HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We should look at ourselves

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-25-2008, 02:01 PM
  #26
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
i disagree with you . Higgins said highly what most of the players probably think .

How do you think that the players feel when the crowd boo one of their friend or ex-liner ? Don't you think that they understand that even if they give their max to that team , if one day they are traded or leave the team , that crowd will forget everything they gave and will just boo them too ? i was so disgusted when the crowd started to boo Streit yesterday . It have to stop at one point and i hope that the players will show their feelings about it .
At one point, players just have to grow a skin, though. They get paid big bucks and that (the booing) is a downside to the job. And it's nothing new. Geoffrion, Savard, Robinson, Lafleur, Dryden, among others, have all been booed in Montréal.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 02:03 PM
  #27
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
O'Byrne I get. I don't agree, you don't kick a dead horse. The man knows. But I get why.

But why boo Streit? That's surprising.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 02:03 PM
  #28
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
O'Byrne is not lazy or heartless. If Brisebois(and we know he's capable of it) made a cross-ice pass that would've been intercepted and the guy went on a breakaway to score on Price, how would that been any different?

What about the boneheaded Maxime Lapierre pass in the first period that gave an open net to an Isles player(but he missed). The only difference with O'Byrne's goal is that he shot it directly to the net. But the result is the same.

If we're really contenders anyway, why do we care about 1 point lost against the Isles? It's not even funny how fans in Montreal are completely clueless. Sure I swore right after it happened, but 1min later I got over it.

And there's another thing that bugged me yesterday. Ryder, Samsonov, Theodore, all ex-habs that deserves to be booed entirely but Mark Streit? He wanted to play here, and Gainey let him walk. Here's our #4 defenseman that we let walk when we could have signed him. It's our mistake, and on top of that, we boo him?

Don't get me wrong, be a fan of your team, but have some loyalty toward our players and those that wants to be part of our team but were rejected by the GM. Especially when the GM made a mistake like in Streit's case.

I cheered last year in the playoffs when someone poured beer over Richards. I didn't care when Weekes had a banana thrown at him. I don't care about players of opposing teams, and what happens to them. But have some respect for our players and our ex-players that deserves it(Zednik, Streit).

And i'm not the kind of fan that will sit down on his ass and clap once in a while. I've actually tried to start fight in the stand with Leafs fan once. I have a boiling attitude, but Jesus... some loyalty to our team!
amen ! i would even say that the only one that deserves to be booed in the former Habs is Samsonov because the way he was with the team . Ryder and Theodore had both a bad season ; so what ? is this a reason to boo them ? most of the players have a bad season at least once in their career .

As you said , Fans need to have some loyalty to our team!

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 02:04 PM
  #29
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
I shouted out,
Who killed the kennedys?
When after all
It was you and me

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 02:06 PM
  #30
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,485
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
booing your own team is retarded. i wish these people would stay home and not make the rest of us look like a.s.s.holes
and leave the tickets for the real fans!!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 02:07 PM
  #31
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I shouted out,
Who killed the kennedys?
When after all
It was you and me
Always overdoing it with the Dylan, eh? Don't worry, I would never boo you, McPhee, I have too much sympathy for you.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 02:13 PM
  #32
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
At one point, players just have to grow a skin, though. They get paid big bucks and that (the booing) is a downside to the job. And it's nothing new. Geoffrion, Savard, Robinson, Lafleur, Dryden, among others, have all been booed in Montréal.
i can understand that the crowd show their feeling when a player plays really bad or makes a major mistakes . But when a player is just booed because he's an ex-Hab ? that's ridiculous and that's play againts our own team .

When i see a former Habs playing againts us , i am always happy to see them , because they were member of the familly . What ? if Koivu leaves the team next season , the crowd is going to boo him suddendly ? And if the Habs decide to retire his number , one day , the same crowd is going to applaud him during 10 minutes during the ceremony ?

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 02:17 PM
  #33
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=100th;16499547]i can understand that the crowd show their feeling when a player plays really bad or makes a major mistakes . But when a player is just booed because he's an ex-Hab ? that's ridiculous and that's play againts our own team .

When i see a former Habs playing againts us , i am always happy to see them , because they were member of the familly . What ? if Koivu leaves the team next season , the crowd is going to boo him suddendly ? And if the Habs decide to retire his number , one day , the same crowd is going to applaud him during 10 minutes during the ceremony ?[/QUOTE]

Seems like you've got it figured out. C'est la vie. We can complain about it all we want, but that's the way it has always been, it is the way it is and that is the way it will always be. Ainsi soit-il. Amen.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 02:19 PM
  #34
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
i can understand that the crowd show their feeling when a player plays really bad or makes a major mistakes . But when a player is just booed because he's an ex-Hab ? that's ridiculous and that's play againts our own team .

When i see a former Habs playing againts us , i am always happy to see them , because they were member of the familly . What ? if Koivu leaves the team next season , the crowd is going to boo him suddendly ? And if the Habs decide to retire his number , one day , the same crowd is going to applaud him during 10 minutes during the ceremony ?
For awhile, moreso since the lockout, fans feel interactive at the games, imo, part of the show. Reactions to guys like Streit is probably meant to be funny, though it comes off as witless. I think it's part of them thinking, I buy a ticket and expect to squeeze every ounce of entertainment out of it.

If you went to a game 25 years ago, you enjoyed the game, maybe went out for a beeer and went home. Now you hear chanting on the street after an ordinary early season game. Some can call it passion, I disagree.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 03:02 PM
  #35
HockeyF3ind
Registered User
 
HockeyF3ind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmax View Post
You obviously have a lot of unresolve issue with the professionnal players... I personnally think that jeering is not constructive, your 4 points make sense in some way, I wouldn't waste energy for point 1 & 2, and when I go to the bell center, I'm not apathetic, and I'm passionate, but I beleive that we jeer too much, we do it so often, that it doesn't work in the favor of our team anymore...

Maybe it's time for me to say good bye to hfboards as it seems there is no respect for different opinion anymore on this board!!
Dawg, you're welcomed to your opinion....all I'm doing is expressing mine. I understand where you are coming from, but I feel that is more a product of oversensitivity than valid concern. And listen I love the Habs players, but I think that too many of posters on this boards oversimplify the complexity of a post game boo, when the outcome wasn't good.

Booing after a loss could be construed as booing the players for losing (which for some booers it no doubt is) OR it could be seen as fans expressing their discontent at the outcome of the game, and not simply directed at the losing players. The fact that a lot of you presume it to be always the former is an indication of your (IMO) lack of understanding of the fans.

In the case of O'byrne, and the taunting he endured, whether or not it was "mature" is IMO irrelevant, it was deserved. He didn't put his hands over his face after making that gaff because it was no biggie, he realized he had cost his team the lead in the last few mins of regulation. All the fans did was vocalize their realization of this too, now if they continue to dog him relentlessly for the rest of the season then i'll agree with you that there is a problem, but until then this "we should look at ourselves" garbage is nonsense.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 03:11 PM
  #36
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmax View Post
OK I agree, the teams is not playing very good lately, and I for one, is ranting more than enjoying the effort displayed on the ice, however, we (the fans) should look ourselves in the miror before acting like we are right now!

We have the loudest crowd in the NHL, yet, we aren't the #1 crowd in the players hearth, why? because instead of encouraging endlessly our team, we boo them when we aren't satisfy, I understand that it is very frustrating to pay 100$ to see player earning millions of $ having trouble to furnish an acceptable effort for 20 minutes. Nonetheless, I think the team would benifit if they would constantly ear encouragement from the crowd. Also, instead of boing opponent players (Cahra, Samsonov,..) we should encourage our guys, we shouldn't care about the opposing tema, we should concentrate on the player/team that we cherrish and love!

Could a crowd be considered as a leader, it think so by demonstrating a good example of tenacity and perseverence, perhaps some players could be inspire by that

Also, if someone you like fail or make a mistake, do you destroy him, or do you try to help him? We should look to ourselves and realize that we are not a good crowd and we are nnot supporting our team very well!!

my 2 cents

JHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 04:22 PM
  #37
HockeyF3ind
Registered User
 
HockeyF3ind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/Default....s=secStory_nhl

You guys should watch what Streit's reaction to him being booed was.....then maybe you'll realize the ridiculousness of your attacks on Habs fans. Its under the video footage with the heading "Won't Soon Forget"

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 04:41 PM
  #38
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Always overdoing it with the Dylan, eh? Don't worry, I would never boo you, McPhee, I have too much sympathy for you.
Stones instead of Bob, but Pleased to Meet You anyway

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 05:00 PM
  #39
Haddock
Registered User
 
Haddock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moulinsart
Posts: 2,133
vCash: 500
O'Byrne hasn't been playing well all year and scored in his own net. If anything I think the people showed some restraint by waiting for the final results. Boo a player once because he's really doing a bad job, shame on him. Keeping on doing it, shame on you. As long as it's only a one-time thing, let's not blow this out of proportion.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 05:06 PM
  #40
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmax View Post
OK I agree, the teams is not playing very good lately, and I for one, is ranting more than enjoying the effort displayed on the ice, however, we (the fans) should look ourselves in the miror before acting like we are right now!

We have the loudest crowd in the NHL, yet, we aren't the #1 crowd in the players hearth, why? because instead of encouraging endlessly our team, we boo them when we aren't satisfy, I understand that it is very frustrating to pay 100$ to see player earning millions of $ having trouble to furnish an acceptable effort for 20 minutes. Nonetheless, I think the team would benifit if they would constantly ear encouragement from the crowd. Also, instead of boing opponent players (Cahra, Samsonov,..) we should encourage our guys, we shouldn't care about the opposing tema, we should concentrate on the player/team that we cherrish and love!

Could a crowd be considered as a leader, it think so by demonstrating a good example of tenacity and perseverence, perhaps some players could be inspire by that

Also, if someone you like fail or make a mistake, do you destroy him, or do you try to help him? We should look to ourselves and realize that we are not a good crowd and we are nnot supporting our team very well!!

my 2 cents
Excellent post. Between the jeering/serenading of O'Byrne and the constant booing class-act Mark Streit received, it's no wonder players perform better in cities other than Montreal. Last night was disgraceful.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 05:24 PM
  #41
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Stones instead of Bob, but Pleased to Meet You anyway
Bill knows, he's just trying to drive me crazy, but the jokes on him, it's too late.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 05:27 PM
  #42
Prudentius
 
Prudentius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/Default....s=secStory_nhl

You guys should watch what Streit's reaction to him being booed was.....then maybe you'll realize the ridiculousness of your attacks on Habs fans. Its under the video footage with the heading "Won't Soon Forget"
I'm not worried about either O'Byrne or Streit, or if they're gonna shed tears. It just looks so bad to the rest of the player in the NHL, and then the same fan that taunted and booed O'Byrne and Streit will come and cry on July 1st why free agents have signed elsewhere. They'll then proceed to console each other by telling each other that Montreal is the best place to play with the bestest!!! history and that we don't need them. Clowns.

Prudentius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 05:31 PM
  #43
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
O'Byrne hasn't been playing well all year and scored in his own net. If anything I think the people showed some restraint by waiting for the final results. Boo a player once because he's really doing a bad job, shame on him. Keeping on doing it, shame on you. As long as it's only a one-time thing, let's not blow this out of proportion.
I'm sorry but I'm not going to give the benefit of the doubt to a fanbase that has booed the US national anthem, that booed Brisebois throughout the mid to late-90's just because it was the thing to do even though he was our best defenceman at the time, that boos former players who gave us great years, that boos Saku Koivu from time to time even though he'd be a national treasure in any other North American city, that even booed Jean "frickin" Beliveau at times in his career. No way they get the benefit of the doubt from me. I love the Habs, I love the tradition, I love the history, I love the Bell Centre, but I can't say I love the classless ignorant fans who would stab their best friend in the back.

Habs players were pissed about last night's reception given to O'Byrne. Make no mistake about it, they were pissed.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 06:52 PM
  #44
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/Default....s=secStory_nhl

You guys should watch what Streit's reaction to him being booed was.....then maybe you'll realize the ridiculousness of your attacks on Habs fans. Its under the video footage with the heading "Won't Soon Forget"
Don't be that naive ; Habs organisation gave him his first chance in the NHL . He wasn't going to tell the medias that the fans were a bunch of as# h##es to treat him the way they did . Streit is a very classy guy .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
I'm not worried about either O'Byrne or Streit, or if they're gonna shed tears. It just looks so bad to the rest of the player in the NHL, and then the same fan that taunted and booed O'Byrne and Streit will come and cry on July 1st why free agents have signed elsewhere. They'll then proceed to console each other by telling each other that Montreal is the best place to play with the bestest!!! history and that we don't need them. Clowns.
Bang on !

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 07:54 PM
  #45
RushDP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
I think some of you posters need an education on why habs fans cheer and jeer.

They are very passionate about their habs (probably because its the only really relevant sports franchise in the City/Province, unless you count the CFL, which I don't). As a result of their passion they attempt to get involved in the game ANYWAY they can. This includes cheering and jeering (which some of you lame brains call "booing").

Reasons why the habs might cheer/jeer a certain player.

1. Because he is talented and the fans know this so they jeer him when he touches the puck. This is not a sign of disrespect, on the contrary it most often an indication of talent, since the fans respect the player enough to think he's a threat and needs to be thrown off his game (like Crosby, Chara, or even Streit).

2. Because he has a history with the habs, and doesn't currently play for them. This can mean he is a former player (like Streit) and the crowd recognizes his absence, and when he comes back to Mtl, they let him know they know. This can also mean that the player was courted by the Habs but chose to play elsewhere (like Briere or Smyth). Once again the fans let him know they know.

3. Because the player is the goalie, and as a goalie has an instrumental importance in the outcome of the game and thus is a valid target to jeer, in hopes that will negatively affect his play.

4. Because a player makes a horrible mistake that costs the game and the fans who paid their hard earned money the chance to celebrate a victory of their beloved habs. (like O'Byrne)

I humbly suggest anyone who decides to lament about the conduct of Habs fans in the future because of their cheering or jeering should first recall these things I've listed here and make sure you aren't being a complete whiny crybaby ninny. Leave decorum for the office, in the arena I'll take my boisterous intense fans over polite prudish apathetic fans any day of the year and scoff at all those who feel otherwise.

And to be honest if a player can't take the jeering then he doesn't deserve to play in the NHL, making millions of dollars and being the focal point of millions of peoples attention. You guys gotta take a step back and realize how absurd you all sound. "BOO ****IN HOO for O'Byrne, he ****ed up 40K+ peoples day and they let him know that." Most likely, he'll go console himself driving his luxury car, and boning whatever perfect 10 chick (that all you overly sensitive posters could only dream of getting) he happens to be sleeping with at the moment. Save your pity and concern for people who actually need it....
You can scoff all you want but your opinion is as lame as the lame brains you refer to earlier.

BOO ****IN HOO for the 40K fans (you realize there are only 22K in the building) that had their night ruined by O'Byrne. The passion you describe should be for our players and when one of them makes an obvious mistake you don't come down on him like we lost game 7 of the Cup finals. He knew what he did the second he let go of the puck do you think he needed geniuses like you to explain it to him by booing. Yes BOOING not jeering.

The players all supported him and understood what happened to him could easily happen to them at any time in a high intensity, high pace game but highly enlightened people like yourself defend a display of stupidity like "booing" as though you have a clue.

If the players can forgive and let go of this then so can I. O'Byrne hasn't played well and can do alot more than he has but i will not crucify him for this obvious mistake that anybody capable of reason can see was just a mistake.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 08:35 PM
  #46
Haddock
Registered User
 
Haddock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moulinsart
Posts: 2,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
I'm sorry but I'm not going to give the benefit of the doubt to a fanbase that has booed the US national anthem, that booed Brisebois throughout the mid to late-90's just because it was the thing to do even though he was our best defenceman at the time, that boos former players who gave us great years, that boos Saku Koivu from time to time even though he'd be a national treasure in any other North American city, that even booed Jean "frickin" Beliveau at times in his career. No way they get the benefit of the doubt from me. I love the Habs, I love the tradition, I love the history, I love the Bell Centre, but I can't say I love the classless ignorant fans who would stab their best friend in the back.

Habs players were pissed about last night's reception given to O'Byrne. Make no mistake about it, they were pissed.
...ok.

Don't let my 'wait and see' approach keep you from going nuts.

