HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

• 11/24 • Phoenix Coyotes @ New York Rangers • 7:00 PM • MSG

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2008, 10:52 AM
LamoTheKid

vCash: 500
So, I really hate to jump on the Roszival dogpile but he was godawful last night. I'm getting really sick of this, unfortunately, we dont really have anyone to fill his 20 mins a night.

On a positive note, I really think Betts is coming into his own. If we can get 15-18 goals out of him this season I'll be happy. He was hands down one of the best players on the ice last night.

It was also pretty sweet to have been sitting 5 feet from Jari Kurri and Rod Gilbert last night (sec 63). They were very gracious with the autographs.

Old
11-25-2008, 10:54 AM
94now

Bryzgalov was shaky at times. All three goals were soft... Especially Dubi's and Betts' goals, although should Henke let something like Girardi goal in, I would be worried. Overall, goaltending wasn't that great on both ends (PHX first goal was bubbled by Lundquist, he should have had it). I don't know what is TGO's plan for his squad, but they not going to beat many teams, without hitting. Zherdev had a free ride the entire game in that regard...
Those were the reasons for the win. I don't make too much out of it.

Old
11-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Bryzgalov was shaky at times. All three goals were soft... Especially Dubi's and Betts' goals, although should Henke let something like Girardi goal in, I would be worried. Overall, goaltending wasn't that great on both ends (PHX first goal was bubbled by Lundquist, he should have had it). I don't know what is TGO's plan for his squad, but they not going to beat many teams, without hitting. Zherdev had a free ride the entire game in that regard...
Girardi's goal? Dubi was screening in front, Bryz never saw the shot, how is that a bad goal for a goalie to give up!?

And Lundqvist shouldve had that guy all alone in front of the net? Yeah, those plays happen all the time too

Old
11-25-2008, 11:07 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Soft? Betts beat him with a great move, Dubinsky's goal went off of Jovo's stick and Girardi's shot was a blast while being screened.

11-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Soft? Betts beat him with a great move, Dubinsky's goal went off of Jovo's stick and Girardi's shot was a blast while being screened.
And Dubinsky's goal was one you see guys who are struggling score to come out of it - put the puck on the net and let it happen.

Man, all you perfectionists should be too busy doing everything perfect, how do you have time to watch games?

Old
11-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithChawwclateSawwce View Post
On a positive note, I really think Betts is coming into his own. If we can get 15-18 goals out of him this season I'll be happy. He was hands down one of the best players on the ice last night.
4th liners don't score 15-18 goals, or they wouldn't be 4th liners.

Be realistic.

Old
11-25-2008, 11:44 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
15-18 goals? From a guy with 25 career goals is extremely ambitious.

Old
11-25-2008, 12:11 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
15-18 goals? From a guy with 25 career goals is extremely ambitious.
I will take 6,haha...........that will be increditble!...........Betts does a great job on the PK and 4th line.........he is what he is and helps the team win

Starting to look like Renney freaking loves Betts and Orr so they may be resigned next yr which may block some young guys

Old
11-25-2008, 12:24 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I will take 6,haha...........that will be increditble!...........Betts does a great job on the PK and 4th line.........he is what he is and helps the team win

Starting to look like Renney freaking loves Betts and Orr so they may be resigned next yr which may block some young guys
I would like to see him get near the 9 he had a few seasons back, personally. Granted, that was when he played with guys like Shanahan for some odd reason for a few games!

Old
11-25-2008, 12:36 PM
RichterLundqvist

Quote:
He stops 35 out of 36 and he's shaky....jesus, you want him doing cartwheels or something?

Old
11-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Levitate

I hope Betts gets re-signed. I don't really think the Rangers have some kid who will get blocked by him. At least not one that will be a better 4th line center than he is.

Orr...meh, I also don't think he's really blocking anyone that's going to make a difference, so I'm indifferent. He's the only legit fighter the Rangers have, so it's good to keep him around, and he isn't really a detriment to the team or anything.

Old
11-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I hope Betts gets re-signed. I don't really think the Rangers have some kid who will get blocked by him. At least not one that will be a better 4th line center than he is.

Orr...meh, I also don't think he's really blocking anyone that's going to make a difference, so I'm indifferent. He's the only legit fighter the Rangers have, so it's good to keep him around, and he isn't really a detriment to the team or anything.
I hope he doesn't want too much. He really is GREAT!

Maybe its time for a Blair Betts Jersey!

Old
11-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Cause afterall, it wouldnt fit the agenda you blog every now and then right?

