Why was he called up and when?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
Why was he called up and when?
I think it had something to do with Ryder's play at the time. The date was December 13th against the Flyers.

Habs10Habs is online now   Reply With Quote