HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Obnoxious "So Called" Habs fans, what can we do?

Old
11-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Craig Ludwig

vCash: 500
Obnoxious "So Called" Habs fans, what can we do?

I bought Season's Tickets this year in the Whites because my 5 year old son absolutely loves going to the games (as does his dad).

Unfortunately, in the section I am in (305), there is a row of about 4-5 regulars that just show up there to yell idiotic comments at O'Byrne, Lapierre, Kostopolous, or for that matter any Hab that they chose to pick on that night. Against the Islanders, they are the morons you could hear most clearly chanting O'Byrne all night. These guys are 2 rows above me.

These guys are actually wearing Habs jerseys, which boggles my mind that they're actually Habs fans. There was a woman in the section who yelled at them and asked why they don't support their team, and all they did was mock her after that.

Not to mention that it's laced with profanities that you don't want your 5 year old to hear, but I understand that you'll hear that at hockey games. Add to that they're pissed drunk all the time, so they get louder and more obnoxious as the game goes on.

I am losing my desire to go to the games, I get so frustrated that I can't even focus on the game. Has anyone alse been this annoyed before, and if so have you done anything (like talking to security)? I've had dreams of going up there and just decking them, but am well above something like that.

Craig Ludwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 01:09 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I’ll buy your season tickets off you

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

They yell **** at Kostopoulos? These guys really are idiots, someone should sucker them.

Andrighetto Fabolous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 01:19 PM
number 11

i hate idiots like this, theres always a few that boo koivu, boo the anthems (both) etc...sometimes you just need to yell at them and they'll shut up

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ludwig View Post
I bought Season's Tickets this year in the Whites because my 5 year old son absolutely loves going to the games (as does his dad).

Unfortunately, in the section I am in (305), there is a row of about 4-5 regulars that just show up there to yell idiotic comments at O'Byrne, Lapierre, Kostopolous, or for that matter any Hab that they chose to pick on that night. Against the Islanders, they are the morons you could hear most clearly chanting O'Byrne all night. These guys are 2 rows above me.

These guys are actually wearing Habs jerseys, which boggles my mind that they're actually Habs fans. There was a woman in the section who yelled at them and asked why they don't support their team, and all they did was mock her after that.

Not to mention that it's laced with profanities that you don't want your 5 year old to hear, but I understand that you'll hear that at hockey games. Add to that they're pissed drunk all the time, so they get louder and more obnoxious as the game goes on.

I am losing my desire to go to the games, I get so frustrated that I can't even focus on the game. Has anyone alse been this annoyed before, and if so have you done anything (like talking to security)? I've had dreams of going up there and just decking them, but am well above something like that.
Write a letter to the Habs, identifying section and seats. Indicate that you're paying big bucks, that the language is abusive and you don't want you son hearing that. Indicate that they are drunk. Mention that it is awful what these people do to tarnish the canadiens' reputation, reflecting poorly on the organization. Ask to have your tickets moved to another section.
Ask to meet with someone from the organization to discuss this.
If response is inadequate, write a nice letter to La Presse - that'll get the Habs attention.
Then, complain to security every time they go too far.
Anything I forgot? Add it in your letter.

Edit : I would add : don't yell at them and don't get into an altercation (even verbal) - that's only dragging yourself down to their level.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ludwig View Post

If 4 or 5 guys are louder than the rest of our crowd, or if the people around them altogether cannot tell them to shut the **** up, we've got a worst crowd than I thought....There are always dumb people everywhere, there are. But it's really for the others who are not suppose to be dumb to be louder than them....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 01:27 PM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Write a letter to the Habs, identifying section and seats. Indicate that you're paying big bucks, that the language is abusive and you don't want you son hearing that. Indicate that they are drunk. Mention that it is awful what these people do to tarnish the canadiens' reputation, reflecting poorly on the organization. Ask to have your tickets moved to another section.
If response is inadequate, write a nice letter to La Presse - that'll get the Habs attention.

Edit : I would add : don't yell at them and don't get into an altercation (even verbal) - that's only dragging yourself down to their level.
seems to me that is the right way of handling that particular situation. Good job gros bill

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Lucius

Quote:

Listen to him

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
seems to me that is the right way of handling that particular situation. Good job gros bill
Yeah, I'm a master of self-control. My first response was "wack 'em with a shovel"

Old
11-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:

What he said !

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Live with it.
The world is filed with dumb people. You can't avoid them.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

Use your ignore list. Don't forget to tell them you're putting them on it, that'll teach them.

And yeah, I would lower to their level. Bring your biggest, meanest looking friend. As soon as they say something, he shall take care of the situation ...

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Live with it.
Unless you can get them kicked out.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 01:44 PM
BadHabit

I would also bring it up with the usher in your section... I heard that they are quite helpful in these situations and don't put up with crap.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
I would also bring it up with the usher in your section... I heard that they are quite helpful in these situations and don't put up with crap.
Actually, that's probably the first thing he should do.

Old
11-27-2008, 01:53 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Live with it.
Actually, you can.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 01:58 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
My brother and a friend brought an 8 year old to a football game in Winnipeg. Not knowing the satdium and what sections are known for what, he sat in what must be the area's Dodge City. It turned out to be unpleasant, the kid was subjected to some stuff that he shouldn't, some beer got spilled on them, etc. My brother's the type to handle these things quickly, but wasn't alone so....

He went to the ushers, who couldn't be bothered, in fact they were reluctant to get involved. He contacted the Bombers who admitted it was a prtoblem, sent him some free tickets, different section I assume, but I doubt that anything was adressed.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Rocket Jr.

Start chanting Go Habs Go, it will take a minute for the crowd to pick it up and you should not hear them. Do that when ever needed, it works most of the time.

Rocket Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 02:02 PM
7th Player

tell them to GTFO if they dont support the team

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Habinger

What Gros Bill said, excellent advice.

Habinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 02:07 PM
Coldplay
Courage

+6 on Gros Bill.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Carbo N8

[QUOTE=Gros Bill;16531949]Yeah, I'm a master of self-control. My first response was "wack 'em with a shovel"[/QUOTE]

Good idea, but, how do you sneak it in under your jacket?

Carbo N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Scuba-Steve

[QUOTE=Carbo N8;16533984]
Quote:
Yeah, I'm a master of self-control. My first response was "wack 'em with a shovel"[/QUOTE]

Good idea, but, how do you sneak it in under your jacket?
Buy a retractable one...

Scuba-Steve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Carbo N8

[QUOTE=Scuba-Steve;16534343]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8 View Post

Buy a retractable one...
New-fangled contraptions.

Carbo N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 05:11 PM
SeNaToR PhIL

Quote:
Write a letter to the Habs, identifying section and seats. Indicate that you're paying big bucks
No offense to anyone here, but isn't section 305 is right up in the rafters; the cheap seats. You won't be finding too many quiet CEO's there.

SeNaToR PhIL is offline   Reply With Quote