HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

We should look at ourselves

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-25-2008, 10:41 PM
  #51
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
So let's say you're right...last night was disgraceful.....so how many nights on 40 nights would you say are disgraceful? Is booing a PP that doesn't work disgraceful? If so, tons of other cities are as well? Is booing Chara and Lucic disgraceful? Booing enemies we hate for a reason, I don't see a problem with him. Is booing a guy that played here disgraceful? Surely, though some players might have asked for it more than others but most shouldn't be. Then, how many games does that make? And then, if you give your effort and end up as being a good player, why the heck would you be worried about the crowd's reaction?

Is that another way to protect the organization for anything that happens? So everything is the fans problem and not the org.? I could tell you A LOT of examples that a player ended up playing better elsewhere 'cause the org. (not the fans) didn't gave them a real chance to play with us. And there's a lot LESS examples of players that ended up playing better 'cause they were booed off this team or because they were scared of the crowd so they ended up being better.

I don't buy that excuse. Are there players that don't want to play here 'cause the reputation is that we're a tough crowd? Maybe. But is the Philly crowd that friendly? How about the Rangers crowd? Do they have problems attracting UFA's? Does there players have problems playing well over there?

There's a limit between calling the crowd classless and saying how they're responsible for everything that goes badly in Montreal....
I think there is a difference between booing a PP that sucks to show your displeasure and booing a class act like Streit. If someone booes Streit its not to show his displeasure...it's to show he's an idiot. And then the next step is to taunt your own...in your own building.....that takes a special kind of *******. If someone wants to do that well then he should take any Habs stuff he owns and throw it in the trash and then go buy a Bruins shirt or something. Then if he wants he can come in to OUR building and taunt OUR players if he wants because he wants them to fail and he wants them to lose. But I dont ever want to see or hear someone wearing a Habs jersey ridicule one of OUR own in OUR building. These are people that cant use the word WE.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 10:55 PM
  #52
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I think there is a difference between booing a PP that sucks to show your displeasure and booing a class act like Streit. If someone booes Streit its not to show his displeasure...it's to show he's an idiot. And then the next step is to taunt your own...in your own building.....that takes a special kind of *******. If someone wants to do that well then he should take any Habs stuff he owns and throw it in the trash and then go buy a Bruins shirt or something. Then if he wants he can come in to OUR building and taunt OUR players if he wants because he wants them to fail and he wants them to lose. But I dont ever want to see or hear someone wearing a Habs jersey ridicule one of OUR own in OUR building. These are people that cant use the word WE.
Totally agree. Last night was not the fans greatest night....like some players that don't have their greatest night etc....

But then to generalize and say how classless a fanbase we are when things like that do not happen as frequently as people would like it to be, and then to say that THIS is the sole reason why we don't attract UFA's and why people don't have good seasons here, I don't buy it. There is a limit to what the fans can be responsible of. We also can say that even if it was 1 time, it's too many already and you can be right.

But if the fans were really responsible for all those things they're being accused of doing, I really don't know why we keep having those UFA's thread and why we have so many threads about players doing much better elsewhere since it's ALWAYS the case and since the UFA will never want to come here 'cause let's face it.....we don't have the greatest crowd and there will ALWAYS be reactions like that mostly towards ex-players. That's how it is. It shouldn't excuse them but it will anyway be like that.

But I personnally still prefer to think that the organization is still responsible for their good and bad decisions as far as UFA's and as far as trades are concerned. I just can't think that Beauchemin is doing better in Anaheim 'cause the crowd is too stupid or that Grabovski is a fine player 'cause he's been booed so many times (which he wasn't....)

That's what I don't agree. Not that I think that the crowd's reaction was intelligent, on the contrary. The goal of the crowd is to make your team play better....not to make them more nervous. While I didn't like yesterday's reaction, the real response of the crowd will be for O'B next game. They have to be totally behind him. As far as Streit it made no sense. I heard somebody on the radio today saying that he was amongst the ones who was booing Streit, who was taunting and booing Chris Lee and who taunted O'Byrne, seemed that it started from the same portion of fans and then it kinda evolve a little. The guy simply said that he was having fun with all those situations. Said that most guys who started it had nice smiles on their faces and had fun doing it......So when guys like that think it's fun, do you really think that anybody will be able to change anything about it? And then, I'm more frustrated over the other 20 000 fans, the silent majority who don't react to the boo-birds who are supposedly having fun....How about being vocal about how stupid they look? I know that after Gainey's comment on Brisebois, some boo-birds still tried to make themselves vocal but then the others started cheering on top of that and that's the reason why it slowly stopped.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 06:41 AM
  #53
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Stones instead of Bob, but Pleased to Meet You anyway
Gotcha! "Sympathy" was the clue you missed...

As for driving McPhee crazy, he's already crazy ... like a goat!

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:25 AM
  #54
HockeyF3ind
Registered User
 
HockeyF3ind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
You can scoff all you want but your opinion is as lame as the lame brains you refer to earlier.

