HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

D'Agostini 11 goals!!

Old
11-24-2008, 03:01 PM
la25ecoupe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I think it had something to do with Ryder's play at the time. The date was December 13th against the Flyers.
What was his (SK74) line?

I guess we should see somebody called up this december.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:14 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Seriously? Take away Dagostini's momentum by calling him up to play with a struggling team? The solution's withing the team, it's not some rookie with zero NHL experience that's going to turn this team around. Let him develop, give him at least 40 games before trying him in the NHL.
He has played over 170 AHL games.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
What was his (SK74) line?

I guess we should see somebody called up this december.
Don't quote me, but I think he first played with Koivu/Higgins. I'm sure someone will come around and correct me if I'm wrong.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:24 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Statistic wise in the AHL, D'Agostini in his first 3 seasons,has the same point production as Higgins ,Plekanec and A Kostitsyn.Players who got called up and given a chance and players who are a big part of Montreal's offence.
I think having D'Agostini playing a few games here would be a bad thing for the team and d'Agostini could have a bigger impact for this team than Begin or Dandenault

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:59 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
Statistic wise in the AHL, D'Agostini in his first 3 seasons,has the same point production as Higgins ,Plekanec and A Kostitsyn.Players who got called up and given a chance and players who are a big part of Montreal's offence.
I think having D'Agostini playing a few games here would be a bad thing for the team and d'Agostini could have a bigger impact for this team than Begin or Dandenault
You cant replace begin or dandenault with D'ags. Those guys are 4th liners with specific roles that are in contrast to D'ags assets.

Right now, if the habs lose a top 3 line player on the wing, he is my first call up. Granted, the roster size is against him too. This is just bad timing and bad luck on D'ags part to break out. There isn't any room. He would have made quite a few nhl teams right out of the pre-season with the way he played.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 04:00 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I think he deserves a shot, it should come at some point this year. In the meantime, I don't think he'll suddenly lose his skills.

I think we have bigger issues right now that calling up D'angostini. The players that are here need to get going, especially Plekanec A.Kost(playing better lately) Tanguay(no longer shooting the puck) S.Kost.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 04:06 PM
mariolemieux66

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66

You cant replace begin or dandenault with D'ags. Those guys are 4th liners with specific roles that are in contrast to D'ags assets.

Right now, if the habs lose a top 3 line player on the wing, he is my first call up. Granted, the roster size is against him too. This is just bad timing and bad luck on D'ags part to break out. There isn't any room. He would have made quite a few nhl teams right out of the pre-season with the way he played

Quote:

I think he deserves a shot, it should come at some point this year. In the meantime, I don't think he'll suddenly lose his skills.

I think we have bigger issues right now that calling up D'angostini. The players that are here need to get going, especially Plekanec A.Kost(playing better lately) Tanguay(no longer shooting the puck) S.Kost.

Just make place for him.we all agreed we need a top 4 d-men.

Old
11-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Quote:

Right now, if the habs lose a top 3 line player on the wing, he is my first call up. Granted, the roster size is against him too. This is just bad timing and bad luck on D'ags part to break out. There isn't any room. He would have made quite a few nhl teams right out of the pre-season with the way he played

Quote:

Just make place for him.we all agreed we need a top 4 d-men.
Just because you need a top 4 d-man doesn't mean you make the 1st deal that possibly comes around.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 04:24 PM
mariolemieux66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Just because you need a top 4 d-man doesn't mean you make the 1st deal that possibly comes around.
Yes, but i never said that.

Old
11-24-2008, 04:49 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post

Right now, if the habs lose a top 3 line player on the wing, he is my first call up. Granted, the roster size is against him too. This is just bad timing and bad luck on D'ags part to break out. There isn't any room. He would have made quite a few nhl teams right out of the pre-season with the way he played.
Maybe not but you can replace them with Kosto, and you can replace Kosto with D'Ags. I think Lats' injury could be a chance to call up Matty and let him show what he can do. (I'm glad I don't cheer for an AHL team...)

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

I'm actually a bit surprised that the injury to Latendresse didn't make the phone ring in Hamilton. The team really is duty-bound to give these 4th line bench guys like Lapierre & vets like Dandenault every chance before getting rid of them.

It's fine for right now but those pluggers need to contribute if they're going to take up room.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 10:18 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post
I'm actually a bit surprised that the injury to Latendresse didn't make the phone ring in Hamilton. The team really is duty-bound to give these 4th line bench guys like Lapierre & vets like Dandenault every chance before getting rid of them.

It's fine for right now but those pluggers need to contribute if they're going to take up room.
I don't see why they would call someone up due to Lats injury, it's not a smart move cap wise, since we have only one injury and have extra bodies. Granted it would be a nice move to say Chipchura or D'Agostini who have been ripping it up but unless they are just coming up for a day it's not cost effective

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I don't see why they would call someone up due to Lats injury, it's not a smart move cap wise, since we have only one injury and have extra bodies. Granted it would be a nice move to say Chipchura or D'Agostini who have been ripping it up but unless they are just coming up for a day it's not cost effective
Oops... I posted that before knowing the extent of the injury. Agreed, a one-game callup is only wise if there's no one else left to play.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote