HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Please don't boo O'Byrne

Old
11-26-2008, 09:25 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

vCash: 500
Please don't boo O'Byrne

I know theres an abundance of O'Byrne threads on the board some good, some bad.

I was as frustrated as any of you O'Byrne haters out there, but nothing should make us boo one of our own (unless you pull a Samsonov). The kid is really fragile right now and if Carbo plays him (which he probably will) in Montreal on Saturday. We should rally and support our players. It was a horrible mistake, but who knows this could be the turning point of his season.

Obviously if he doesnt take this chance to rise up, then a drop in Hamilton could be a good idea, but never boo one of ours.

Anyone with me?

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
I dont know where you've seen good O'Byrne threads because I havent seen any. He's been bad this year.

As much as I agree, he shouldnt be booed, nothing is gonna stop the fans from doing it the next time he touches the puck on bell centre ice.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:28 AM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsWRC View Post
I know theres an abundance of O'Byrne threads on the board some good, some bad.

I was as frustrated as any of you O'Byrne haters out there, but nothing should make us boo one of our own (unless you pull a Samsonov). The kid is really fragile right now and if Carbo plays him (which he probably will) in Montreal on Saturday. We should rally and support our players. It was a horrible mistake, but who knows this could be the turning point of his season.

Obviously if he doesnt take this chance to rise up, then a drop in Hamilton could be a good idea, but never boo one of ours.

Anyone with me?
In the context of the last game I feel as I'm sure you've seen that any booing/jeering/taunting of O'Bryne was justified. However, if fans continue to dog O'byrne at future home games with booing then you have my total agreement. Yesterday is yesterday, and O'byrne I would argue still has a very bright future with in the NHL and hopefully one it will still be with the HABS.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Pascal

If he was a vet yes boo, but he's a rookie and he needs time to develop. He'll make mistakes and he doesn't need us to know he made them..

no booing!

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Rushin Joo

Send a message via MSN to Rushin Joo
They should just show on the jumbotron: ''If you see someone booing, beat the **** out of him''.

Works everytime when people thrown stuff on stage at metal concerts.

Rushin Joo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:36 AM
Habinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
I dont know where you've seen good O'Byrne threads because I havent seen any. He's been bad this year.

As much as I agree, he shouldnt be booed, nothing is gonna stop the fans from doing it the next time he touches the puck on bell centre ice.
I don't know, if he scores a couple of goals tonight I'm sure the fans will go easy on him

Habinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:37 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
If he was a vet yes boo, but he's a rookie and he needs time to develop. He'll make mistakes and he doesn't need us to know he made them..

no booing!
Well said !

IMO, the goal was a mistake waiting to happen. I didnt think it would be such a huge mistake though. But it was noticeable O'Byrne's been fragile.

I personally would never boo any of my players, under any circumstances, except if he becomes a personal insult to the Habs or the city (with a big mouth for example). To each his own i guess.

I think that some seasons are made or thrown away with events like these, and as fans if we get up and support the weak and fragile players when they need it the most, we might see an impressive turn around.

Old
11-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habinger View Post
I don't know, if he scores a couple of goals tonight I'm sure the fans will go easy on him
the odds of it hapening?

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Habinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
the odds of it hapening?
Well now you're just getting picky.... but yeah I'd have to go with slim to none.

Habinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Gros Bill

Emotive, moving pleas to not boo O'Byrne are all fine and dandy, but if O'Byrne plays well, fans will quieten down. Maybe if he threw just one hard bodycheck, fans would cheer. It's up to him to turn the tide.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:48 AM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Emotive, moving pleas to not boo O'Byrne are all fine and dandy, but if O'Byrne plays well, fans will quieten down. Maybe if he threw just one hard bodycheck, fans would cheer. It's up to him to turn the tide.
Or Gainey can call them cowards again. I hope it doesn't come to that though.

David_99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Tuggy

They won't boo him anymore after he scores a hat trick against the Wings tonight.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:55 AM
HotPie

They won't boo him if he plays well.

Honestly, his open net goal against us was just the icing on the cake. Chanting his name in that derisive way by the fans was classless, but at the same time, you have to put yourself in the shoes of the fans who were at the game. I would've been royally pissed too.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Habs

Normally I would agree, but he just sucks this year and hasn't given the fans anything to cheer about all season long.

If he isn't taking lazy penalties he is dumping the puck instead of shooting. He doesn't use his size at all, he isn't physical nor does he move the puck well out of the defensive zone.

Boo him I tell you, BOO HIM TILL HE CRIES TO HIS MAMA!

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 10:09 AM
rocketlives

O'Byrne Tribute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHGSQKWAn8w

rocketlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 10:14 AM
King Kovalev

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives View Post
Two hits and a broken finger

King Kovalev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 10:16 AM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Normally I would agree, but he just sucks this year and hasn't given the fans anything to cheer about all season long.

If he isn't taking lazy penalties he is dumping the puck instead of shooting. He doesn't use his size at all, he isn't physical nor does he move the puck well out of the defensive zone.

Boo him I tell you, BOO HIM TILL HE CRIES TO HIS MAMA!
Dude, he hasn't even played one full season yet!
Lord, some fans expect rookies no matter their skill level to just come in and dominate. Imagine, fresh out of University, your first job, and you are expected to know and work as if you are a 10 year vet...Last I checked, most "normal" people tend to need some time to adjust and get some experience under their belt before really coming into their own...but that's just me. Maybe I'm way off in lala land and all rookies should just come into to the league with no experience and play like a vet. Oh well, guess I have much to learn.

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 10:19 AM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habinger View Post
**** even if he makes a few nice bruising hits I'd think fans would bite their tonges, fans are like fickle 10 year olds with ADD, they forget real fast about past mistakes provided you do good ***** now.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
**** even if he makes a few nice bruising hits I'd think fans would bite their tonges, fans are like fickle 10 year olds with ADD, they forget real fast about past mistakes provided you do good ***** now.
I *****!

Old
11-26-2008, 10:32 AM
kovaless

I agree no booing.

However, what if he dumps in our net again? What do you think would happen? Never
another game in the NHL ?

That would probably be a first. Score in your own net 2 games in a row. My god..they would probably lynch him

kovaless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 10:45 AM
rocketlives

The morons in the Molson Ex section will probably boo him but who cares. As O'Byrne said after the game: these things happen, tomorrow is another day. To O'Byrne's credit, he faced the music after the game speaking to a horde of journalists without losing his composure. He skates well for a guy his size and will certainly improve with time. C'est en forgeant qu'on devient forgeron.

Old
11-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
The morons in the Molson Ex section will probably boo him but who cares. As O'Byrne said after the game: these things happen, tomorrow is another day. To O'Byrne's credit, he faced the music after the game speaking to a horde of journalists without losing his composure. He skates well for a guy his size and will certainly improve with time. C'est en forgeant qu'on devient forgeron.
I agree with you except for one thing : morons aren't limited to one section of the stadium, and describing all fans from that section as morons is a stupid as ... booing O'Byrne for no reason?

Old
11-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
I think that was huge on his behalf. He was on the brink of tears man.

Old
11-26-2008, 11:01 AM
rocketlives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
I agree with you except for one thing : morons aren't limited to one section of the stadium, and describing all fans from that section as morons is a stupid as ... booing O'Byrne for no reason?
Never said all fans from that section were morons. It just seems to me that the booing of our own players is louder coming from that section and I'm not the only one saying that.