HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Martin Ordered To Make Playoffs, Sign Jaybo AND Cut $3 Mil In Payroll

Old
11-25-2008, 09:50 AM
FlaPanthers7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jal2155 View Post
The arena relocation didn't help much either. The population density in Sunrise is much smaller than it is in Miami; fewer people are likely to drive up there than they are / were to go to Miami (even if the old stadium was awful).
You are both right. I used to go to those arena games and they were exciting and loud and most importantly FULL! Not only was it dumb to move to Sunrise b/c it's so far out west from everything, but you're moving away from the buzz of south Florida experience. After games we'd go to Bayside or South Beach. I'll be darned if I go to Sawgrass after the games...well, maybe Cheesecake on occasion.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 10:42 AM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
Well, the Miami Arena also looked more full because it was a lot smaller than the Bank Atlantic Center. The Miami Arena had a capacity of 14,696. The Bank Atlantic Center has a capacity of 19,250.

StrangeVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Papa044

vCash: 1000
Send a message via AIM to Papa044
miami arena>BAC allday

Papa044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:20 PM
VirtualSpree

league sources report olli jokinen is going to montreal

VirtualSpree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:28 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSpree View Post
league sources report olli jokinen is going to montreal
I'm assuming you mean for the allstar game. Good for him. He's a good player who can put up points and our offense could use him (minus the locker room cancer or w/e).

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 04:28 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther4life View Post
miami arena>BAC allday
See, I don't undertand that at all. The area around the Arena was bad, I didn't like the building at all, and wan't crazy about the overall atmosphere. I love the BAC, especially if you're standing on the balcony and are able to watch the sunset behind the Everglades, it's beautiful. The arena itself is quite nice, and the Sawgrass area has a lot of restaurants and such that are still open after the games.

11-26-2008, 09:26 AM
VAiN*
Infractions are bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther4life View Post
miami arena>BAC allday
Incorrect, unless you like tripping over crackheads on your way to and from the game in hopes that maybe your car will still be where you left it. BAC is easier to get to and is a MUCH nicer building.

So, how's that fantastic Miami arena doing these days?

VAiN* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
See, I don't undertand that at all. The area around the Arena was bad, I didn't like the building at all, and wan't crazy about the overall atmosphere. I love the BAC, especially if you're standing on the balcony and are able to watch the sunset behind the Everglades, it's beautiful. The arena itself is quite nice, and the Sawgrass area has a lot of restaurants and such that are still open after the games.
Laus, I agree with you that the BAC is a beautiful building. But it's just like every other NHL arena in the country in that regard. The Arena just had that atmosphere associated with it. That Slapshot-based "Makin' it look mean!" quality. I'm not explaining it very well, and maybe it's because it was normally a packed (and loud) house, but I actually prefer the old Arena.

Desert Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:35 AM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
Laus, I agree with you that the BAC is a beautiful building. But it's just like every other NHL arena in the country in that regard. The Arena just had that atmosphere associated with it. That Slapshot-based "Makin' it look mean!" quality. I'm not explaining it very well, and maybe it's because it was normally a packed (and loud) house, but I actually prefer the old Arena.
BAC is like disney world. it just doesn't seem real. the old arena was small but it wasn't junk - it wasn't built that long ago. just didn't have the size to add the boxes clubs could sell to the suits. the neighborhood wasn't the greatest but there weren't many problems... aside from that time the riot spread to within a block or two of it.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
The main advantage the Miami Arena had was it's upper bowl seats seemingly were closer to the ice than half the lower bowl seats in the BAC. I lived in Sunrise the entire time before moving a few years back and had season tickets for the entire time at the Miami arena but never got them for the BAC for that reason.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 12:59 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
The main advantage the Miami Arena had was it's upper bowl seats seemingly were closer to the ice than half the lower bowl seats in the BAC. I lived in Sunrise the entire time before moving a few years back and had season tickets for the entire time at the Miami arena but never got them for the BAC for that reason.
That was the case with a lot of old time arenas. A lot of the seats were on top of the ice, thats why there was such an electric atmosphere at the Miami Arena. The problem is strictly commercial and financially now. You will never see arenas like the MA anymore because of the requirements of a level or two of suites. Most arenas around the country are more about getting the most money they can get out of all entertainment events possible in the arena, not so much the games atmosphere. Its an unfortunate part of the times, but its up to the fans to make the atmosphere as "electric" as it can get. I will say that there were times during that seven game streak last March, where the BAC was as loud as it has ever been.

pb1300 is online now   Reply With Quote