HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Swedish newspaper NHL-blog (Rangers-blog).

Old
11-18-2008, 07:09 AM
Khelvan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Wait, so Valiquette speaks Swedish? Fluently?

He also speaks fluent Russian, yes? Sounds like an interesting guy...

Khelvan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 07:20 AM
Jyrgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
Wait, so Valiquette speaks Swedish? Fluently?

He also speaks fluent Russian, yes? Sounds like an interesting guy...
No, he is learning some phrases from Lundy. But he wants to use them when speaking to Bjurman and asks about how to say things in swedish.

Jyrgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 05:48 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

I have been reading Per on a daily basis now with the help of google translation. It does an ok job of translating so I get the idea. I am confused though: Who is Varpu and who is The Queen?

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 06:15 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Valley is the Queen aparantly. Funny ****.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 06:28 PM
hdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
I am confused though: Who is Varpu and who is The Queen?
Varpu is a Finnish journalist who often covers the same games.

And as stated, "the queen" is Vally, much to is own annoyance.

He's been trying to get himself renamed at several occasions

hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
I have been reading Per on a daily basis now with the help of google translation. It does an ok job of translating so I get the idea. I am confused though: Who is Varpu and who is The Queen?
That's probably the smartest thing, because this damn man writes a 500 page book after every game. This one against Ottawa was insane, it takes 20 minutes just reading it all. This was my favourite though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Bjurman
Laraque and his teammates have left the hotel - and been replaced by the New York Rangers instead.
Henke sounds rather worried when I during a phone call in a totally different matter tell him we share the same Ottawa adress for the night.
- Ah I see, he says with a tone that implies I'll keep the entire hotel awake until dawn with what the local newspapers use to call a booze party.
And now when I think about it...
And when Rangers faced the Canucks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Bjurman
It was the case that Henke replaced himself, right? When he did that during the first season he got hell for it, that's not what goalies do in this league. But now he apparently didn't give a crap about that and I understand him. He periodically got as much "help" from his defensemen as Tintin is used to get from Thomson and Thompson.
Good stuff.

Last edited by Chimp: 11-22-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 09:15 PM
hdw

I loved this wonderful pic taken by Bjurman's photo sidekick Pontus Höök.

Doesn't it look like Renney is asking for advice or explanation from some higher power?

"Dear God, why do they have to play this crappy?"

Old
11-23-2008, 05:23 AM
Chimp

Yeah, those were great, but I actually laughed more at:

It was exactly this cold today...

Popeye Näslund

Old
11-23-2008, 05:34 AM
NYRSinceBirth

This guy is hysterical. Thank you Swedes, you are slowly becoming my favorite country outside my own and my ancestry (Which is only 2 others, so you're fourth , not bad for having no connection to your country). I'm ashamed I couldn't get out there while in the UK this semester.

Quote of the day: "I'm jealous of myself"

Last edited by NYRSinceBirth: 11-23-2008 at 05:45 AM.
NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 07:57 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

For you non-Swede readers, here is the google translate link that translates the blog from Swedish to English. The translation is not perfect, but sometimes it makes it funnier

Old
11-23-2008, 08:57 AM
Thefalkon

Haha, this guy is awesome. Thanks for the translations .

Thefalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Snauen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSinceBirth View Post
Thank you Swedes, you are slowly becoming my favorite country outside my own
Thank u too. You went to become my favourite country no.2 after Sweden when you democraticaly elected someone named Barak Hussein Obama for president while beeing the No1 and most hated country in the muslim world. That is cool. And it shows which is the real 'land of the free'. Like I said, very cool to see.

Snauen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 01:22 PM
Chimp

A couple more highlights:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Bjurman, at the hotel in Ottawa
It's a little bit sweaty when I am about to get into the car outside the hotel lobby. Practially the entire Rangers team is apparently sitting in the bus next to me and watches, and I'm confident I will screw up in some way. Luckily, the cars have auto gear here, so I at least didn't have a motor stop (old timer halt) - and accomplishes to get out without driving into the flower beds as well.

1-0 to the blog.
Quote:
Wade Redden makes his first visit in Scotiabank - his old home arena during 70 seasons, or whatever it was - since his move to New York. He believes he in a heart warming welcome from the fans, he says in Ottawa Sun.
- I've done alot of good in this city, he implies.
On the other hand, should old Wade get booed out he's used to it from his new home ice...
That's cold Per, very cold.

Quote:
Booze party is to exaggerate, but I was anyway in the hotel bar and let myself be humiliated by the bullies from Rangers PR department yesterday evening.

The most peculiar sight there was Perry Pearn. He - who is responsible for the blue shirts powerplay - really has reasons to celebrate...
Quote:
It was a couple of MSG journalists who got decently loaded in that bar yesterday. So now you know why the Rangers players lash back when the reporters are breathing on them during the intermissions.
The translation with google is rough and sometimes words don't get through, but the main message is mostly readable.

Last edited by Chimp: 11-23-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old
11-23-2008, 01:42 PM
hdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
The translation with google is rough and sometimes words don't get through, but the main message is mostly readable.
It's worse than normal since he's writing whatever he wants and the language is somewhat "freestyle" ...

But it's well worth the effort

Old
11-24-2008, 01:15 AM
mikjo344

I loved the part about him avoiding to drive in to the flower beds while he thought the whole team might watch him from the bus!

And this was funny too

Quote:
The Rangers players most eager to get out into the bus are the Queen, Colton and Blair Betts. They are standing waiting in the lobby for five minutes before the bus driver sees it fit to pull up in front of the hotel.

Some young and giggly female autograph hunters are waiting in front of the hotel. Aah, of course, that's why Colton was so eager to get out from the hotel.

mikjo344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 06:00 AM
GarretJoseph*

funny as hell. thanks guys.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 10:09 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

More excellent quotes from Per's blog:

Quote:
Colton Orr announces in a publicity break that he was his favorite band is Mötley Crüe.
So it is "Girls girls girls" he sits and charges before he goes out and beats people to shut up?
Sensational information.

Old
11-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Chimp

I also laughed at his thoughts when he smelled cannabis smoke from the stands and wondered who the hell is going to a hockey game to smoke pot? Then he started having theories that the smoke might be emanating from the locker room, explaining the Rangers' slow starts.

He was also kind of taunted by his readers because he could recognize the smell of pot smoke.

Old
11-25-2008, 05:32 PM
All Hail King Henrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
I also laughed at his thoughts when he smelled cannabis smoke from the stands and wondered who the hell is going to a hockey game to smoke pot? Then he started having theories that the smoke might be emanating from the locker room, explaining the Rangers' slow starts.

He was also kind of taunted by his readers because he could recognize the smell of pot smoke.
Was this at MSG?

All Hail King Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 08:02 PM
AK2794

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Hail King Henrik View Post
Was this at MSG?
Def. wouldn't be the first time haha

AK2794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 08:33 AM
mikjo344

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Hail King Henrik View Post
Was this at MSG?
yup, against the Coyotes.

another quote worthy of mention:

Quote:
The Rangers are going on the power play and my colleague "Eken" yells out:
- Oh, this is gonna be great fun to watch.
The irony in his voice is fully covered. The blue shirts are barely entering the offensive zone for the entire two minutes.

Old
12-01-2008, 02:22 AM
Chimp

More great quotes from Bjurman after the loss against Florida last night. Bjurman had been up in Boston, but got up early as hell to get back to New York for a meaningless game against the Panthers. "Get a life", as people would say to such persons, but Bjurman defends himself with that he thinks hockey is so much fun.

Quote:
A guy looks suspiciously similar to Scott Gomez on the train down to "town". Maybe he also took the opportunity to go up and watch some entertaining hockey. It's not like he gets to see alot of that during the normal days.
Quote:
Floria is really a colourless and a team without content. The only organisation that can compete in the class "No-I-don't-know-if-I-really-have-the-endurance-to-go-watch-see-them-play is Carolina.

As the Oak, that wisely stayed at home to watch the fight on TV with a big pot of coffee, writes in a sms: "I wouldn't even watch Carolina if they played in my own apartment."
Quote:
Imagine: It's 0-0 after the 1st. It could have been figured out by my ass, that this would be a real party and cheer event. I could've been walking in Boston harbour instead...

[...] The problem is the Rangers aren't exactly equipped with Boston's effectiveness. On those chances the blueshirts had today, yesterdays Bruins would've been up in double digits.