I do love the passion tough! I'm twenty-eight years old now. I wonder at what age I stopped getting worked up over simple things like that. Good for you.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 10:03 PM
  #47
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
The people booing at the Bell Center are not here on this board. You can't create change.

Sad but true.
From the reactions we've got here after the OB mistake im pretty sure half the people here would have booed him.

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 10:18 PM
  #48
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmax View Post
OK I agree, the teams is not playing very good lately, and I for one, is ranting more than enjoying the effort displayed on the ice, however, we (the fans) should look ourselves in the miror before acting like we are right now!

We have the loudest crowd in the NHL, yet, we aren't the #1 crowd in the players hearth, why? because instead of encouraging endlessly our team, we boo them when we aren't satisfy, I understand that it is very frustrating to pay 100$ to see player earning millions of $ having trouble to furnish an acceptable effort for 20 minutes. Nonetheless, I think the team would benifit if they would constantly ear encouragement from the crowd. Also, instead of boing opponent players (Cahra, Samsonov,..) we should encourage our guys, we shouldn't care about the opposing tema, we should concentrate on the player/team that we cherrish and love!

Could a crowd be considered as a leader, it think so by demonstrating a good example of tenacity and perseverence, perhaps some players could be inspire by that

Also, if someone you like fail or make a mistake, do you destroy him, or do you try to help him? We should look to ourselves and realize that we are not a good crowd and we are nnot supporting our team very well!!

my 2 cents
I have Never booed the team for trying.. And I will always support the team if they put a decent team out there. If I want to show the Habs that I'm not happy with the team they put on the ice, I will just cheer for someone else.. If I pay even $30 bucks to go to a game, I'm cheering for someone. I'm a Habs fan, but I'm also a hockey fan, and there are a lot of other good teams to cheer for.. But Booing players for mistakes just makes them feel bad and play worse. I agree with that. The more support the player get's, the more comfortable he will be on the ice and he will be concentrating on making a play as opposed to screwing one up..

So ya, don't boo guys who make mistakes. But if the team sucks day in and day out, and you want to see some live hockey, Cheer for someone else... You tell Lecavalier's family to cheer for the Habs when they go and see Vincent play...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:07 PM
  #49
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Chris should focus on the game and not the crowd
Play a full 60 min game in and game out. I never like is interview comments-
He's showing true leadership taking the flack off O'Byrne.....maybe you have something against those who tell it like it is. But he is 100% right. Those who taunted him after the game are not Hab fans and shouid not be allowed to share the same space as us. Booing I can give...but taunting like that is something you dont do to your own.



And concerning the original post. I think the team just played 2 of it's best games this season. We've won many games that we didnt deserve where we played like crap this season. But the last 2 we played great and didnt win. I'm much more encouraged by these two over time losses then I was with quite a few wins.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:35 PM
  #50
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Excellent post. Between the jeering/serenading of O'Byrne and the constant booing class-act Mark Streit received, it's no wonder players perform better in cities other than Montreal. Last night was disgraceful.
So let's say you're right...last night was disgraceful.....so how many nights on 40 nights would you say are disgraceful? Is booing a PP that doesn't work disgraceful? If so, tons of other cities are as well? Is booing Chara and Lucic disgraceful? Booing enemies we hate for a reason, I don't see a problem with him. Is booing a guy that played here disgraceful? Surely, though some players might have asked for it more than others but most shouldn't be. Then, how many games does that make? And then, if you give your effort and end up as being a good player, why the heck would you be worried about the crowd's reaction?

Is that another way to protect the organization for anything that happens? So everything is the fans problem and not the org.? I could tell you A LOT of examples that a player ended up playing better elsewhere 'cause the org. (not the fans) didn't gave them a real chance to play with us. And there's a lot LESS examples of players that ended up playing better 'cause they were booed off this team or because they were scared of the crowd so they ended up being better.

I don't buy that excuse. Are there players that don't want to play here 'cause the reputation is that we're a tough crowd? Maybe. But is the Philly crowd that friendly? How about the Rangers crowd? Do they have problems attracting UFA's? Does there players have problems playing well over there?

There's a limit between calling the crowd classless and saying how they're responsible for everything that goes badly in Montreal....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.