HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/26/08 Montreal Canadiens @ Detroit Red Wings 7:30 PM EST (TSNHD, RDSHD)

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2008, 01:01 PM
silkyjohnson50

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Thanks. As for Helm, don't worry most here do know the guy. He almost beat us in the preseason by himself with his speed and skill. Honestly, I was pissed to see that he was recalled and will be playing against us. It's not like the Wings needed help or anything......

As a matter of fact, don't want to talk about everybody else, but I would have been really glad to do a trade to acquire him at some point. Seems to me that he finally found his regular spot like it was suppose to happen anyway. Helm didn't deserve to be send down as far as his play in the preseason. And I didn't just see the game against us but other games as well.
Like i said, Helm is a NHL-ready player. I'm not trying to sound cocky or anything like that, but he'd likely be on the majority of NHL rosters if he wasn't in Detroit.

It's just that, when you look at Detroit's top 9 forwards at full health:

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hossa, Franzen, Filppula, Homlstrom, Cleary, Samuelsson, Hudler, it's hard to find him minutes. And unless he's getting significant minutes in Detroit, it'd be more valuable to play him a ton of minutes in Grand Rapids.

It'll be hard for Detroit to keep him on the bench come playoff time though.

Old
11-26-2008, 01:06 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post
Like i said, Helm is a NHL-ready player. I'm not trying to sound cocky or anything like that, but he'd likely be on the majority of NHL rosters if he wasn't in Detroit.

It's just that, when you look at Detroit's top 9 forwards at full health:

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hossa, Franzen, Filppula, Homlstrom, Cleary, Samuelsson, Hudler, it's hard to find him minutes. And unless he's getting significant minutes in Detroit, it'd be more valuable to play him a ton of minutes in Grand Rapids.

It'll be hard for Detroit to keep him on the bench come playoff time though.
Not cocky at all, just plain realistic. I definately agree with you and he'd be on my team anytime on a 3rd line.

Old
11-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
I'll miss the first two periods due to work, so I better come home to a nice score!

GO HABS GO!

Old
11-26-2008, 01:14 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Anything is possible tonight,usually they give us a beating all the time but maybe this time since they are back from a trip out west hopefully they will be asleep and we can take advantage

GOGO

Old
11-26-2008, 01:15 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I'll miss the first two periods due to work, so I better come home to a nice score!

GO HABS GO!
What do you mean by a nice score?anything under 3?

Old
11-26-2008, 01:36 PM
Batarnac

vCash: 1285
Anyone seen this? http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2008020316

on NHL.com game preview they have the EA SPORTS NHL09 GAME PREDICTIONS saying that Detroit wins this game 3-0, Osgood with the shutout. Obviously we know this won't happen since Osgood is not even playing, but it's the first time I see this and we seem to be the only game today with this feature. Do they do this every day for a different team?

And for tonight, I'm sure we can play good and come out with the win. I have faith in my Habs, in O'Byrne and in Kovalev. I've predicted a 4 goals 1 assist night for Kovalev for almost every game since the start of the season, but this evening is the one.

I'm counting on you Canadiens to bring your A+ game and show Detroit how well we can play when we want it and to give your best every single second you spend on the ice. And I want this to be a new start to a season in wich we'll never give up and never stop working. Enough of those lazy nights, no game is going to be easy and no game is impossible to win.

You are the Montreal Canadiens and you're celebrating your 100th anniversary. Show some pride and play like men. If you can't grasp the concept of playing for the best franchise in the sport and doing everything you can to achieve succes in what might be the most important time in it's history, then maybe you're not meant to be playing hockey.

I love you all, even you weaklings who have already thrown the towel.

GO HABS GO

Make us proud.

Old
11-26-2008, 01:55 PM

Almost as important as a win...tonight's game could allow the Habs to find their game again. Cause if you don't bring your "A" game against Detroit, it can get embarassing. This is a good test for the Habs, i'm actually glad they're playing Detroit

Old
11-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Tortue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batarnac View Post
Anyone seen this? http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2008020316

on NHL.com game preview they have the EA SPORTS NHL09 GAME PREDICTIONS saying that Detroit wins this game 3-0, Osgood with the shutout. Obviously we know this won't happen since Osgood is not even playing, but it's the first time I see this and we seem to be the only game today with this feature. Do they do this every day for a different team?

And for tonight, I'm sure we can play good and come out with the win. I have faith in my Habs, in O'Byrne and in Kovalev. I've predicted a 4 goals 1 assist night for Kovalev for almost every game since the start of the season, but this evening is the one.

I'm counting on you Canadiens to bring your A+ game and show Detroit how well we can play when we want it and to give your best every single second you spend on the ice. And I want this to be a new start to a season in wich we'll never give up and never stop working. Enough of those lazy nights, no game is going to be easy and no game is impossible to win.

You are the Montreal Canadiens and you're celebrating your 100th anniversary. Show some pride and play like men. If you can't grasp the concept of playing for the best franchise in the sport and doing everything you can to achieve succes in what might be the most important time in it's history, then maybe you're not meant to be playing hockey.

I love you all, even you weaklings who have already thrown the towel.

GO HABS GO

Make us proud.
Hi, I'm Mathieu Dandenault's wife and I will make sure to transfer that message to him and his teammates. I also, like you, feel the boys should come out strong and if they do I will make a wonderful supper for all of them. We will have a fun night at the Dandenault's! Fans will be invited too.

Old
11-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortue View Post
Hi, I'm Mathieu Dandenault's wife and I will make sure to transfer that message to him and his teammates. I also, like you, feel the boys should come out strong and if they do I will make a wonderful supper for all of them. We will have a fun night at the Dandenault's! Fans will be invited too.
Do you know Gainey well?If yes you should ask him to put your husband on waivers!! Thanks

Old
11-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Batarnac

vCash: 1285
Quote:
Yowzer!

Old
11-26-2008, 02:12 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Do you know Gainey well?If yes you should ask him to put your husband on waivers!! Thanks

That.Isn't.Funny.

Old
11-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
That.Isn't.Funny.

sure not

Looking at your avatar just got my Sergei Jersey the other day,gonna wear it tonight hopefully he has a great game

Can't wait,another 4 hours

Go Habs Go

Old
11-26-2008, 02:50 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnthomas View Post
I wonder.. if the Wings just take one big bite out of the Habs and you eat some Wings.. does that mean you are eating some Habs? This is an important question as I was thinking of getting some wings for the game as well, but this odd reasoning has me hesitant.
lol...now you got me worried that maybe I should have read this before I headed out to by the wings.

But I like to think about it as sacrificing a chicken (Wings) to please the hockey gods. So that they will look kindly down on our Habs and lead them to victory.

Yes lame I know...I really have no reason. Just a craving for chicken wings.

Old
11-26-2008, 02:51 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

lets go Habs!!!!

Old
11-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not cocky at all, just plain realistic. I definately agree with you and he'd be on my team anytime on a 3rd line.
Ken Holland did say that sending down Helm and Ville Leino after the preseason were among the toughest things he ever had to do as a GM. They're NHL-ready players and they more than earned a roster spot out of camp. Realistically speaking, how do you dump a guy off a team that just won the Cup? Next year should be interesting as the Wings will have no choice but to thin out the ranks.

Good luck and great to see an Eastern O-6 team in town.

Old
11-26-2008, 03:03 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
lol...now you got me worried that maybe I should have read this before I headed out to by the wings.

But I like to think about it as sacrificing a chicken (Wings) to please the hockey gods. So that they will look kindly down on our Habs and lead them to victory.

Yes lame I know...I really have no reason. Just a craving for chicken wings.
Nice save. Lame but still drew a chuckle

I'll probably do some Red hot chicken Wings sacrificing as well (see what I did there?).

Old
11-26-2008, 03:08 PM
zx81

Detroit 4
Montreal 1

Old
11-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnthomas View Post
Nice save. Lame but still drew a chuckle

I'll probably do some Red hot chicken Wings sacrificing as well (see what I did there?).
lol...I did, that sounds like a great idea.

Old
11-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Habs

GO HABS GO! 3-1 MONTREAL!
/

Old
11-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Good luck tonight

I'm really looking forward to this one.. Hopefully it will be as good as the preseason game between the two teams!!

Old
11-26-2008, 03:28 PM
TroyM

I think we will win it tonight, due to my blind faith in the Habs. It's the best way to be I find.

Old
11-26-2008, 03:30 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingsfan View Post
Good luck tonight

I'm really looking forward to this one.. Hopefully it will be as good as the preseason game between the two teams!!
The Habs have been terrible so far, let's hope they play their first good game of the season tonight...

Old
11-26-2008, 03:44 PM
ReVeuF

My heart say Habs 4 Det 2
but my head say Det 4 Habs 2

I am confused...

Old
11-26-2008, 03:49 PM
MastaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
The Habs have been terrible so far, let's hope they play their first good game of the season tonight...
What about the 6-1 win against Toronto, 4-0 against Ottawa, these were games where the players put some effort and things went our way and it can happen. Our team is not bad.

Old
11-26-2008, 03:55 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Is it you on your avatar?

Closed Thread