Yeah, Dubinsky's ringing one off the post was pretty flat

Anyone who didnt think the Rangers came out flat in the first 7-10 minutes last night is clearly drinking the kool aid in gallon fulls. just like anyone who couldnt recognize how well they played from there on out is doing the opposite. im pointing out both sides of the coin. with one major caveat, we werent playing a good team. if you think they are a good team, you havent been watching hockey this year. they are a very young, very mediocre team on their best days. they have a bottom 5 penalty kill, a bottom 5 power play, a bottom 5 record, and a bottom 5 offense.

i am neither using the slow start as an "excuse" to continue my fire renney crusade, nor am i using the teams good performance after the poor start as a means to pardon him.

in short, this win was meaningless. we beat a team that flat out sucks. yay for us. let's see how we do against a more middle of the row team, like the Canes, the Sabres, the Flyers, etc.

Old
11-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Anyone who didnt think the Rangers came out flat in the first 7-10 minutes last night is clearly drinking the kool aid in gallon fulls. just like anyone who couldnt recognize how well they played from there on out is doing the opposite. im pointing out both sides of the coin. with one major caveat, we werent playing a good team. if you think they are a good team, you havent been watching hockey this year. they are a very young, very mediocre team on their best days. they have a bottom 5 penalty kill, a bottom 5 power play, a bottom 5 record, and a bottom 5 offense.

i am neither using the slow start as an "excuse" to continue my fire renney crusade, nor am i using the teams good performance after the poor start as a means to pardon him.

in short, this win was meaningless. we beat a team that flat out sucks. yay for us. let's see how we do against a more middle of the row team, like the Canes, the Sabres, the Flyers, etc.
Deja You

Old
11-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Shake and Bake

Quote:
So, I really hate to jump on the Roszival dogpile but he was godawful last night. I'm getting really sick of this, unfortunately, we dont really have anyone to fill his 20 mins a night.

It was also pretty sweet to have been sitting 5 feet from Jari Kurri and Rod Gilbert last night (sec 63). They were very gracious with the autographs.
Don't let one game fool you. That won't happen. Betts is a very good player, just not a goal scorer and that is perfectly fine. Love having him on this team

Old
11-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Shake and Bake

Quote:
Girardi's goal? Dubi was screening in front, Bryz never saw the shot, how is that a bad goal for a goalie to give up!?

And Lundqvist shouldve had that guy all alone in front of the net? Yeah, those plays happen all the time too
just to add here: girardis goal also went off the post

Old
11-25-2008, 03:44 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake and Bake View Post
Don't let one game fool you. That won't happen. Betts is a very good player, just not a goal scorer and that is perfectly fine. Love having him on this team
Yeah, Betts is the ideal fourth line center. Can kill penalties, win faceoffs and put in the occasional goal.

Old
11-25-2008, 04:03 PM
NYC427

Quote:

15-18? lmao

Old
11-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

id be THRILLED with 5-10 goals from betts

Old
11-25-2008, 06:56 PM
Shake and Bake

Quote:
id be THRILLED with 5-10 goals from betts
don't you think thats dramatic? you would be thrilled if he scores five goals? I'd expect him to score 5

Old
11-25-2008, 07:24 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
don't you think thats dramatic? you would be thrilled if he scores five goals? I'd expect him to score 5
at this pace he can score 12 goals i'd be fine with that from A FOURTH LINE PLAYER.

much more than i can say about dawes,fritsche,prucha and so on.

Old
11-26-2008, 11:07 AM
LamoTheKid

Ok, maybe I'm being unrealistic but if he hustles the way he did monday night, I can see 10+ goals being a relaistic number. I still think he's one of our more underrated players (because of his lack of goal scoring). Still love the guy.

Old
11-26-2008, 01:33 PM
94now

Quote:

He had time to yell "Screen" to his Ds., but most importantly he should have known that Dan is right handed shooter, so he should have covered his left better, as opposed to look out on the wrong side of Dubi... Anyway, I might be not right on the money there, but one thing I know for sure: If goal is scored from blueline and it wasn't deflected, it's on G screened or not. Betts so called "great move" is known to any HS forward. Goalies practice that pad extension routinely and every practice. Should Betts was able to lift the puck over the pad, kudos to him, it's hard to do as you need to snap the puck while arms are extended. But he just dragged it around the pad that Brysgalov failed to extend up to the post.
The wrap around scored by Dubi is a plain embarrassment. Those are no longer an option in contemporary NHL. You can see them on 8mm films or nowadays when goalie screws up, which was the case.

Old
11-26-2008, 02:00 PM
RANGERS2448

Quote:

anythime we walk away with 2 points isnt meaningless

Old
11-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
he scored what...2 goals all of last year? yeah, id be thrilled with more than double the previous years production.

Closed Thread