There are some in the curve who tries a half-effortless "Let's go, Rangers", but otherwise it's very much sunday-one-a-clock-atmosphere in here."

On the other hand, 12 year old Noah Chenfeld doesn't exactly make success as a stand-in for the organ player up in the roof. He plays on for so long that they almost have to pull the cord up there.
Quote:
Anybody want to switch job with me and Nyström today? It's us who have to step into the Rangers locker room and try to talk with the now pulled Henke after the next period. Yeah right.

Did you see the look when he smashed his stick to pieces at the bench? It would be more pleasant to walk forward to Robert Mugabe and ask for a commentary about his views on democracy.

[...]Maybe Nyström should ask some questions to Henke how he considers playing the World Championships in Switzerland this spring? It was a real success last time, hi hi.

[...]I know Lundqvist himself thinks he should've even taken the pucks his teammates kindly gives away to the opponents, but damn - as incredibly lousy as the Rangers defensmen plays it wouldn't have helped if Renney would've walked out and nailed the entire net shut with a plywood board.

[...]I think Wade Redden has misunderstood that thing with kid's day. It doesn't imply you should play like a peewee player again.

[...]Yes, Henke is still just as upset as professor Calculus in his first meeting with Laszlo Carreidas in "Plane 714 to Sydney" when we arrive to the silent locker room.

But it doesn't stop him, really, to squeeze out some perhaps short, but very good quotes.
- If you think I would sit on the bench and be satisfied and smile when I get pulled you don't know me, one says.
- It doesn't matter [that I didn't get any help from my defensemen). I want those pucks and I want to play and I want to win. Now I'm really disappointed, says another.

And when MSG Fischler has some rant about that the home team always plays bad in the first game after thanksgiving (Say what? What kind of clown stats are that?) Lundqvist replies hard:
- I'm Swedish and I don't celebrate thanksgiving. So I can't blame it on that either.
Quote:
Before we are herded out in the corridors beneath the stands I look away at the end where the Rangers backup goaltender [Henke] sits and yes... it looks just about as Carreidas did in the meeting with Calculus.

[...]Professor Calculus is, if anyone wonders, one of my biggest heroes ever.
And from the article in their newspaper, Näslund says...
-Yes, we let him down. It's very understandable he is disappointed.
- It was our worst game of the season, together with the one against Ottawa last weekend. It's very unfortunate it has to happen here on home ice.

Last edited by Chimp: 12-01-2008 at 02:36 AM.
Old
12-01-2008, 03:52 AM
mikjo344

jeeze, Hank is really hard on himself...

...and Bjurman knows it.

Quote:
Did you see the look when he smashed his stick to pieces at the bench? It would be more pleasant to walk forward to Robert Mugabe and ask for a commentary about his views on democracy.

Old
12-01-2008, 07:33 AM
OrbitalDynamics

vCash: 50
I like the Google translated version better, much more amusing.

OrbitalDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 03:59 AM
mikjo344

Bjurman is sick of the Christmas crowd in the streets:
Quote:
I don't mean to be upper class whiny in my little blog, but this time a year you need a temperament worhty of Obama to reach the Garden without punching a couple of Santa Clauses on the jaw.

There's such a mess of tourists, shoppers, salvation soldiers, chimes and friggin' Santas surrounding the blocks around Macy's. It's making Stockholm's most busy shopping street on a Sunday before Christmas seem like a deserted cathedral in comparison.
Bjurman on the PP:
Quote:
Of course, when Rangers screwed things up with 6 men on the ice just when they got a four minute power play, was tactics.
A team that always let in SHG's doesn't dare having such a long power play.
Some quotes of the Swedes on the team:
Quote:
What do the Swedish Blue Shirts do during a night flight to Montreal?

Fast Freddy Quadzills Shoestring:
- I like to read. I always do that when I fly. Right now I'm reading my second book on Djingis Kan.

King Henrik Hank Lundqvist
- I just sit and relax. I like to be really tired coming to the hotel so I avoid sleeping on the plane. Playing cards? Naah, we have a card gang, but I try to stay as far away from them as possible.

Markus Macke Nazzy Näslund:
- I can't sleep on a flight right after a game. I take a sleeping pill when we get to the hotel. Until then I'll read some book.