HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

U-17 Tournament

Old
11-19-2008, 11:02 AM
crthomp

vCash: 500
U-17 Tournament

Who are the big names (from all countries) that are expected to be at the U-17 tournament this dec/jan while the U20 WJHC is going on? I am pretty sure Taylor Hall will make the U20 but what about the other big prospects around his age?

Will guys like Bubnick, Kane and Ferraro be at this tourney, do they stand a chance at making the U20 or are they stuck somewhere in the middle and will just remain with their club teams? anyone who is 17 at the start of the U-17 is eligible correct? that is why I am including 91 borns in this discussion because they would all be 17.

What about Finns like Rajala, Pulkkinen, Haula and Granlund? the 91 borns Rajala and Haula would seem less likely to play at this tourney and more like to play at the U20, or in Haula's case stay with Shattuck, but I don't really have a gauge for what the Finns like to do with their younger prospects.

I've read the Kabanov discussion in the other thread and it will be interesting to see if he makes the U20 russian team.

I would expect John McFarland to be here and to rip it up.

What about guys like Cam Fowler, Brandom Gormley, Ben Duffy, Mark Pysyk, Quinton Howden, Ryan Spooner, Luke Moffat? Will they all be there?

Any other big name propsects I am missing? Let me know everyone you are excited about seeing at this tournament.

crthomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Ryan Van Horne
aka Scribe

Send a message via ICQ to Ryan Van Horne Send a message via Skype™ to Ryan Van Horne
Quote:
Originally Posted by crthomp View Post
Who are the big names (from all countries) that are expected to be at the U-17 tournament this dec/jan while the U20 WJHC is going on? I am pretty sure Taylor Hall will make the U20 but what about the other big prospects around his age?

Will guys like Bubnick, Kane and Ferraro be at this tourney, do they stand a chance at making the U20 or are they stuck somewhere in the middle and will just remain with their club teams? anyone who is 17 at the start of the U-17 is eligible correct? that is why I am including 91 borns in this discussion because they would all be 17.

What about Finns like Rajala, Pulkkinen, Haula and Granlund? the 91 borns Rajala and Haula would seem less likely to play at this tourney and more like to play at the U20, or in Haula's case stay with Shattuck, but I don't really have a gauge for what the Finns like to do with their younger prospects.

I've read the Kabanov discussion in the other thread and it will be interesting to see if he makes the U20 russian team.

What about guys like Cam Fowler, Brandom Gormley, Ben Duffy, Mark Pysyk, Quinton Howden, Ryan Spooner, Luke Moffat? Will they all be there?

Any other big name propsects I am missing? Let me know everyone you are excited about seeing at this tournament.
Bubnick, Kane and Ferraro are all too old for this tournament. You have to be 16 or younger on Dec. 31, 2008 to play in this tournament. Cam Fowler is too old, too. He played last year.

Gormley, Duffy Pysyk, Spooner, Moffat, Gudbranson, McFarland will all be there, I would think.

Here is the US team that will be there.

http://www.usahockey.com/USANTDP/def...2_02&ID=233690

Ryan Van Horne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:16 PM
drewid80

here are some of the bigger names from the OHL

D Erik Gudbranson (Kingston)
F John McFarland (Sudbury)
F Cody McNaughton (Guelph)
F Steven Shipley (Owen Sound)
F Ryan Spooner (Peterborough)
F Tyler Toffoli (Ottawa)

drewid80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 11:57 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:

obviously he(kabanov) not make a Russian team. mostly because of his young age and MG Nemtsinov

pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
obviously he(kabanov) not make a Russian team. mostly because of his young age and MG Nemtsinov
Yep.

Even guys like Malkin, Ovechkin, Bure, Fedorov, Kovalchuk, etc. never played on U-20 at Kabanov's age.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 01:20 AM
HabLover

Quote:

Here, I will make it real easy for you............you have to be a 1992 born or later, but you will not see many '93's......

HabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 01:36 AM
crthomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabLover View Post
Here, I will make it real easy for you............you have to be a 1992 born or later, but you will not see many '93's......
thanks for making it "real easy" for me...........

crthomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:00 AM
sbtatter

2 players from Bdn will be Depape and Stone, also look for Howden to make an impact, St.Croix from AAA will also be a factor.....

sbtatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Ryan Van Horne
aka Scribe

Send a message via ICQ to Ryan Van Horne Send a message via Skype™ to Ryan Van Horne
Just found this. Quebec's roster.

http://www.hockey.qc.ca/headline/det...y=1175&id=1642

Ryan Van Horne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 03:24 AM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

According to the Edmonton Journal, Mark Pysyk was named to Team Pacific.

This guy is a going to be a good defenseman in the future. Good skater and smart positionally. Hopefully he has a great tournament and his stock rises.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 11:49 AM
sbtatter

You heard it here first....

I predict Jaden Schwarz will light the tourney up for Mb/Sk....

Old
11-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Dallasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
According to the Edmonton Journal, Mark Pysyk was named to Team Pacific.

This guy is a going to be a good defenseman in the future. Good skater and smart positionally. Hopefully he has a great tournament and his stock rises.
I have watched a bunch of Oil Kings games thus far this season and Mark is head shoulders above any other d-man on his team at the age of 16. He still makes the odd mistake here and there but they are few and far between. Calm with the puck, makes the smart play, pinches at the right times and postionally sound are some of the way so to describe Mark's game so far this year.

