HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT - O'Byrne loses it for Habs

Old
11-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Tusk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROEN View Post
wow @ what Morisette just said
I was watching it but speak terrible french, I thought he was having a roid attack. What did he say?

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mrCoffea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Personally I would trade Kovalev for an used jockstrap but I doubt any GM would be willing to overpay for Kovalev..
you should trade him for some grammar lessons and a pair of glasses

maybe if you're lucky someone will throw in contact lenses instead

mrCoffea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
yvan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Watch O'Byrne get waived and picked up or traded and then turn into Ron Hainsey or Francis Beauchemin part 2. Only then will he be effective. Typical Habs luck. It's a tough place to play, but when you **** up, you won't get mercy. It used to be what bred cup winners, now it makes players shy away. I don't think you give up on the guy yet. He obviously needs some AHL seasoning but to want him gone forever, well that's not smart. Gainey will stick with him until it's apparent we have other d-men more worthy and more ready. If O'Byrne can't lift himself out of the funk, he'll be the odd man out. But Gainey's not going to just cut him loose.
At least in the Ahl , he would hit anything that moves! Here , he is not even confident enough to hit someone!

yvan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
The team didn't help O'Byrne out at all though. When a player on your team makes a mistake like that and you have a PP right after, you gotta show conviction and heart to repair the damage. They left O'Byrne out to dry with the sorry performance in the OT/Shootout and that powerplay in the dying moments of the third.
Word up.

Why isn't NewHabsArea on everyone's ignore list by now. Honestly.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
muzion

I thought O'Byrne was playing a great game up until... But hey, I'm not even mad about it.

How many chances we missed tonight?!?!? It should have been a blowout.

Plekanec kills me. Was a first line centre last year, is the second one this year, yet takes bad shots from everywhere just as a 4th liner (Begin) would do.

My guess is next year we re-sign Tanguay, he'll have a slow start to the season and everybody will turn on him, and for good reason. The man doesn't want to shoot the puck, even while in a prime scoring area . And the crazy thing is he's supposed to be a great passer yet all year he's putting the puck between people's skates.

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I have played hockey for 20+ years and have seen players score on there own net, it happens and it happened to Steve Smith who still went on to win a Cup and have a great career...it happens and if this is your first time seeing it maybe you and your house league buddies need to watch more games or quit playing against the girls.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 09:33 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
THIS IS THE NHL!!!!! PEOPLE GET PAID MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO PLAY IN IT, O'BYRNE GETS PAID MORE MONEY TO A FUGGIN GAME THAN MOST PEOPLE MAKE IN A FEW YEARS OF REGULAR ARDUOUS WORK!!!! MORE IMPORTANTLY, THE FANS CHEER THEIR ***** OFF FOR THE HABS AT THE BELL CENTER, AND EVERYWHERE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER. IF YOU CAN'T CUT IT THEN GTFO!!!!! (not you I mean the man in question)

Fans aren't there to hold the players' hand....sheesh...its like you guys are defending a 4 year old who made the same mistake in peewee.
Can I get the address of where you work? I'd love to spectate, boo and criticize you everytime you make a mistake. How would you like that? Huh?

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 09:34 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
4-3-1 in their last 8 before playing us with 2 of those wins against the even more pathetic Senators. Pretty close to 6 straight wins, though.
My mistake: the Islanders have 1 loss in their last 6 games. But yeah the way you spin it is convenient.

Keep talking down other franchises and pretending like we're supposed world beaters if it makes you feel better.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Word up.

Why isn't NewHabsArea on everyone's ignore list by now. Honestly.
He makes me laugh so i don't put him on my ignore list. I just see how he can trump his last idiotic statement or thread.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Dammit if only it was Lang instead of O'Byrne. He'd have missed and we'd be celebrating a win.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 09:35 PM
andreconstantin

Send a message via Skype™ to andreconstantin
Doesn't take....

a master degree in accounting to know that the problem is scoring. A goal made by our own player sure didn't help but we ALWAYS have to expect the worse and not count on a 1 goal lead against a team that has a bad record like the Islanders. We did shoot a lot tonight but our goals were made by Lapierre, Begin, Gorges. There is the problem.

andreconstantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 09:35 PM
suprez

Well Well Well . It's suck to lose like this but anyway . It's only 1 match.

suprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
Ok I know O'Byrne's play was absolutely stupid but...

