HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lupul on trading block? (November 22nd)

Old
11-24-2008, 01:09 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
yep we will hear the trade rumors till the deadline Lupul or Hartnell &Jones or Carle for Bouwmeester rumors.
coming from eklund in 5,4,3,2,1..........

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 01:11 PM
blah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamski7 View Post
that would probably spell the end of this rumor.
I don't see why.

blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamski7 View Post
that would probably spell the end of this rumor.
Not really, if Blues are/were looking for scoring Steen and Colaiacovo hardly help in scoring dept.

Hear me out before cursing me out

Steen and Pietrangelo and something minor

For Parent (injured but will be back in less then one month) or Sbisa and Lupul?

Flyers need RH d-men prospect (of course it does not mean we will get Pietrangelo but in terms of value how is it?). Cut down on salary and get d-sive forward in Steen. Steen would be able to play with Briere or Richards or Carter. He is a speedy guy.

Blues get scoring but downgrade on D. Flyers downgrade on O but get better on D.

I prefer move Sbisa in this one. (not because he sucks or I do not like him but because we need stay home at this point) Timonen, Carle, Coburn, Vaananen and to some extant Parent with Alberts can all move the puck and we still have Jones. Pietrangelo will make this team a year or two from now. Along with Giroux, JVR.

Lupul will look good with Berglund (young playmaker).

Is this a rip off deal?

Last edited by Kaktus*: 11-24-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 02:04 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Not really, if Blues are/were looking for scoring Steen and Colaiacovo hardly help in scoring dept.

Hear me out before cursing me out

Steen and Pietrangelo and something minor

For Parent (injured but will be back in less then one month) or Sbisa and Lupul?

Flyers need RH d-men prospect (of course it does not mean we will get Pietrangelo but in terms of value how is it?). Cut down on salary and get d-sive forward in Steen. Steen would be able to play with Briere or Richards or Carter. He is a speedy guy.

Blues get scoring but downgrade on D. Flyers downgrade on O but get better on D.

I prefer move Sbisa in this one. (not because he sucks or I do not like him but because we need stay home at this point) Timonen, Carle, Coburn, Vaananen and to some extant Parent with Alberts can all move the puck and we still have Jones. Pietrangelo will make this team a year or two from now. Along with Giroux, JVR.

Lupul will look good with Berglund (young playmaker).

Is this a rip off deal?
I dunno but I think you've got some things confused.

Pietrangelo isn't a shut-down d-man... he's got a lot of untapped offensive potential, maybe the best of the 4 big draftees, but he's certainly not better than the rest defensively. He's a puck-mover.

And you're thinking of moving Parent for him... who is a shut-down d-man - I think you've got some players mixed up. I also wouldn't call Parent a puck mover - he's not a liability with it, like Hatcher, or Smith, but a mover he isn't.

Our best outlet passer bar-none is Carle who's superb at it. I think we're fine on defense personally. I think we need to start doign 2-1 deals or bring in a young goalie.

Depth wise and construction wise I think the d and forward corps is set for a while.

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 02:12 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjpd View Post
I dunno but I think you've got some things confused.

Pietrangelo isn't a shut-down d-man... he's got a lot of untapped offensive potential, maybe the best of the 4 big draftees, but he's certainly not better than the rest defensively. He's a puck-mover.

And you're thinking of moving Parent for him... who is a shut-down d-man - I think you've got some players mixed up. I also wouldn't call Parent a puck mover - he's not a liability with it, like Hatcher, or Smith, but a mover he isn't.

Our best outlet passer bar-none is Carle who's superb at it. I think we're fine on defense personally. I think we need to start doign 2-1 deals or bring in a young goalie.

Depth wise and construction wise I think the d and forward corps is set for a while.
I am sorry.. WTF are you talking about?

Old
11-24-2008, 02:12 PM
blah

No way does StL trade Pietrangelo; they just drafted him. And I'd rather keep Parent and Sbisa.

I have no problem dealing Lupul for roleplayers though. I'd love a deal like Armstrong and Pavelec for Lupul from ATL, or something along those lines with another team.

Old
11-24-2008, 02:13 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
I am sorry.. WTF are you talking about?
You were talking about nabbing Pietrangelo as a shut-down D... and possibly moving Parent/Sbisa in a deal for him.

Pietranegelo isn't a shut-down D. At all.

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjpd View Post
You were talking about nabbing Pietrangelo as a shut-down D... and possibly moving Parent/Sbisa in a deal for him.

Pietranegelo isn't a shut-down D. At all.
I never said he was shut down d-men. I have no idea why you think I said that.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 11-24-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old
11-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I love the hypocrisy on here. Lupul is in a slump, everyone wants to deal him. Fartnell has done nothing since coming to Philadelphia and he gets a free pass. If there's any forward in Philadelphia that needs to go, it's Hartnell. A complete and utter waste of roster space and money, yet people on here love him. I really don't get it.
Trust me, I'd rather move Hartnell, but I don't see it happening. If we still had Downie, that might be another story.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Moving Hartnell instead of Lupul is sheer brilliance...