I may be a little biased in what I say because my family and his family are close but he is going to be a great d-man. Happy he made the U-17 team as well.

Dallasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 09:41 PM
HabLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasman View Post
I have watched a bunch of Oil Kings games thus far this season and Mark is head shoulders above any other d-man on his team at the age of 16. He still makes the odd mistake here and there but they are few and far between. Calm with the puck, makes the smart play, pinches at the right times and postionally sound are some of the way so to describe Mark's game so far this year.

I may be a little biased in what I say because my family and his family are close but he is going to be a great d-man. Happy he made the U-17 team as well.
2008-09 TEAM PACIFIC

Simpson, Kent - Everett Silvertips (WHL)
Hamilton, Keith - Portland Winter Hawks (WHL)

Rutkowski, Troy - Portland Winter Hawks (WHL)
Pysyk, Mark - Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL)
Theriau, Alex - Lethbridge Hurricanes (WHL)
Chapman, Mitch - Salmon Arm Silverbacks (BCHL)
Petrovic, Alex - Red Deer Rebels (WHL)
Madaisky, Austin - Calgary Hitmen (WHL)
Cox, Connor - Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL)
Sundher, Kevin - Chilliwack Bruins (WHL)
Gal, Blake - Spokane Chiefs (WHL)
Reinhart, Max - Kootenay Ice (WHL)
Connolly, Brett - Prince George Cougars (WHL)
Nicholls, Josh - Saskatoon Blades (WHL)
Gallagher, Brendon - Vancouver Giants (WHL)
Feser, Justin - Tri City Americans (WHL)
MacMaster, Nathan - Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL)
Ross, Brad - Portland Winter Hawks (WHL)
Lund, Chance - Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL)
Ranford, Brendan - Kamloops Blazers (WHL)
Weal, Jordan - Regina Pats (WHL)
Harrison, Ryan - Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)

HabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 03:21 PM
nags

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
2 players from Bdn will be Depape and Stone, also look for Howden to make an impact, St.Croix from AAA will also be a factor.....
St. Croix is a 15 year old (1993). He will easily be the most important name in this group.

Watch for this kid to start making headlines in the very near future.

Took him just over a month to figure out AAA midget hockey with guys two years older than him and he is now the leading scorer in the league. Very impressive.

nags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Canucks5551

The tournament is in my town this year

It's the second year in a row I'll get to watch it because I was visiting my relatives in London last year when the tournament was on.

Canucks5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 03:54 PM
PensFan101
Forever Champions.

Watch out for Keevin Cutting (from Owen Sound like Shipley). He's been an extremely impressive underage defenseman who's stock continues to rise. Smooth skating, two-way guy with a lot of potential I think. Would be awesome to see him get his name out there with this tournament

PensFan101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 04:04 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

watch out for Yasin Cisse for team quebec, already 6-2 205 in the mold of kyle okposo of ny islanders!

he's playing at des moines (ushl) this year

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:20 AM
JorgeRocks!

jaden schwartz will get a chance to light it up. one of the coaches on team west has said he expects him to be there best player. didn't say the same about matt glowa

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 01:33 AM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeRocks! View Post
jaden schwartz will get a chance to light it up. one of the coaches on team west has said he expects him to be there best player. didn't say the same about matt glowa
I already picked him as my star for the tourney, you have to choose someone else....LOL!!!!

Old
11-29-2008, 01:43 AM

Guillaume Asselin will surely score a couple of goals for Team Quebec.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 03:09 AM
fullspeed

team pacific

watch for Jordan weal a great playmaker 34pts this year in the whl, also cant wait to see the little guy from the giants.

fullspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 03:43 AM
pouskin74*

potential russian roster for World Hockey Challenge 2009

1 - Boris Novichenkov
30 - Pavel Suchkov
17 - Aleksander Gogolev
22 - Artem Gareev
19 - Bulat Shavaleev
14 - Daniil Apalkov
7 - Sergey Ilminskiy
11 - Artur Amirov
3 - Ivan Gavrilenko
6 - Viktor Postnikov
24 - Ivan Telegin
15 - Pavel Kulikov
16 - Yuri Silnitskiy
27 - Emil Galimov
10 - Vladislav Kartaev
23 - Sergey Barbashev
18 - Evgeny Grigorenko
28 - Pavel Snurnitsyn
5 - Alexey Marchenko
29 - Ildar Isangulov
8 - Vladislav Namestnikov
21 - Zakhar Arzamastsev
for a russian speakers http://www.fhr.ru/page/Roster_U17_2008_09
unforgently no
Kabanov,Kuznechov,Berdichev , Galiev.

Old
12-15-2008, 03:51 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Any match on TV?

12-15-2008, 06:10 AM
Tormentor

Team Finland at U17 World Hockey Challenge: LINK

Mikael Granlund and Teemu Pulkkinen are in the roster, but at least Granlund has a chance of making Finland's U20 WJC's team, so it could be that he won't be participating.

Other interesting names are forwards Joonas Donskoi and Petteri Halinen, and 93born defender Santeri Arousva.

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 07:26 AM
pouskin74*

Russian U17 team is very strong even without Kirill Kabanov ( 6'3 178) and Evgeny Kuznetsov (6'0 174 ). anyway i would be very pleased to see both of them in team. same as Maxim Kitsin ( 6'2 198), Vitaly Zotov(6'2 168) and Roman Berdnikov (6'0 197 ). Russian U17 team beat USA (has same roster as they gonna have this time) just month ago without all those guys who did i named above.