HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Sandy

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-15-2004, 10:12 AM
  #76
Prucha73
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
do you know him personally or did you read that somewhere?

dale purinton is tough hockey player that will fight anyone. you are bringing up one instance when he may or may not have done the right thing but dismiss a player that jumped the ref. Hey we had billy tibbets too and he was arrested more than 8 years ago but i wouldn't want him on my team (or dating my sister)
You obviously are blind because Purinton also suckerpunched another player last season, I think it was against Atlanta. Purinton will not fight anyone, he is becoming like Sandra.

Prucha73 is offline  
Old
07-15-2004, 10:15 AM
  #77
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
You obviously never saw a hockey game in your life, because Dwyer is a much better skater than Purinton. Purinton is not even able to make a check because he is so slow.
wait a second you do realize they play different postions don't you? i'm sure you don't because you may not have read it anywhere. a forward with less than capable skating speed is not that good. Purinton is a defenseman who doesn't need to be fast to be good. Listen i think purinton sucks but i would rather have him on the team than dwyer. you have never seen either play you just read about them. you prove it with every post you have. 40 posts a day on a hockey board and you have never seen a game. Thats impressive

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
07-15-2004, 10:20 AM
  #78
Prucha73
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
wait a second you do realize they play different postions don't you? i'm sure you don't because you may not have read it anywhere. a forward with less than capable skating speed is not that good. Purinton is a defenseman who doesn't need to be fast to be good. Listen i think purinton sucks but i would rather have him on the team than dwyer. you have never seen either play you just read about them. you prove it with every post you have. 40 posts a day on a hockey board and you have never seen a game. Thats impressive
No point arguing with someone who has maturity level of a 12 year old. You gave me a private message to get a thicker skin, now I will advise you to not drop out of elementary school, maybe you will learn there how to argue without insulting others.

Prucha73 is offline  
Old
07-15-2004, 10:21 AM
  #79
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
You obviously are blind because Purinton also suckerpunched another player last season, I think it was against Atlanta. Purinton will not fight anyone, he is becoming like Sandra.
WHO CARES that he suckerpunched anybody. I don't believe you that he did it againts atlanta because i don't believe anythign you say. 20 posts a day and nothing to say.

you have never seen a hockey game in your life and nothing you ever post will make me think you have. i just want to say i'm sorry because perhaps your blind. if you are i didn't mean to offend but than i would argue that you have never heard a hockey game on the radio. thats how little i respect anything you say.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
07-15-2004, 10:22 AM
  #80
Prucha73
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
WHO CARES that he suckerpunched anybody. I don't believe you that he did it againts atlanta because i don't believe anythign you say. 20 posts a day and nothing to say.

you have never seen a hockey game in your life and nothing you ever post will make me think you have. i just want to say i'm sorry because perhaps your blind. if you are i didn't mean to offend but than i would argue that you have never heard a hockey game on the radio. thats how little i respect anything you say.
enough is enough, tired of your mindless junk, putting you on ignore.

Prucha73 is offline  
Old
07-15-2004, 10:24 AM
  #81
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
No point arguing with someone who has maturity level of a 12 year old. You gave me a private message to get a thicker skin, now I will advise you to not drop out of elementary school, maybe you will learn there how to argue without insulting others.
wait a second when you posted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
Genius, why don't you tell me why you think those are equal. Seems to me you don't know what you are talking about.
you were actually calling me genius like you think i'm a genius because i took that as sarcastic and some would take it as an insult but when you are losing an argument like you do so often you hide behind anything you can.

you can tell me not to drop out of elementary school but i wasn't the one who posted i was 9. :lol

i'm done with you now. you add nothing and thats got to be hard to do when you post as often as you do.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
07-15-2004, 10:26 AM
  #82
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
enough is enough, tired of your mindless junk, putting you on ignore.
you are about as tough as you think purinton is.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
07-15-2004, 11:49 AM
  #83
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Murray showed more heart, interest and willingness in the handful of games he played last season than i've seen out of McCarthy in years.

McCarthy's legacy is the chicken dance..... followed by a beatdown by Cairns that he blamed {gasp} on his helemt.
Fleury did the chicken dance... yeah, Murray has more talent hans down, but he'll never fight as well as Sandy did.

BobMarleyNYR is offline  
Old
07-15-2004, 11:57 AM
  #84
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
Sure Purinton is tough, but you will never see him fight the best fighters and true heavy weights.
Exactly.

Purinton has won about 3 more fights than McKenna..... which equates to 3. And even then, McKenna had the excuse that he's got the worst balance in the NHL.

Whereas outcast McCarthy has won 90% off the fights he's ever been in.