Softer and softer.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 02:37 PM
blah

Hartnell has a NTC. It's not even worth mentioning Hartnell in trade talks.

Old
11-24-2008, 02:46 PM
JSTAFF

All of this Lupul trade speculation makes me shudder personally. Look at his linemates. Our defense hasnt actually been bad the past few games.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:11 PM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stafuccijr View Post
All of this Lupul trade speculation makes me shudder personally. Look at his linemates. Our defense hasnt actually been bad the past few games.
I'm telling you . . . play Briere with Lups and Upshall. . . untill he is 100% healthy. He'll make both players better and that line will have all sorts of great match-ups working for it. What with having two other dominate offensive lines. We'd drive teams insane trying to place their top D and defensive forwards against us.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:22 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Moving Hartnell instead of Lupul is sheer brilliance...

Softer and softer.
exactly. If the Flyers trade Hartnell we are softer then a freakin pillow.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Breeze 44

I'd rather trade him to Vancouver for Bieska and Schneider ....of course we would have to give something other than Lupol butthat is what I would look into .

Breeze 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:33 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze 44 View Post
I'd rather trade him to Vancouver for Bieska and Schneider ....of course we would have to give something other than Lupol butthat is what I would look into .
lupul and jones for bieksa and schneider?

if we go the Atl route, maybe valabik? we could use a big body on D with hatcher out.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:41 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
Trust me, I'd rather move Hartnell, but I don't see it happening. If we still had Downie, that might be another story.
Downie got suspended in the minors.

We don't need Downie and the negative attention he brings to the organization.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:43 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
I'm telling you . . . play Briere with Lups and Upshall. . .
I think that's a great idea.

Gagne-Richards-Knuble
Hartnell-Carter-Nodl
Upshall-Briere-Lupul

I'm all about the balanced scoring attack...and that is some beautiful balance. I hadn't really given much thought to line formations once Briere comes back considering that they've been changed around since he last played....but now that I am thinking about it, I'd say there's probably a good chance that we will see those lines. It's only a matter of Briere taking Metro's spot, bumping him to the 4th...and given the recent success of both the Richards and Carter lines, hopefully Stevens won't wanna mess with them and will just go ahead and stick Danny with Lups and Upshall.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:46 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post

Gagne-Richards-Knuble
Hartnell-Carter-Nodl
Upshall-Briere-Lupul

I'm all about the balanced scoring attack...and that is some beautiful balance. I hadn't really given much thought to line formations once Briere comes back considering that they've been changed around since he last played....but now that I am thinking about it, I'd say there's probably a good chance that we will see those lines. It's only a matter of Briere taking Metro's spot, bumping him to the 4th...and given the recent success of both the Richards and Carter lines, hopefully Stevens won't wanna mess with them and will just go ahead and stick Danny with Lups and Upshall.
give it a shot, but im pessimistic about that line. i could see them be a defensive black hole. would love to see metro dropped to 4th line though.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:47 PM
ArchAngel55

Send a message via AIM to ArchAngel55
I would take a 1st for him. This is a VERY deep draft this year. We also get his #'s off the books this year and he isn't worth the $4.25 million per over the next 4 years after this one. We could then also add Shanny and give us some cap breathing room. I'd LOVE to get Johnson but that would never happen since we never get stud defensemen.

ArchAngel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Breeze 44

Breire and Lupul can't be on the same line ...they both lack defensive......how should I say it ....skills.....prowless, .yeah, let's go with that. To put it another way their defense is offensive I still like my trade with the nucks.

Breeze 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:49 PM
ArchAngel55

Send a message via AIM to ArchAngel55
Quote:

Gagne-Richards-Knuble
Hartnell-Carter-Nodl
Upshall-Briere-Lupul

The Briere line will be too small of a line. Who'd get in front of the net?

ArchAngel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:50 PM
BringBackStevens

Leave the lines the same, put Briere on the 4th, and give him 90% of our power play time.

I'm being somewhat sarcastic

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:53 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngel55 View Post
The Briere line will be too small of a line. Who'd get in front of the net?
Lupul isn't exactly a small dude. If you watched the recent NHLtv thing with Hartnell, you'd know Lupul actually leads the team in body fat.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:54 PM
IrishSniper87

Upshall-Briere-Lupul is a defensive black hole that will be lucky to have score goals then it will have scored against it.

It's the complete opposite of a typical 3rd line, a checking line.

Quote:

Gagne-Richards-Knuble
Hartnell-Carter-Nodl
Upshall-Briere-Lupul

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote