HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs play a solid road game, Habs win

Old
11-27-2008, 10:25 AM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
Good game played by the Habs...Carbo had a plan, and the boys executed well. This was the first time all season where everyone seemed to be skating, nice to see. Now off to Washington, hopefully Markov gets Ovy drunk on Thursday night, and Ovy has a hangover for friday's game...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Good game played by the Habs...Carbo had a plan, and the boys executed well. This was the first time all season where everyone seemed to be skating, nice to see. Now off to Washington, hopefully Markov gets Ovy drunk on Thursday night, and Ovy has a hangover for friday's game...
Indeed. That win had Guy Carbonneau written all over it. I think it's the game that this team resembled Guy Carbonneau's style on the ice the most since he's coaching here. (well that I recall anyway). That game was won by sound defensive positioning and the infamous t-word (the trap) imo.

That's what happens when players listen to and buy into a smart, systematic coaching plan. It doesn't make for the most action-packed hockey to watch but it's effective.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Habs played very well, and for once got some lucky bounces which may mean their luck is turning for the better now. IMO, Montreal had something to prove, while Detroit didn't think the Habs would be a strong adversary. They can play much tighter on defense. But that's the point, eastern teams are now fearful of the Habs and give it all they've got to try and beat the Habs, which is something the Habs will eventually overcome, and once this is done, teams won't be so eager to beat them compared to other teams, because the Habs will get better at beating them at full steam, so they'll know that even if they play full steam, the Habs will still be able to beat them. And it is exactly what happened to the Wings last night. The Habs were in the same mindset as those eastern teams that go up against the Habs.

Now I hope Boudreau puts Theodore in net on Friday.

We can beat Washington and we have a score to settle with the Sabres.

Oh, and thankfully, the Wings are going up against the Ruins on Saturday. I hope the Wings will want to prove they can beat another of the better teams in the East. I hope the Ruins go down in flames.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 12:55 PM
coupes

Theo in nets, as per RDS

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/264306.html

coupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Habs_46

After Last Years 5-1 Loss To Detroit I Knew We Were Not Really Cup Contenders But After This Performance I Know That With A Good Effort From All Our Players We Have A Chance

Habs_46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 02:09 PM
AH

Best defensive effort in a very long time.

That's the way to play if we want to go far ...

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 03:02 PM
lxzred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
You would not see the red line if it was aligned, the post would hide the red line and more, rendering the angle useless.
I don't get your logic...
If the crossbar was perfectly aligned with the goal line then any puck you could clearly see pass the crossbar would be clearly a goal.
Rendering the angle useful.

lxzred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxzred View Post
I don't get your logic...
If the crossbar was perfectly aligned with the goal line then any puck you could clearly see pass the crossbar would be clearly a goal.
Rendering the angle useful.
The crossbar is larger than the goalline, thus hiding a little bit in front and behind the goalline. Plays that comes to cm of going in or not could not be judged from that angle. Matter of fact, on that goal that was rejected, we probably could not have seen the puck from that angle.

I did not create that **** up by myself, why you think everyone in the NHL does it, for the heck of it?

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 03:54 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_46 View Post
After Last Years 5-1 Loss To Detroit I Knew We Were Not Really Cup Contenders But After This Performance I Know That With A Good Effort From All Our Players We Have A Chance
You put waaaay to much stock in one game.

We could have easily beaten Detroit 3-1 in a game last year if we had an amazing game and they played poorly, just like they could have easily blown us out 5-1 this year, if we played like we did against Boston.

So if we lose against Washington next game, does it mean we don't really have a chance to make it out of the East?

No wonder people get so panicked when we lose a game. One day, you're a cup contender, the other you're not.

Just like that...

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Habs played very well, and for once got some lucky bounces which may mean their luck is turning for the better now. IMO, Montreal had something to prove, while Detroit didn't think the Habs would be a strong adversary. They can play much tighter on defense. But that's the point, eastern teams are now fearful of the Habs and give it all they've got to try and beat the Habs, which is something the Habs will eventually overcome, and once this is done, teams won't be so eager to beat them compared to other teams, because the Habs will get better at beating them at full steam, so they'll know that even if they play full steam, the Habs will still be able to beat them. And it is exactly what happened to the Wings last night. The Habs were in the same mindset as those eastern teams that go up against the Habs.
Now I hope Boudreau puts Theodore in net on Friday.

We can beat Washington and we have a score to settle with the Sabres.

Oh, and thankfully, the Wings are going up against the Ruins on Saturday. I hope the Wings will want to prove they can beat another of the better teams in the East. I hope the Ruins go down in flames.
LOL, Ciccone repeated word for word on LaZone just a few minutes ago what I wrote today. I wonder if he comes here.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:05 PM
lxzred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
The crossbar is larger than the goalline, thus hiding a little bit in front and behind the goalline. Plays that comes to cm of going in or not could not be judged from that angle. Matter of fact, on that goal that was rejected, we probably could not have seen the puck from that angle.

I did not create that **** up by myself, why you think everyone in the NHL does it, for the heck of it?
Who gives a rat's a$$ about before the goal line or on the goal line all you have to see is after the goal line clearly.
I really don't get your "superior" logic.

lxzred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:30 PM
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt

Quote:
LOL, Ciccone repeated word for word on LaZone just a few minutes ago what I wrote today. I wonder if he comes here.
not saying he did, but it doesn't seem far fetched to me to think a lot of those talking heads, producers, video clip people search around the internet for a popular opinion, beats having your own or doing any work when someone else can do it for you (and with the number 1 nhl forums on the net here at HF...)

we know for certain bob mackenzie comes here (but he's one of the good ones i think)

take ryan o'byrne for example, they bash the hell out of him at first, and when they realize most fans feel sorry for the guy they run a bunch of clips of other players that have put the puck in their own net (they do this for ad money, get you involved emotionally some way, on their wavelength so you're more likely to buy something)

not just hockey media either, but that's a whole other ballgame/ conspiracy

Last edited by hackeyisneat: 11-27-2008 at 11:40 PM.
hackeyisneat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
To be fair, it is very simple logic that most people could follow, Even cicco... nevermind.

But yes, very plausible theory. Thought about it a while ago, as you probably did.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote