HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tanguay out with injury

Old
11-27-2008, 09:12 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Looked like Gorges got caught with knee bent, right on area where pant rides up a little when you're in that position so no padding. I got hit by a puck there on weekend, have a dinner plate sized purple bruise, I guarantee you the shot Gorges took from Lidstrom was A LOT harder than the one that hit me, ouch.
Gorges is a monster,first on the leg that shot from Lidstrom and then he made that save with his open hand,that hurt as well,I really like this kid and he's only getting better

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:16 AM
Newhabfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
How in hell do you come up with this stuff? Ridiculous.
I agree I don't have precise numbers. And I doubt anyone has them. In fact, my fault was not to say that those numbers are arbitrary choices of mine. I'm ready to apologise and replace them with the numbers you would suggest.

The risk of (unintentional) injury in a hit like this, in your opinion is what?

1 in a million
1 in a thousand
1% ??

Except if you say 0% (hard to defend), the size does not really matter. It is a move with a risk of injury. There is a decision to be made - either you accept the risks (like they do in football - they wont forbid tackling because it has a high risk of injury would they?) or you say they should be prevented.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:18 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
It was a hit within the rules. However it is a hit that has a 5-10% chance of injury, and maybe a 1% chance of career ending injury.

What do you do with those? Either you acept it as casualties of war (there are stupider way to get injured in hockey - see Zednik and the guy that dropped a skate on his leg in the lockerroom) or you say that they are preventable and you have to remove this (so far legit) hits from the game making the game less physical.

Tough choice but has to be made.
Oh god, please...

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the hit. Komisarek and Bouillon lay hits out like that all the time.

Had Tanguay not gotten hurt, nobody would be saying anything about the hit being dirty. It was a very good hit.

It wasn't a head shot, it wasn't late, he didn't charge him, and Tanguay saw him coming.

Injuries happen all the time and it sucks when it happens to one of yuor good players, but it is part of playing a contact game. You have to accept it. We can't take everything that has a chance of turning into an injury out of the game.
Otherwise, we'd be watching ringette.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
I agree I don't have precise numbers. And I doubt anyone has them. In fact, my fault was not to say that those numbers are arbitrary choices of mine. I'm ready to apologise and replace them with the numbers you would suggest.

The risk of (unintentional) injury in a hit like this, in your opinion is what?

1 in a million
1 in a thousand
1% ??

Except if you say 0% (hard to defend), the size does not really matter. It is a move with a risk of injury. There is a decision to be made - either you accept the risks (like they do in football - they wont forbid tackling because it has a high risk of injury do you?) or you say they should be prevented.
LOL, you were serious? There is risk of injury on each and every play in the NHL. It's obvious that players accept it. Trying to quantify that risk of injury (more so for one particular play) is a waste of time.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:37 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
Can you guys say...Pacioretty?
Not really D'Agostini derserves a good looking at.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:48 AM
Turbo

So whiplash (torticolie) or something like that?

Hopefully doesn't drag on too long. These things can unfortunately take a while (though my personal experience is hardly a reference for how high level athletes respond).

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
LOL, you were serious? There is risk of injury on each and every play in the NHL. It's obvious that players accept it. Trying to quantify that risk of injury (more so for one particular play) is a waste of time.
I don't see why we are arguing when we are basically saying the same thing. My point is that there are moves/hits that have the (hard to estimate) potential to injure the opponent, completely unintentional. The risk is there, sh.t happened and will happen again.

The difference with head hits is mainly in the risk percentage - some head hits (see Ruutu on Lapierre) do not end in injury but many do. More than for regular hits, like Stuart's.

Anyway - I'm not for restricting this kind of hits in anyway - it would lead to a low physical play that noone wants here.

In football there are several important injuries at each game, caused by perfectly legal moves and noone suggest changing them.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Gorges is a monster,first on the leg that shot from Lidstrom and then he made that save with his open hand,that hurt as well,I really like this kid and he's only getting better
Always cringe when I see guys palm down hard shots, it's so easy to fracture the little, delicate bones in your hand. The worst habit though is Komisarek always opening his foot to cover more space blocking shots with the wider inside of his boot. I hope his skates have special kevlar lining there or something otherwise he's due for a broken ankle.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:22 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Seriously, people need to get off the Pacioretty thing. His season so far in Hmailton is proving he needs at least this year maybe part of next year, if there is a reason to hold back prospects and make sure they are 100% ready it's Detroit. Another good reason is the CBA. If we need an injury call up right now it should be Chipchura or D'angostini up front and Carle on defense(don't think Henry is on an NHL deal). Let guys like White Maxwell Pacioretty Weber put in the development time.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
I don't see why we are arguing when we are basically saying the same thing. My point is that there are moves/hits that have the (hard to estimate) potential to injure the opponent, completely unintentional. The risk is there, sh.t happened and will happen again.

The difference with head hits is mainly in the risk percentage - some head hits (see Ruutu on Lapierre) do not end in injury but many do. More than for regular hits, like Stuart's.

Anyway - I'm not for restricting this kind of hits in anyway - it would lead to a low physical play that noone wants here.

In football there are several important injuries at each game, caused by perfectly legal moves and noone suggest changing them.
Whaty you don't get is that nobody gives a rat's *** about the percentage of injuries on clean hits. Give it up.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 12:12 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
If Tanguay is out, Komisarek goes on injured reserve we either call up D'Agostini or Chipchura.

D'Agostini deserves a call up for how he's lighting up the AHL. But if Chipchura gets called up, it might spell the end for either Lapierre,Dandenault or Begin in the line-up when Tanguay comes back healthy, along with Latendresse.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Dripper

vCash: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
If Tanguay is out, Komisarek goes on injured reserve we either call up D'Agostini or Chipchura.

D'Agostini deserves a call up for how he's lighting up the AHL. But if Chipchura gets called up, it might spell the end for either Lapierre,Dandenault or Begin in the line-up when Tanguay comes back healthy, along with Latendresse.
The Dandenault-Lapierre-Bégin line has been impressive the past two games. Is both Tanguay and Latendresse are out for Friday, D'Agostini should get the call first.

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote