HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Los Angeles @ Edmonton - 11/26/08 - 7:00 PM

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2008, 02:43 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

vCash: 500
Well...we may just look back at this Alberta road trip as the typical Kings turning point to suckage.

4-2 Oilers

Old
11-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
LaBarbera in net. Boyle out, Richardson in. Armstrong moves up with Handzus and Calder, while Richardson centers Ivanans and Simmonds.

Those are two ****ing terrible lines.
God damn this sucks. 8-2 oilers.

Old
11-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Quattro

Quote:
LaBarbera in net. Boyle out, Richardson in. Armstrong moves up with Handzus and Calder, while Richardson centers Ivanans and Simmonds.

Those are two ****ing terrible lines.
I have no problem with them sitting Boyle. I think they need to rotate the 4th line guys in and out more often rather than having Army and Richardson sitting out for a month at a time. I am surprised they haven't sat Ivanans yet, especially after all the dumb penalties he took yesterday.

oh, and bench Gauthier for god's sake.

Old
11-26-2008, 03:56 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
I have no problem with them sitting Boyle. I think they need to rotate the 4th line guys in and out more often rather than having Army and Richardson sitting out for a month at a time. I am surprised they haven't sat Ivanans yet, especially after all the dumb penalties he took yesterday.

oh, and bench Gauthier for god's sake.
The absolute only reason he's still in the lineup is because he's a left handed shot that plays the left side. We have THREE of these defensemen - that's it.

Once Johnson is back, I fully expect Gauthier to be sat or traded or sent down.

Old
11-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Spawn

In a move that seems to have shocked everyone in Edmonton, Roloson is getting the start...

Old
11-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
In a move that seems to have shocked everyone in Edmonton, Roloson is getting the start...
Makes sense to me. Rest your starter and play your backup against the cellar dweller.

Old
11-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Makes sense to me. Rest your starter and play your backup against the cellar dweller.
Except Garon has been getting the shaft lately. He had a bad game against Pittsburgh 3 weeks ago and hasn't gotten a start since. This will be Roloson's 6th straight start and he's lost 4 of 5, including getting blown out last game against the Wings and getting yanked 10 minutes in after letting in 3 goals on 10 shots.

Garon comes in relief, and stops 24 of 25 shots allowing the Oilers to almost come back.

Everything pointed to Garon getting the start tonight, this move just does not make sense.

Old
11-26-2008, 04:20 PM
KayD86

Quote:

actually, much to my chagrin, Garon is now sorta our back up. Roli is our go-to guy for the moment *sigh* If Garon is in Edmonton next season....i will be very surprised

BUT ANYWAYS good luck.....hopefully it will be close game and neither team gets embarrassed....but of course the oil will win

how is Stolly and Greener these days good...not so good?

Old
11-26-2008, 04:28 PM
kingscup
MBML

Send a message via AIM to kingscup
Quote:
Except Garon has been getting the shaft lately. He had a bad game against Pittsburgh 3 weeks ago and hasn't gotten a start since. This will be Roloson's 6th straight start and he's lost 4 of 5, including getting blown out last game against the Wings and getting yanked 10 minutes in after letting in 3 goals on 10 shots.

Garon comes in relief, and stops 24 of 25 shots allowing the Oilers to almost come back.

Everything pointed to Garon getting the start tonight, this move just does not make sense.
Why not Drouin-Deslauriers?

Old
11-26-2008, 04:29 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayD86 View Post
how is Stolly and Greener these days good...not so good?
This is a separate thread about them and you'll find very mixed reactions from Kings fans.

My take:

Stoll has been as advertised. 2nd line center, good on face-offs misses the net a lot

Greene- has been better than expected IMO. I was told he was a 5-6th d-man and he has been top 3 IMO. He has been pretty close to a rock defensively.

Old
11-26-2008, 04:31 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingscup View Post
Why not Drouin-Deslauriers?
No idea... I'm struggling with understanding this choice.

Old
11-26-2008, 04:39 PM
sueroe

I hope Richardson does well. Thats pretty rough coming in after that long sitting out.
Hope the Kings get it together tonight!

