HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Please don't boo O'Byrne

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-26-2008, 02:04 PM
  #51
Turbo
Registered User
 
Turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Greys section 325
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post

Its good to see someone with head on their shoulders posting on these boards!
Check is in the mail.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 02:24 PM
  #52
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post

Its good to see someone with head on their shoulders posting on these boards!
Check is in the mail.
I thought he was just referring to your avatar.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 02:47 PM
  #53
BadHabit
Registered User
 
BadHabit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Actually I'm all for booing O'Byrne... I mean, if the fans are going to boo Streit who did nothing but good for us, why not boo a guy who has been actually costing us games?

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 02:48 PM
  #54
Turbo
Registered User
 
Turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Greys section 325
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I thought he was just referring to your avatar.
That actually makes more sense.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 02:59 PM
  #55
Newhabfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,044
vCash: 500
As someone else said here, the boo-ers do this for only one reason - for their entertainment, AKA to have fun. They are not doing it in an attemt to help O'Byrne.

Therefore the argument "Booing O'Byrne is not deserved and it will not help him turn into a good player" is moot. The boo-ers do not care about this as long as they have their fun, one way or another.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 03:00 PM
  #56
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
Actually I'm all for booing O'Byrne... I mean, if the fans are going to boo Streit who did nothing but good for us, why not boo a guy who has been actually costing us games?
Because your booing a current Montreal Canadiens player hurts the team. It hurts the confidence and development of young players, it forces players with potential out of Montreal only to blossom in other cities, and it causes big name free agents to sign elsewhere. Make no mistake, many of our current players were really ticked about the fans reaction to O'Byrne's gaffe.

I would like to see Habs fans redeem themselves by giving O'Byrne a big ovation next game. That would be classy but unfortunately Habs fans aren't known around hockey for class.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 03:19 PM
  #57
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
And you'll decide who's a retard or redneck. Must be your nature, culture and education.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 03:44 PM
  #58
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
I won't boo the guy, but he belongs in the AHL to fine tune his game. I'm hoping he doesn't try too much tonight because of the heat. Maybe this is a better wake up call than the AHL, who knows.

However, I'm getting ****ing sick of people treating O'Byrne like he is a little baby who needs to be treated like delicate glass about this. He is a man, he's been taking this all in strides so far, and if he goes to the AHL at some point, don't act as if this will shatter his soul and he'll shoot himself.

Steve Smith ended up having a fantastic career after the playoff gaffe. Not comparing the two, I'm just saying, don't baby the guy (Smith had Edmonton fans chant "SHOOT!" at him any time he touched the puck behind the net).

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 06:30 PM
  #59
BadHabit
Registered User
 
BadHabit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Perhaps Carey Price shouldn't have gotten sent back down to Hamilton last year then. We all know how badly it hurt his confidence.

Why the heck is O'Byrne any different in this situation? He certainly isn't at the level of NHL readiness that Price was at last year - and Price had a lot more to prove trying to become a #1 goaltender. All O'Bryne has to do is be a half decent 5-6 pairing dman but he's struggling. I don't know why everyone is against sending him back down to regain some confidence - it makes no sense.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 08:38 PM
  #60
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,067
vCash: 500
give it up for O'Byrne. This is probably his best game of the year. He is amazing out there.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 08:39 PM
  #61
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
Perhaps Carey Price shouldn't have gotten sent back down to Hamilton last year then. We all know how badly it hurt his confidence.

Why the heck is O'Byrne any different in this situation? He certainly isn't at the level of NHL readiness that Price was at last year - and Price had a lot more to prove trying to become a #1 goaltender. All O'Bryne has to do is be a half decent 5-6 pairing dman but he's struggling. I don't know why everyone is against sending him back down to regain some confidence - it makes no sense.
Price was sent down because our schedule was light for a couple weeks and he wasn't going to get a chance to play, so he was sent down for a chance to play regularly.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 08:57 PM
  #62
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
I agree that people have been a little hard on Obyrne but I do think we should bring up Weber. I dont know.... just have a man-crush on Weber.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:04 PM
  #63
Cyrrus147
Registered User
 
Cyrrus147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
give it up for O'Byrne. This is probably his best game of the year. He is amazing out there.
Yes, if you forget that he s giving more gifts than Santa Claus !

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:05 PM
  #64
Travis Moen
Registered User
 
Travis Moen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montréal
Posts: 1,816
vCash: 500
He isn't helping himself...

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:06 PM
  #65
speed11
Registered User
 
speed11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country:
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
give it up for O'Byrne. This is probably his best game of the year. He is amazing out there.
was this before the blatant turnover and then getting 'inside outed, like twice...?

...but besides that one play, i agree, this was a very good game played by Obyrne, hope he keeps it up and keep the gaffs under control...

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:07 PM
  #66
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,991
vCash: 500
Price is going to kill him one day

I like the guy and think he will be solid 1 day,however I still think hes not NHL ready as of yet

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:08 PM
  #67
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,407
vCash: 500
He was a MONSTER tonight!

They had him and Hammer Lick against the top line all night and they didn't do much until it was over.

The Habs played a "dirty" game tonight. Finally a few shots went in.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:08 PM
  #68
BadHabit
Registered User
 
BadHabit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Price was sent down because our schedule was light for a couple weeks and he wasn't going to get a chance to play, so he was sent down for a chance to play regularly.
You call 10 games and a month out of the NHL a light schedule. Get real man.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:09 PM
  #69
BadHabit
Registered User
 
BadHabit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Price is going to kill him one day

I like the guy and think he will be solid 1 day,however I still think hes not NHL ready as of yet
Agree 100%

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:26 PM
  #70
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Emotive, moving pleas to not boo O'Byrne are all fine and dandy, but if O'Byrne plays well, fans will quieten down. Maybe if he threw just one hard bodycheck, fans would cheer. It's up to him to turn the tide.
Nailed it. Prove something. I'd never boo him. Still, can't stand his play. It might happen though in the near future (only after a gaff though...see P. Brisebois) unless he DOES throw a massive hit which i hope he does instead of missing the guy completely leading to a breakaway (currently the more likely scenario).

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:28 PM
  #71
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He was a MONSTER tonight!

They had him and Hammer Lick against the top line all night and they didn't do much until it was over.

The Habs played a "dirty" game tonight. Finally a few shots went in.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:33 PM
  #72
MastaK
 
MastaK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
He played well tonight, except on the Franzen goal.

MastaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:34 PM
  #73
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He was a MONSTER tonight!

They had him and Hammer Lick against the top line all night and they didn't do much until it was over.

The Habs played a "dirty" game tonight. Finally a few shots went in.
Sorry CP I disagree. He did play well at times and did make some good outlet passes. But there were still many times where he looked lost. Also for such a big guy, I'm puzzled at how easily he's pushed around out there.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:35 PM
  #74
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Because your booing a current Montreal Canadiens player hurts the team. It hurts the confidence and development of young players, it forces players with potential out of Montreal only to blossom in other cities, and it causes big name free agents to sign elsewhere. Make no mistake, many of our current players were really ticked about the fans reaction to O'Byrne's gaffe.

I would like to see Habs fans redeem themselves by giving O'Byrne a big ovation next game. That would be classy but unfortunately Habs fans aren't known around hockey for class.
Man...enough of this "class" thing. So ridiculous. If you did have to attribute a quality to this very arbitrary criterion, then I think if you watch any of the great moments in our history, we have amazing class. News flash. There's a place in the BC called the Zone Molsen X. It's like people were never here for the Breezer 43 era.

giving him a standing O? why would that be classy? What does that say? I assume you think it means we will be telling him like a supportive parent that we care and wish the best for him, but come on, a little far fetched. Wait...maybe you're being sarcastic.

Like Roy said, we demanded the most out of everyone. We havn't poured beer on O'bryne yet, so I think he's getting a lesson (still waiting for him to learn it). We will reward him when he rewards us. Not before. Give him a cookie every game he doesn't cost us a goal.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:50 PM
  #75
playbedar
Registered User
 
playbedar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Granby, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 828
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to playbedar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Houde View Post
I used to like Les Justiciers Masqués but now I just think they aren't funny at all. My little brothers is funnier than them and I can assure you my little brother is close to not funny at all.

Booing O'Byrne would just be bad for him and the team. I like O'Byrne and I would never boo any Habs player but I definitely think Gainey should give Weber a chance. He can't be worst than O'Byrne in his own zone (cause that's impossible since a couple of games) and he would be a nice add to the powerplay.

Good game tonight, just hope it won't be like the one against the Sens.

playbedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.