BOO ****IN HOO for the 40K fans (you realize there are only 22K in the building) that had their night ruined by O'Byrne. The passion you describe should be for our players and when one of them makes an obvious mistake you don't come down on him like we lost game 7 of the Cup finals. He knew what he did the second he let go of the puck do you think he needed geniuses like you to explain it to him by booing. Yes BOOING not jeering.

The players all supported him and understood what happened to him could easily happen to them at any time in a high intensity, high pace game but highly enlightened people like yourself defend a display of stupidity like "booing" as though you have a clue.

If the players can forgive and let go of this then so can I. O'Byrne hasn't played well and can do alot more than he has but i will not crucify him for this obvious mistake that anybody capable of reason can see was just a mistake.
The bold is where you lose me....I'd love you to elaborate to to me WHY you feel that chanting his name at the end is "coming down on him like we lost game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals" or "crucifying him". LOL....I wouldn't be suprised if O'bryne has already shrugged it off, while you guys fume at the "horrible attrocious humiliating" actions of the fans. LOL...seriously tho some people seem to have the same barometer for sensitivity here that was suitable for a self-esteem lesson in kindergarten. This is the big boy world where we don't need mommy to hold our hands when the other kids tease us, although maybe I shouldn't speak for the rest of you.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 07:41 PM
  #55
RushDP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
The bold is where you lose me....I'd love you to elaborate to to me WHY you feel that chanting his name at the end is "coming down on him like we lost game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals" or "crucifying him". LOL....I wouldn't be suprised if O'bryne has already shrugged it off, while you guys fume at the "horrible attrocious humiliating" actions of the fans. LOL...seriously tho some people seem to have the same barometer for sensitivity here that was suitable for a self-esteem lesson in kindergarten. This is the big boy world where we don't need mommy to hold our hands when the other kids tease us, although maybe I shouldn't speak for the rest of you.
It obviously doesn't take much to lose you does it? I have to LOL at people that use condescending posts to make it seem that they are so much wiser and enlightened than the rest of the posters here.

Let me explain what I meant since you "lost" me so early in my post. The fans came down on O'Byrne like there was not tommorrow for us. While we may have lost a valuable point it was done innocently and by mistake. You can BOO (not jeer) all you want when the play is a boneheaded decision but when it is an obvious mistake those that are BOOing are idiots plain and simple. They are classless and make all fans look like the losers they and those that condone their actions are.

There have been so many comments made on TSN and national feeds that show O'Byrne making the mistake and then show us in all our glory booing him. It is an embarrassment to this fanbase.

Hey, if that makes you happy to boo your team then you are welcome to it but having a thick skin as a player does not equal having a thick skull as a fan. You can find 100 reasons that fans have a right to boo and I can find 100 reasons why they don't. This is a useless argument. On this occasion they had no right to boo the kid because this happens in hockey. They boo'ed because it has become OK to boo in the Bell Centre. It is the only arena that the fans do this and that is nothing to be proud of.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 08:01 PM
  #56
HockeyF3ind
Registered User
 
HockeyF3ind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
It obviously doesn't take much to lose you does it? I have to LOL at people that use condescending posts to make it seem that they are so much wiser and enlightened than the rest of the posters here.

Let me explain what I meant since you "lost" me so early in my post. The fans came down on O'Byrne like there was not tommorrow for us. While we may have lost a valuable point it was done innocently and by mistake. You can BOO (not jeer) all you want when the play is a boneheaded decision but when it is an obvious mistake those that are BOOing are idiots plain and simple. They are classless and make all fans look like the losers they and those that condone their actions are.

There have been so many comments made on TSN and national feeds that show O'Byrne making the mistake and then show us in all our glory booing him. It is an embarrassment to this fanbase.

Hey, if that makes you happy to boo your team then you are welcome to it but having a thick skin as a player does not equal having a thick skull as a fan. You can find 100 reasons that fans have a right to boo and I can find 100 reasons why they don't. This is a useless argument. On this occasion they had no right to boo the kid because this happens in hockey. They boo'ed because it has become OK to boo in the Bell Centre. It is the only arena that the fans do this and that is nothing to be proud of.
The fact that you think that scoring on your own net does not give fans the right to boo you is pretty hilarious. Do you think fans ever have the right to boo? I gather not.

You obviously don't watch or know anything about sports if you think that boo birds are only found at the Bell Center. Its in fact a staple in MANY sports venues in MANY sports. There are many incidences of fans booing a player out of a team, it happens in regularity in NY with the Yankees, its happened in Philly, Boston, the list goes on and on, and I haven't even included Euro football hooligans.

As for Jeer vs booing (since you seem to be fixated on this word) let me educate you

Jeer:
* noun: showing your contempt by derision
* verb: laugh at with contempt and derision

Example: "The crowd jeered at the speaker"

Definitions of boo:

* noun: a cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt
* verb: show displeasure, as after a performance or speech

they are effectively synonyms. I only prefer jeer cuz it rhymes with cheer and I like rhymes.

Okay i'm done with you....feel free to have the last word. Your insistence of the horribleness of hab fan decorum is laughable and quite entertaining to me, but I grow weary of this repartee since you seem to be a lost cause. Feel free to revel in your own indignation.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.