Old
11-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Who else knew Boyle was going to be out? Come one all of you, raise your hands.

Old
11-26-2008, 05:21 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:

Not to mention Garon gets amped up when he plays his former team.

Something finally went the Kings way re: the opposing team's goaltending.

Old
11-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/standings/

Just sayin.

Old
11-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Mr.Prez
Why not Zoidberg?

vCash: 129
Oh my... the MacT hatred spreads as far as HERE!!?!?

Next I'll be seeing the "The official fire MacTavish thread" started in the Jacksonville Jaguars off-topic forum

Old
11-26-2008, 05:30 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Who else knew Boyle was going to be out? Come one all of you, raise your hands.
Of course he is, although Armstrong was even worse last night and would have had the same amount of penalties if the refs had caught his double-minor high stick on Phaneuf.

Against Edmonton, there is no reason for Ivanans in the lineup. Greene or O'Donnell can more than adequately hug it out with Stortini.

DB/Kop/POS
Moller/Stoll/Richardson
Boyle/Handzus/Frolov
Calder/Armstrong/Simmonds

That's what I would do for tonight. Might not be ideal but either are the two weak-ass lines TM will be rolling after the Top 2.

Boyle is never going to make it as a 4th line plugger working with two guys like Armstrong and Ivanans. He has offensive skill but needs someone with good offensive skill to work with as well. Frolov seems to make every line better when he's on it so why not use him to try and jump-start Boyle?

Calder is an anchor on every line he is on so go ahead and throw him on the line you don't expect to score anyways. If Simmonds earns it and Richardson isn't playing well, then move Simmonds up and put Richardson down to the 4th.

Either way, this idea that Ivanans can skate a regular shift is a joke. If he could skate a regular shift, he wouldn't have to take so many lazy penalties. Guy sure can skate....in a straight line. It's just too bad that hockey has all that darn turning as well as stopping and starting. He looked a lot better when the majority of the rest of the team sucked as well but now that this team finds itself in a lot of 1-goal games, I can't cut him slack anymore by saying "he skates well for a tough guy."

I'm inclined to believe that the fix is still in every time I see him out there against the other teams top lines AT STAPLES in a 1-goal game with 5 minutes in the 3rd.

Old
11-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

A Kings win tonight might get MacTavish fired, so as a thank you for the Gretzky trade, please torch the Oilers tonight. 5-2 would be good, 6-0 would be the ****.

Old
11-26-2008, 05:31 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:

Kings will make Roloson look like Roy tonight, so no worries.

Kings offensive woes continue. Oilers win 4-1.

Old
11-26-2008, 05:33 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
It doesn't really matter. A street cone in net could stop the Kings' offense right now.

Old
11-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Fangio

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
A Kings win tonight might get MacTavish fired, so as a thank you for the Gretzky trade, please torch the Oilers tonight. 5-2 would be good, 6-0 would be the ****.
I really like both teams and I want the Kings to win just to read the aftermath on the Oilers' board. Roloson starting is very strange, something unsettling about it, all signs pointed to Garon getting the call.

This game will be on TSN in Canada. So let's hope the Kings have their best effort especially after they got their royal ass beat last night.

Old
11-26-2008, 05:40 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Just in case some of the Kings players read the Kings board() I'd like to send them a friendly reminder...

Old
11-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Just in case some of the Kings players read the Kings board() I'd like to send them a friendly reminder...

Well, dammit, now you did it. They're going to think that's what's supposed to happen when they're on defense. You think last night was bad, wait until they see this before tonight's game...double digits, easily.

Old
11-26-2008, 05:55 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Well, dammit, now you did it. They're going to think that's what's supposed to happen when they're on defense. You think last night was bad, wait until they see this before tonight's game...double digits, easily.
It's a win win situation... Kings win and make us happy or Kings lose and move the team closer to a high draft pick.

Old
11-26-2008, 06:09 PM
MxK1NGS

Has anyone found a link for tonight's game?
I am looking forward to see Lubo kick our a** tonight and make DL look an idiot!

****400th Post****

Closed Thread