Other than that, what does Purinton do besides suck, get benched, at play 2 decent games to salvage himself one more year?


Last edited by BobMarleyNYR: 07-15-2004 at 12:02 PM.
BobMarleyNYR is offline  
Old
07-15-2004, 12:10 PM
  #85
Jackson Ranger
Registered User
 
Jackson Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 2,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
Exactly.

Purinton has won about 3 more fights than McKenna..... which equates to 3. And even then, McKenna had the excuse that he's got the worst balance in the NHL.

Whereas outcast McCarthy has won 90% off the fights he's ever been in.

Other than that, what does Purinton do besides suck, get benched, at play 2 decent games to salvage himself one more year?
Purinton as well as McKenna are well liked in the locker rooms because besides their way of keeping the guys loose, they also watch the backs of the better/younger players. McCarthy won't do that after watching him last season.

Yes, I'm a Purinton supporter, even though I was very unhappy with some of his acts last year. Still, he will definitely stick up for his teammates, something you have to admire in a player.

Would Purinton be my first choice as an enforcer, no, but he would be ahead of McCarthy.

Jackson Ranger is offline  
Old
07-15-2004, 12:13 PM
  #86
E-Train
Registered User
 
E-Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,256
vCash: 500
I'll pass on both Sandra and Dwyer.

I haven't ever seen Purinton get destroyed in a fight. Sandra has been embarassed by Brashear and Cairns, Dwyer was KO'd by 6'1" Garnet Exelby, was is he gonna do against real heavyweights.

I used to be a much bigger fan of Dale dating back to his Hartford days, after seeing that bush league crap he pulled last year, I wouldn't be sad if he was gone as well.

Put Grenier at 4th line LW and see if he can handle it for a full season, if not, get another monster.


Last edited by E-Train: 07-15-2004 at 12:30 PM.
E-Train is online now  
Old
07-15-2004, 12:23 PM
  #87
Fotiu22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rockville Centre, NY
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Quote:
Originally Posted by little a from da bx
sucker punch, i know what u are talking about, and u know what obvoiusley u did not look at the whole picture.... cairns suckered rucinsky in the face ... you can read right RUCINSKY....so dale cheap shotted him an eye for and eye dale hangs with the best of them, he fights for his teammates sorry for the aggressive post but it pisses me off when people knock these guys they go out and play for there team mates they deserve respect...
Cairns is not the only player dale has suckered.
He ran like a schoolgirl when Cairns challenged him in the next game.
See my user name, i know tough guys and give them the utmost respect WHEN they deserve it. if they are punks like dale, they don't get it.
Honestly, i used to love dale, was a big fan, but after some things he did last year i lost all respect for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by little a from da bx
he deserves respect not a knonck from someone like u who probably wouldnt even attempt to do what he does. ...
who are you? you don't know me, don't judge me.
you're right, though, i wouldnt attempt to do what he does... SUCKER PUNCH.
I'm banned from more leagues for fighting than you've even played in... and that means absolutely NOTHING. A fan who has never been in a fight in his life would have just as much a right to knock Dale as you or I would.

Fotiu22 is offline  
Old
07-15-2004, 12:27 PM
  #88
RANGER#11
Registered User
 
RANGER#11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Norfolk, New York
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Murray showed more heart, interest and willingness in the handful of games he played last season than i've seen out of McCarthy in years.

McCarthy's legacy is the chicken dance..... followed by a beatdown by Cairns that he blamed {gasp} on his helemt.
Sorry Edge but Sandy always showed heart. Sure he was not the best fighter and he did not lead the team in goals but I always liked the efort.

RANGER#11 is offline  
Old
07-15-2004, 02:29 PM
  #89
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER#11
Sorry Edge but Sandy always showed heart. Sure he was not the best fighter and he did not lead the team in goals but I always liked the efort.
Thank you...


And to whom it may concern: I'm sorry for ripping Purinton - he's not all that bad! I was just bitter about how everyone forgot McCarthy.

Sandy IS a very good fighter... maybe the best we had since Cairns or even Kocur.

Once again, when Sandy was playing well for us, he was getting at least 10min. Last season he averaged like 4-6 minutes. I'd like to see ANYONE make any kind of impact in that amount of time... besides Fleury.

BobMarleyNYR is offline  
Old
07-15-2004, 02:32 PM
  #90
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
Thank you...


And to whom it may concern: I'm sorry for ripping Purinton - he's not all that bad! I was just bitter about how everyone forgot McCarthy.

Sandy IS a very good fighter... maybe the best we had since Cairns or even Kocur.

