HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What if Bouwmeester cost...

Old
11-24-2008, 03:41 PM
mariolemieux66

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
But, can we really have 5,5M+5,75M+4M+6M locked for our top 4??I mean that's a lot of cash. And I'm being optimistic with the numbers here.
Add O'Byrne and Gorges and our defense cost 24 000 000$

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
Add O'Byrne and Gorges and our defense cost 24 000 000$
That's a lot for 6 players. And you need a #7 D-man too.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABIMUS-MAXIMUS View Post
Shake your head if you want, but what I'm saying is, if your going to be an intimidating player and base your game on ferocious hits and physical play, you will eventually have to stand toe to toe with the other teams equal. Since he does not contribute offensively, to demand 6 mil$ he better be more of a player than Volchenkov.

I don't think Komi is scared of anyone and he hasn't been in the past. Why would he have to fight anybody if he doesn't want to? He's the one that went after Lucic because the team was losing and looked terrible. If anything he needs to let go of Lucic and concentrate on Savard, Kessel, Bergeron etc as they are the ones beating us.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:52 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
He's playing for Florida, what did you expect? He still got 40 pts last year or two years ago, too lazy to check.
Still doesn't make him a great player, Kubina and Kaberle had more points with Toronto. Visnovsky had more with LA. Zidlicki had more with Nashville. Enstrom had more for Atlanta.

I can't see trading Plekanec plus 2 good prospects for this guy. The only way I'd do it is if he had a decent contract and we had a contract signed with Sundin.

Old
11-24-2008, 04:02 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
That's a lot for 6 players. And you need a #7 D-man too.
Right. but that gives us a awesome defense.

we might not need Kovalev, Lang next year and Begin, Dandenault, Bouillon, Brisebois and kostopoulos are all gone. A total of 16 000 000$ that can be use for guys like D'Agostini, Chipchura, Stewart, to sign Plekanec, Higgins, Komi, Koivu, Tanguay and Latendresse.

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Kovalevs a big piece of this team, I wouldnt be so quick to get rid of him.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 04:06 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Id do plekanec halak and Obyrne for JBo. Would suck if he didnt sign with us though. Make room at forward for Chipchura, D'Agonstini or the like

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 04:17 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Still doesn't make him a great player, Kubina and Kaberle had more points with Toronto. Visnovsky had more with LA. Zidlicki had more with Nashville. Enstrom had more for Atlanta.

I can't see trading Plekanec plus 2 good prospects for this guy. The only way I'd do it is if he had a decent contract and we had a contract signed with Sundin.
Me neither, but he brings way more to the table than any of the guys you named, so numbers are pretty much irrelavant. Few more points, but more solid in his own end, and can eat up big minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
Right. but that gives us a awesome defense.

we might not need Kovalev, Lang next year and Begin, Dandenault, Bouillon, Brisebois and kostopoulos are all gone. A total of 16 000 000$ that can be use for guys like D'Agostini, Chipchura, Stewart, to sign Plekanec, Higgins, Komi, Koivu, Tanguay and Latendresse.
You got to think long-term. Price will probably get 4-5M at the very least in his second pro contract. Sergei will get a raise too, this will be very hard to fit all of them under the cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn3 View Post
Id do plekanec halak and Obyrne for JBo. Would suck if he didnt sign with us though. Make room at forward for Chipchura, D'Agonstini or the like
That would leave us with huge holes up front and in the net. No thanks.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
Kovalevs a big piece of this team, I wouldnt be so quick to get rid of him.
I agree. People are too quick to blame him for the team's underperformance while others get a free pass. I think if we can get him at a reasonable price for 2-3 years, keep him.

Old
11-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Me neither, but he brings way more to the table than any of the guys you named, so numbers are pretty much irrelavant. Few more points, but more solid in his own end, and can eat up big minutes.

You got to think long-term. Price will probably get 4-5M at the very least in his second pro contract. Sergei will get a raise too, this will be very hard to fit all of them under the cap.

That would leave us with huge holes up front and in the net. No thanks.
JB is good at both ends...not great at either aspect. He has great physical tools but I don't think he is super dedicated or thinks the game very well(doesn't read the play like Markov).

I think if you offered Plekanec straight up Florida would jump...but I`m not sure that really helps us. Kovy will never have the year he had last year with Lang.