HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Star Game

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-25-2008, 09:37 AM
  #26
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
My list so far:

Rangers: I see only one player making it. Lundqvist
Flyers: Gagne, Timonen (Richards and Carter maybe, if they keep it up)
Pittsburgh: Malkin and of course Crosby (if he psomises not to whine to refs)
NJ: Parise
NI: No one

Boston: Chara, Savard, Thomas
Habs: Markov (Koivu maybe)
Sens: Heatley, Alfie
Leafs: Kaberle
Sabres: Vanek

Caps: Ovechkin, Semin (Greene maybe)
Tampa: LeCavalier (maybe, not impressed with him this season)
Flo: Vokoun
Canes: No one
Atlanta: S.Kozlov
Coach Sutter, Julien (spelling)
My version of your list:
Rangers: Lundqvist
Flyers: Gagne, Timonen (Richards and Carter maybe, if they keep it up)
Pittsburgh: Malkin, Crosby, Fluery
NJ: Parise
NI: Weight

Boston: Chara, Savard, Thomas
Habs: Markov, Koivu
Sens: Heatley, Alfie
Leafs: Kaberle
Sabres: Vanek, Miller

Caps: Ovechkin, Semin, Greene
Tampa: LeCavalier
Flo: No one
Canes: No one
Atlanta: Kovalchuk

Ovechkin-Crosby-Malkin
Alffredsson-Savard-Heatley
Gagne-LeCavalier-Semin
Kovalchuk-Richards-Vanek
Parise-Weight-Koivu

Chara-Greene
Gonchar-Markov
Kaberle-Timonen

Fluery
Lundqvist
Miller
Thomas

This is based on my personal opinion with fan voting taken into consideration, I added a few extras who can take over for injuries also.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 12:50 PM
  #27
Norm MacDonald
Registered User
 
Norm MacDonald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,276
vCash: 500
The problem is that since every team must be represented, there will players that deserve to be there left out.

I see Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, Kovalchuk, Lecavalier, Chara, Brodeur (if he gets healthy by then), Heatley and maybe Staal are locks due to their stardom.

Barring some huge slump, players like Vanek, Gagne, Savard, Semin, Parise, Lundqvist, Markov are safe bets.

Then you get into representing each team. If he comes back, Dipietro will represent the Isles, Kaberle for the Leafs, and probably Bouwmeester or Ballard for the Isles.

That brings the total to 10 forwards, 2 defenseman and 2 goalies, leaving 2 forward, 3 defense and 1 goalie spot open. For forwards, that's especially competitive. They have to two among: Alfredsson, Richards, Carter, St. Louis, Kovalev, Zherdev, Weight, Backstrom and others. Now when you factor in that Habs fans are stuffing the box to get undeserving players there, the likelihood of the Flyers getting both Carter and Richards to the ASG is pretty slim.

Then again, there will probably be several spots open because of injuries. We'll have to wait and see.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 01:18 PM
  #28
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 14,076
vCash: 955
Hmmm, I'll take a shot:

Devils: Parise (Brodeur)
Isles: Weight (Streit)
Rangers: Lundqvist (Girardi)
Flyers: Gagne (Richards, Carter)
Pens: Malkin, Crosby (Fleury)

Bruins: Thomas, Chara (Savard)
Sabres: Vanek (Miller)
Sens: Alfredsson (Kuba, Heatley)
Habs: Markov, Price (Koivu)
Leafs: Kaberle (Antropov)

Thrashers: Kovalchuk
Canes: Whitney
Panthers: None (Horton, Bouwmeester)
Lightning: Lecavalier
Caps: Ovechkin, Semin (Green)

Ovechkin - Crosby - Semin
Malkin - Lecavalier - Kovalchuk
Gagne - Parise - Alfredsson
Whitney - Weight - Vanek

Markov - Chara
Kaberle - (Green)
(Bouwmeester) - (Kuba)

Price
Thomas
Lundqvist

God, with that D, Timonen should be a lock. I just don't think he'll end up representing Philly this year. I also think the Habs will end up with at least three reps. Brodeur only gets in if voted by the fans; unlikely because I'm almost certain it'll be Price. Savard will get the shaft.... again.

Positions are a little out of whack. And the NHL's leading goal scorer is on the fourth line. Whatever.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 01:20 PM
  #29
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
God, with that D, Timonen should be a lock. I just don't think he'll end up representing Philly this year. I also think the Habs will end up with at least three reps. Brodeur only gets in if voted by the fans; unlikely because I'm almost certain it'll be Price. Savard will get the shaft.... again.

Positions are a little out of whack. And the NHL's leading goal scorer is on the fourth line. Whatever.
Brodeur won't even be healthy by the all-star game. I think he's out until March.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 01:25 PM
  #30
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 14,076
vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Brodeur won't even be healthy by the all-star game. I think he's out until March.
True enough. I only listed him because I thought the fans might vote him in. If he's not healthy, he'd have to bow out, of course.

I didn't have him in my line-up, though.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 01:41 PM
  #31
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Hmmm, I'll take a shot:

Devils: Parise (Brodeur)
Isles: Weight (Streit)
Rangers: Lundqvist (Girardi)
Flyers: Gagne (Richards, Carter)
Pens: Malkin, Crosby (Fleury)

Bruins: Thomas, Chara (Savard)
Sabres: Vanek (Miller)
Sens: Alfredsson (Kuba, Heatley)
Habs: Markov, Price (Koivu)
Leafs: Kaberle (Antropov)

Thrashers: Kovalchuk
Canes: Whitney
Panthers: None (Horton, Bouwmeester)
Lightning: Lecavalier
Caps: Ovechkin, Semin (Green)

Ovechkin - Crosby - Semin
Malkin - Lecavalier - Kovalchuk
Gagne - Parise - Alfredsson
Whitney - Weight - Vanek

Markov - Chara
Kaberle - (Green)
(Bouwmeester) - (Kuba)

Price
Thomas
Lundqvist

God, with that D, Timonen should be a lock. I just don't think he'll end up representing Philly this year. I also think the Habs will end up with at least three reps. Brodeur only gets in if voted by the fans; unlikely because I'm almost certain it'll be Price. Savard will get the shaft.... again.

Positions are a little out of whack. And the NHL's leading goal scorer is on the fourth line. Whatever.
Those in bold do not deserve it imo (because their stats are not there) or injured but AS game is about who is popular. I guess.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 01:52 PM
  #32
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 14,076
vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Those in bold do not deserve it imo (because their stats are not there) or injured but AS game is about who is popular. I guess.
I would agree on everyone except Weight (21 points in 21 games) and Whitney (17 in 22) who are the best offensive players this year on two offensively starved teams.

Lecavalier isn't putting up points like he did in the past, but he's still been dominant in the Lightning games I've seen this season.

I don't think Price deserves to be there, but I expect he'll be voted in. Kovalchuk will make the team.

The guys in brackets were players who I think could make the team if they have a really good stretch leading up to the all-star selections. Some are guys who started hot who I expect to cool down. Others started slow (or injured) and I expect to see them turn it around.


Last edited by CanadianFlyer88: 11-25-2008 at 02:06 PM.
CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 02:04 PM
  #33
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Weight has been awesome for the Isles, he gets in easy as their rep.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 02:08 PM
  #34
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
I would agree on everyone except Weight (21 points in 21 games) and Whitney (17 in 22) who the best offensive players this year on two offensively starved teams.
Lecavalier isn't putting up points like he did in the past, but he's still been dominant in the Lightning games I've seen this season.

I don't think Price deserves to be there, but I expect he'll be voted in. Kovalchuk will make the team.

The guys in brackets were players who I think could make the team if they have a really good stretch leading up to the all-star selections. Some are guys who started hot who I expect to cool down. Others started slow (or injured) and I expect to see them turn it around.
Yes, but is he better then more then PPG Richards or 15 goal scorer Carter? Being homer aside. Sure Weight deserves to be nominated, now that I think about it.

I was surprised to see Gomez in AS games last year. I mean wtf did he do? Signed a big contract? There were others who deserved more. I do not want to see this BS again. If you deserve it you go and if not you stay home but it is almost never the case. It is about how popular you are.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 02:15 PM
  #35
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 14,076
vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Yes, but is he better then more then PPG Richards or 15 goal scorer Carter? Being homer aside. Sure Weight deserves to be nominated, now that I think about it.
Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. I was trying to go on the basis that the NHL tries to represent each team..... and I expect the production of Richards and Carter to slow down a tad.

It's all a futile exercise anyway, just like predicting the end of season standings in September. Many things will change between now and the selection of the all-star rosters.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 02:39 PM
  #36
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. I was trying to go on the basis that the NHL tries to represent each team..... and I expect the production of Richards and Carter to slow down a tad.

It's all a futile exercise anyway, just like predicting the end of season standings in September. Many things will change between now and the selection of the all-star rosters.
You never know. Stevens can just put Briere is Richards and Gagne line back together now that Carter and Hartnell play better maybe move Nodl back to AHL. We have options. This team can score goals either way.

We'll see.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 02:51 PM
  #37
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 14,076
vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
You never know. Stevens can just put Briere is Richards and Gagne line back together now that Carter and Hartnell play better maybe move Nodl back to AHL. We have options. This team can score goals either way.

We'll see.
Again, and more importantly, I was mostly basing my selections on having at least one representative from each team.

The Richards/Carter pace issue was more of an after thought.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 03:01 PM
  #38
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Again, and more importantly, I was mostly basing my selections on having at least one representative from each team.

The Richards/Carter pace issue was more of an after thought.
Yeah.. After all, it's all about ratings so. You are right.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 03:06 PM
  #39
dawkins121
Registered User
 
dawkins121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,411
vCash: 500
I think Gagne makes it from the Flyers and maybe Richards or Carter. Don't think Timonen will.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 03:13 PM
  #40
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
I think Gagne makes it from the Flyers and maybe Richards or Carter. Don't think Timonen will.
The order in which Flyers players deserve to make it into the all-star game.

1. Simon Gagne - 27pts in 19 games
2. Kimmo Timonen - He is our best player. 10 pts as a D-man. Defensively solid. The stats might not look like it, but he is beast.
3. Mike Richards - 22pts in 20 games
4. Jeff Carter - tied for league lead in goals with 15

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 04:07 PM
  #41
BerubeBox*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,086
vCash: 500
Hard to believe Kimmo is 8th right now in East D voting, that's higher than I would've thought. I'd be really surprised if he makes it, unless he picks up his numbers.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 04:32 PM
  #42
puzzle
Registered User
 
puzzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Quebec city
Country: Canada
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
The order in which Flyers players deserve to make it into the all-star game.

1. Simon Gagne - 27pts in 19 games
2. Kimmo Timonen - He is our best player. 10 pts as a D-man. Defensively solid. The stats might not look like it, but he is beast.
3. Mike Richards - 22pts in 20 games
4. Jeff Carter - tied for league lead in goals with 15
As for now, I think that the order should be:

Gagne
Carter
Richards
Timonen

puzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 06:55 PM
  #43
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,238
vCash: 300
So we beat the Eastern Conference all star team on 11/15.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 08:20 PM
  #44
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 450
With the Habs taking 6 of 23 roster spots, that's 17 spots for 14 teams. Crosby and Malkin have to go, so do Oveckhin and Semin ... so there is very little shot there will be more than 1 Flyer.

I hope someone other than the Habs leads at the time the ASG coaches are determined, and then the coaches bench all the Habs players after the opening shift.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 12:15 AM
  #45
Miss Mess
Registered User
 
Miss Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 4,548
vCash: 500
I wouldn't be surprised if just Timonen made it, since there are now less forward spots for non-Habs.

Reading around the boards today, I am just blown away by how arrogant (some) Montreal and Boston fans are. It is actually funny!

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.