Once again, when Sandy was playing well for us, he was getting at least 10min. Last season he averaged like 4-6 minutes. I'd like to see ANYONE make any kind of impact in that amount of time... besides Fleury.
I think you missed the point. Sandy won't fight anymore he thinks he is a scorer and if you think he showed anything last year i don't know what to say because to me he looked like he either quit or just doesn't have it anymore. either way i think the rangers would be better suited with somebody younger as the enforcer. sandy was a great fighter and had a pretty decent career but its over for him. just my two cents.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
07-15-2004, 03:54 PM
  #91
little a from da bx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
I think Gordie Dwyer is a good fighter/checker that can be used as 13th forward and put in against tough teams. When he was here he was checking everything that moved and was a willing fighter, maybe not the best fighter, but he would fight the likes of Cairns, which is something that Purinton was scared of doing.
here we go again with another purinton hater, that game purrinton had no reason to fight, cairns just wanted to fight to fight so get your facts staright,ok . purrinton did wehat he did to cairns with tye sucker punch cause cairns suckered rucinsky, so like i said get your facts staright. first i hate when any of u people say he was scared, he is not scared he goes with the best and .. prucha please u would crawl undera rock if he came after u... dont knock anyone

and u just said all these good things about dwyer but u are saaying put him in as a 13th fwd, makes no sense, that energy is what nyr needs to get otivated have him in as 1 4th line winger .. constantly

little a from da bx is offline  
Old
07-15-2004, 04:07 PM
  #92
Fotiu22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rockville Centre, NY
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Quote:
Originally Posted by little a from da bx
first i hate when any of u people say he was scared, he is not scared he goes with the best
I have two words for you:

bawk bawk

Tastes Like Chicken
Quote:
"Eric Cairns is a huge man and for me to really square off with him like that is not the smartest thing to do," Purinton says. ...[If] Cairnsy strings you out, you could be in trouble. You gotta be smart about it."

Fotiu22 is offline  
Old
07-15-2004, 04:24 PM
  #93
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
my biggest problem with Purinton is that despite his size, i just really dont think he is all that good of a fighter.

Edge is offline  
Old
07-15-2004, 04:33 PM
  #94
E-Train
Registered User
 
E-Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
my biggest problem with Purinton is that despite his size, i just really dont think he is all that good of a fighter.
He never wins or loses big. The fight with Cummins should have been a demolition, instead Cummins came back to land real good shots of his own on Dale.

I've never seen him absolutely wreck people like Cairns does but I haven't seen him get dropped like Cairns used to in his rookie year (Beurbe, Chase, etc.)

E-Train is online now  
Old
07-15-2004, 04:38 PM
  #95
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
my biggest problem with Purinton is that despite his size, i just really dont think he is all that good of a fighter.
Yeah... I DO realize Purinton's value. But he isn't a good fighter... that's why I used the McKenna comparison.

Barnaby on the other hand was win some, lose some... more lose some. But he wasn't afraid to go with anyone, even if he was Zdeno Chara... Which is also why I liked Fleury... 5'6", 185 lbs. and he fought Donald Brashear in '98... lasted a while too!

BobMarleyNYR is offline  
Old
07-15-2004, 04:39 PM
  #96
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
For me at least Cairns was willing. Purinton comes off as more of a pest type.

To this day i still cant believe the fighter Cairns turned into. He was downright horrible when he started out in the AHL.

Edge is offline  
Old
07-15-2004, 04:47 PM
  #97
E-Train
Registered User
 
E-Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
For me at least Cairns was willing. Purinton comes off as more of a pest type.

To this day i still cant believe the fighter Cairns turned into. He was downright horrible when he started out in the AHL.

I agree, Cairns has always been willing. I never saw him fight in Bingo or Hartford but saw him scrap quite a bit in '96-'97. He dominated Vukota pretty well in a preseason game at the Garden in '96.

I am hoping Grenier can develop like Eric has. His lack of speed will be less exposed as a LW, it's probably too late for Cairns to move to wing. Grenier was smart to become more versatile.

As for Purinton, he is definitely more of a pest type. People fear fighting Cairns, Dale's reputation is nowhere near that.

E-Train is online now  
Old
07-15-2004, 05:06 PM
  #98
Fotiu22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rockville Centre, NY
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
For me at least Cairns was willing. Purinton comes off as more of a pest type.

To this day i still cant believe the fighter Cairns turned into. He was downright horrible when he started out in the AHL.
Back then, from what i remember, he seemed a little off-balance on his feet and awkward with his lanky arms (I did like him though)... looks like he's way more confident now with his balance much better and his 9' arms.... well, his balance is better anyway.

Fotiu22 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.