HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gino Pisellini

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2004, 09:50 PM
flip588

vCash: 500
Gino Pisellini

Check out this interview with the recent Flyers' draftee and the fight video at the bottom of the page, he creams his opponent! Only bad thing is he says his favourite team is the Red Wings. Sounds like quit a fierce competitor.

Gino Pisellini Interview plus Fight Video

Old
07-14-2004, 10:14 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip588
Check out this interview with the recent Flyers' draftee and the fight video at the bottom of the page, he creams his opponent! Only bad thing is he says his favourite team is the Red Wings. Sounds like quit a fierce competitor.

Gino Pisellini Interview plus Fight Video
Hexy hated the Flyers growing up.

Old
07-14-2004, 10:24 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

I like how when he dropped the guy, he just skated away, some guys would just keep punching away

Old
07-14-2004, 11:50 PM
paxtang

I actually posted this a while ago in the draft thread. Of course he likes the Wings, he's from the area.

Kramer gives a very good write up on Gino's season here at FC
http://www.hockey-fights.com/forums/...b=5&o=&fpart=1 if you want a little more info on the guy. I know a few people were pissed at us picking him, but I for one am excited about getting both him and Grant.

Old
07-15-2004, 12:50 AM
daynus

Nice

Really Nice.

This guy has a purpose. And the Checking line will be a good spot for him.

Old
07-15-2004, 03:15 AM
Brad*

I like him, he sounds like a 1930s mobster. Can't have enough of those on the team.

Old
07-15-2004, 09:59 AM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
I like how when he dropped the guy, he just skated away, some guys would just keep punching away
It's because he was in shock.

Old
07-15-2004, 10:05 AM
Pontifex Maximus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
I actually posted this a while ago in the draft thread. Of course he likes the Wings, he's from the area.

Kramer gives a very good write up on Gino's season here at FC
http://www.hockey-fights.com/forums/...b=5&o=&fpart=1 if you want a little more info on the guy. I know a few people were pissed at us picking him, but I for one am excited about getting both him and Grant.
15-15 as a rookie and he's called a goon and written off here at the boards. Not to worry, probably the same few people who have been wrong about other draftees.

Old
07-15-2004, 12:36 PM
DanStewartFC
HFB Partner

I for one think you guys found a steal in the draft. IMHO, if he gets the minutes in the NHL, He could develop into a future PF type with 20+ goal potential in the NHL. Reminds me of McCarty. Sure McCarty scored more in junior but all hockey leagues have put a emphasis on defence in the last 10 years so to compair is not too fair. I have been following Pisellini's play for about a year and a half now in hopes that Detroit might draft him. His skating is average, but He has a good first stride. Stickhandling is weak, but he is more of a banger anyway. Hands are better than his numbers indicated as well. To bad all the Wings draft are Sweds.

Old
07-15-2004, 12:42 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup4Wings
I for one think you guys found a steal in the draft. IMHO, if he gets the minutes in the NHL, He could develop into a future PF type with 20+ goal potential in the NHL. Reminds me of McCarty. Sure McCarty scored more in junior but all hockey leagues have put a emphasis on defence in the last 10 years so to compair is not too fair. I have been following Pisellini's play for about a year and a half now in hopes that Detroit might draft him. His skating is average, but He has a good first stride. Stickhandling is weak, but he is more of a banger anyway. Hands are better than his numbers indicated as well. To bad all the Wings draft are Sweds.
Great to hear from someone who has seen him play - thanks.
If you want to drop by now and then once his season starts if you keep watching that would be appreciated.

Pontifex, do you get to see him as well??

Old
07-15-2004, 01:16 PM
daynus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus
15-15 as a rookie and he's called a goon and written off here at the boards. Not to worry, probably the same few people who have been wrong about other draftees.
And those few americans that have been wrong about Bush. lol.

Old
07-15-2004, 03:06 PM
Yertle The Turtle

Send a message via AIM to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via MSN to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via Yahoo to Yertle The Turtle
Is he one of those players that can just come in next year and play on the fourth line

Old
07-15-2004, 03:56 PM
Pontifex Maximus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by daynus
And those few americans that have been wrong about Bush. lol.
I don't get it.

Old
07-15-2004, 03:57 PM
Pontifex Maximus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
Great to hear from someone who has seen him play - thanks.
If you want to drop by now and then once his season starts if you keep watching that would be appreciated.

Pontifex, do you get to see him as well??
Hopefully in the prospect camp next week. Other than that, no.

Old
07-15-2004, 03:58 PM
DanStewartFC
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfreak941
Is he one of those players that can just come in next year and play on the fourth line
I would say that he needs 2 years in the O and then another 1 or 2 years in the AHL before He can make that jump. PF's take a long time to develop.

Old
07-15-2004, 04:28 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSpeedOnly
It's because he was in shock.
Well, if you read the link I posted, it was much more flattering of his fighting abilities than what you gave, and I've also seen sevral of his fights. But of course, you're bias agains the guy woudln't be causing you to underrate him, woudl it???

Old
07-15-2004, 07:22 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
Well, if you read the link I posted, it was much more flattering of his fighting abilities than what you gave, and I've also seen sevral of his fights. But of course, you're bias agains the guy woudln't be causing you to underrate him, woudl it???
Actually I don't mind the guy at all, just think he's a horrible waste of a pick.

Old
07-15-2004, 09:32 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSpeedOnly
Actually I don't mind the guy at all, just think he's a horrible waste of a pick.
"Pisellini goes to the net hard, it's true and apart from spearing,cross checking and getting his ass kicked it's about all he does well."

"You know what, that's your opinion, you might love cheapshotters and divers on you team, I don't."

These were the comments I was referring to. It's obvious you don't like the guy. But my specific response was about your descriptions of him as a fighter, saying he is good at getting his ass kicked, that the reason he didn't beat on a guy he dropped was because he was so suprised that he actually TKO'd someone. Your descriptions of his fighting ability TO ME seem skewed, and the only reason I can see for that is because he doesn't play for your team, and he seem slike the kind of guy that you wouldn't like playing against. From everything I've seen of him and read from him from credibile fight posters, Pisellini had a very solid rookie campaign, many would have given him rookie of the year in the O for his fighting. He needs to work on a left and get a little bigger, and he'll never be a heavy in the NHL, but he definetly has fighting ability. You don't have to like him or his pick, but I just wish you would stop saying that he is a bad fighter, becauses evidence doesn't back you up.

Closed Thread