HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Landon Wilson

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-14-2008, 12:13 PM
  #1
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,974
vCash: 500
Landon Wilson

Got a quick question.

What are the chances of Landon Wilson suiting up for the Stars this season?

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 01:13 PM
  #2
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,772
vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
Got a quick question.

What are the chances of Landon Wilson suiting up for the Stars this season?
I'm going with 0% to start the season. To get a call up, 3 to 5 forwards would have to be hurt at the same time.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 03:14 PM
  #3
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I'm going with 0% to start the season. To get a call up, 3 to 5 forwards would have to be hurt at the same time.
Thank you.

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 04:00 PM
  #4
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,506
vCash: 50
The Mike Sillinger Project will have to wait.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 08:25 AM
  #5
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
I though he was not going to play hockey very much longer and start to get into the coaching ranks.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 08:04 AM
  #6
PrarieSniper
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
Good to see him get a goal in his second game up. Not playing alot but filling in admirably. From what I've read, a good guy who was almost finished with hockey a few years ago when he got a puck in the eye.

PrarieSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 08:23 AM
  #7
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,772
vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I'm going with 0% to start the season. To get a call up, 3 to 5 forwards would have to be hurt at the same time.
LOL, I forgot about this.

Morrow, Lehtinen, Lundqvist, and Ott are out with injuries while Crombeen gets lost to waivers, and Landon gets a chance with Dallas. Well, I guess he was called up before Ott went out.

I'd still like to see Sawada get a chance, but God, I like Wilson over Conner.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 08:34 AM
  #8
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
LOL, I forgot about this.

Morrow, Lehtinen, Lundqvist, and Ott are out with injuries while Crombeen gets lost to waivers, and Landon gets a chance with Dallas. Well, I guess he was called up before Ott went out.

I'd still like to see Sawada get a chance, but God, I like Wilson over Conner.
When will Dallas realize that Conner is worthless? They need to leave him in the minors or trade him and get a late pick.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 08:55 AM
  #9
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,772
vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
When will Dallas realize that Conner is worthless? They need to leave him in the minors or trade him and get a late pick.
If by late pick you mean conditional 7th they will never acquire then yes.

See Marty Sertich.

They're best bet would be to trade him for another AHLer.

See Junior Lessard for Dan Jancevski.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 10:52 AM
  #10
txomisc
Registered User
 
txomisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
When will Dallas realize that Conner is worthless? They need to leave him in the minors or trade him and get a late pick.
Cpnner looked pretty good in the last game. His speed is certainly dangerous. If you have to have a cheap fill in guy it might as well be him.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 11:32 AM
  #11
theheadmata
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 607
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to theheadmata
I think Conner's speed catches the other team off guard, and it showed in the last game. This may continue to happen for a couple games, but I imagine eventually other teams will get wise to it and shut him down with hard checks when they are available since he isn't exactly physically imposing at 5'8"(?).

theheadmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 12:35 PM
  #12
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,772
vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by theheadmata View Post
I think Conner's speed catches the other team off guard, and it showed in the last game. This may continue to happen for a couple games, but I imagine eventually other teams will get wise to it and shut him down with hard checks when they are available since he isn't exactly physically imposing at 5'8"(?).
Plus, didn't his callups in the last 2 years end with injuries.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 12:38 PM
  #13
Caseman
Registered User
 
Caseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,978
vCash: 500
Conner reminds me of Hagman. All the speed in the world, but no finish ability what's-so-ever

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 12:49 PM
  #14
piqued
Global Moderator
go
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,724
vCash: 27750
Except that Hagman has plenty finishing ability.

piqued is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 01:33 PM
  #15
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,772
vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
Except that Hagman has plenty finishing ability.
Yeah, it's kind of hard to bag on a guy for finishing ability when he scored 27 goals last year.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 01:35 PM
  #16
theheadmata
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 607
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to theheadmata
How about we amend that statement then...

Hagman has no *clutch* finishing ability.

Actually didn't he score quite a few SHGs?

theheadmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 01:38 PM
  #17
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,772
vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by theheadmata View Post
How about we amend that statement then...

Hagman has no *clutch* finishing ability.

Actually didn't he score quite a few SHGs?
Yes, to the many SHG's.

I'll go with you on "clutch". He was miserable in the playoffs last year. He had 2 goals in one game, and I think that was it.

Of course, it didnít help that he was playing 4th line minutes either.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 06:54 PM
  #18
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus
 
DaStars99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,934
vCash: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Yes, to the many SHG's.

I'll go with you on "clutch". He was miserable in the playoffs last year. He had 2 goals in one game, and I think that was it.

Of course, it didnít help that he was playing 4th line minutes either.
and lets no forget one of those 2 was a EN

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 06:59 PM
  #19
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,772
vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaStars99 View Post
and lets no forget one of those 2 was a EN
Oh yeah, I forget that part.

I do remember that he played with Richards that game. It's hard to score goals on the 4th line. Dallas was only playing 3 lines some games in the playoffs.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.