When you go 1 for 7 on the PP against a bunch of AHL scrubs with an AHL goalie do you really deserve to win?

When your top 3 lines can't even score 1 goal against the New York Islanders do you think they really deserve to win the game?
Habs deserves the win. If we have won, some people will stop bashing on Kovalev who had a good game with his line, they just didnt finish but no, since its a loss, Kovalev will still be a piece of **** and is still trying to bring the team down.

And stop blaming the PP or whatever. Habs scored more goals than the Islanders, Habs played good enough to win.

You cannnot blame the Habs for anything tonight, even the PP, Habs generates a lots of scoring chances and played a good game enough to win.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 09:37 PM
TCIH

Quote:
Can I get the address of where you work? I'd love to spectate, boo and criticize you everytime you make a mistake. How would you like that? Huh?
Honestly, if you're going to give him $700,000 a year, he'd be stupid not to take that deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Dammit if only it was Lang instead of O'Byrne. He'd have missed and we'd be celebrating a win.
Made me grin.

TCIH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post

It's better to laugh than to cry.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
The team didn't help O'Byrne out at all though. When a player on your team makes a mistake like that and you have a PP right after, you gotta show conviction and heart to repair the damage. They left O'Byrne out to dry with the sorry performance in the OT/Shootout and that powerplay in the dying moments of the third.
Would agree with you. Except that this hockey team doesn't have the state of mind to do that now. They especially didn't need to have a mistake that happens once in a blue moon.....Can't wait to see how they respond in Detroit.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Ross MacLochness

Kovalev was skating tonight but this year he is showing why he hasn't been much better than a 20 goal scorer since he left Pittsburgh.

04: 14g in 78 games
06: 23 in 69
07: 18 in 73
08: 35 in 82
09: 5 in 20

It's looking more and more like last year was an aberration. I'd like nothing better than for last years magic to return, but I don't know if it's gonna happen.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Habs deserves the win. If we have won, some people will stop bashing on Kovalev who had a good game with his line, they just didnt finish but no, since its a loss, Kovalev will still be a piece of **** and is still trying to bring the team down.

And stop blaming the PP or whatever. Habs scored more goals than the Islanders, Habs played good enough to win.

You cannnot blame the Habs for anything tonight, even the PP, Habs generates a lots of scoring chances and played a good game enough to win.
If I'm O'Byrne, I'm not upset I ****ed up and put it in my own net. I'm upset that my brothers on the team let me down. That they came in and played lacksidaisical on a powerplay in the last minutes of the third and the opening of the OT. They did nothing to bail me out and I'd be feeling betrayed at what they showed after that.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Tusk

Quote:
One of my favorite rebuttals. You're last two questions make it more annoying then it usually is. Good gawd. And I'm an O'B supporter.

He probably doesn't work at a place that charges you 100bux to come watch him work.

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
My mistake: the Islanders have 1 loss in their last 6 games. But yeah the way you spin it is convenient.

Keep talking down other franchises and pretending like we're supposed world beaters if it makes you feel better.
Or our team is supposed to be one of the top contenders in the East, we're playing a rebuilding team that is missing their franchise player in Dipietro and 3 or 4 of their best players and we were only up by 1 goal with 5 minutes left? It doesn't matter how they have been playing lately, a team with our talent has no reason, no reason at all to let them have a chance to be in the game that late.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Stradale

Habs scored more goals tonight but still lost.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 09:39 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

**** happens. On to the next game.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 09:40 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprez View Post
Well Well Well . It's suck to lose like this but anyway . It's only 1 match.
Only one indeed. Only one of many horrible defeats to take. The team wasn't bad tonight like they've been before, but this incident is just piling on to the recent misfortunes of the Habs. If they take a win out of any of the next two I'll be surprised and pleased. We play worse on the road, that's the awful part. We've barely played at home but we have gone 0-1-2 there since the shutout of the Sens. Overall, this is another kick in the gut because one individual gets blamed. But to me, it was another team effort of not closing the deal. Incredible, 4 of the last 5 have gone to the SO now.

Hab-a-maniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Maximus Taylor

Quote:
yes. it's the exact same thing.

Maximus Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ROEN
HabsHQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
I was watching it but speak terrible french, I thought he was having a roid attack. What did he say?
Said he remember seeing Malakhov and Brisebois cry when they were beeing booed ...

ROEN is offline   Reply With Quote