HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Kings @ Flames, Game 22

View Poll Results: Which line was the Flames' MVL tonight?
Cammalleri - Lombardi - Iginla 8 33.33%
Bertuzzi - Langkow - Moss 1 4.17%
Glencross - Conroy - Bourque 15 62.50%
One of the defensive pairings 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Snoil11

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
PGT: Kings @ Flames, Game 22

Fire away!

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:06 PM
KiwiFlamesFan

MVP for me was the top line. They set the tempo in the first and the rest of the team followed.

The last goal was a bit annoying but the two points are great.

Hope Keenan keeps the line combos for Vancouver!

KiwiFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:07 PM
sonetlumiere

great all around effort. seriously hope these lines are concrete after tonights showing. really impressed with the third line and especially pardy's play. game mvp easily goes to lombo and the first line.

btw, where was boyd in the third?

sonetlumiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:11 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Great to get the win tonight.

I really liked the top line tonight and I hope they stay together for the next game, but my MVP vote tonight goes to the Glencross-Conroy-Bourque line.

Glencross: 3 pts
Conroy: 3 pts
Bourque: 2 pts

Need I say more?

Good game by Kiprusoff, too.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:11 PM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

vCash: 50
Lombardi. FINALLY using his speed to show that he can anchor the top line.

Keenan, keep these lines for Vancouver!

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:13 PM
KiwiFlamesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Great to get the win tonight.

I really liked the top line tonight and I hope they stay together for the next game, but my MVP vote tonight goes to the Glencross-Conroy-Bourque line.

Glencross: 3 pts
Conroy: 3 pts
Bourque: 2 pts

Need I say more?

Good game by Kiprusoff, too.
Wow, that's a great stat line for the 3rd line

Old
11-25-2008, 11:14 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 1075
Third Period
What a strange period this one turned out to be. Another four powerplays, and some wierd play by the Flames. They would be really on and then really off. On the whole it was a good period, but really the Flames should have been much more focused even with a 4 goal lead. There is never ever any reason to let up on the gas, and the Flames did exactly that at times. And were burned twice because of it.
The powerplay unit again had a large amout of work, and again they managed to capitalize on only one of their chances. After they allow a shorthanded goal at that. They did redeem themselves immediately, as Lombardi made a gorgeous pass to get Moss a goal. I also look at Bertuzzi as a large part of the problem here. He was lazy and floating and making very very ill advised passes. Seriously, stop with the no look backpass until you’ve gotten your team used to it, cause you, Mr Bertuzzi are causing all sorts of headaches with that.
The game was never in doubt as of the halfway point of the third, and as a result it seemed the Flames stopped playing with any form of urgency. And of course they allow a goal in the last minute as a direct result of it. I cannot stress enough a FULL SIXTY MINUTE EFFORT!! No exceptions.

Overall Impressions
A good game for the Flames. A dominant win, and an important one. This will give the Flames a much needed ego boost going forward. The confidence you gain from a game where you score at will, is not something to be taken lightly. I also should expexct that to carry forward to the next few games.
I was so very very impressed with the work of Lombardi and Glencross tonight. They both skated like demons, made great plays and forced the Kings back on the heels more than a few times. Glencross was exception tonight, and I expect so much more of him now, as he’s just shown us how capable he actually is.

Three Stars By Me
1. Curtis Glencross
2. Craig Conroy
3. Matthew Lombardi
HM goes to Iggy. He worked his buttocks off tonight, but was edged out by Lombo’s superior effort.

Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:20 PM
GoFlames

I voted for the third line. I dig how the third line can be so dynamic. Kudos for Lombardi coming off his frustrating start and injury to make a splash. I hope he can be a major contendor fir top ice time minutes this season... hope he can put the light on more this year.

Either way I could have voted for really any of the choices. Good solid win. Now to win both versus YVR.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:37 PM
abracanada

Team depth is getting serious now. Third line, second line, it does not seem to matter. This developement can only take some of the pressure off of Iggy. Glencross is the star tonight IMHO. Now, keep it rolling on the Nucks.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Grannys

Before I got here I was thinking I wanted to vote for specific line... and you guys read my mind, that is what I had to choose from. And I went with Iggy, Lombo and Cammy, had to!! Those guys were all over the place. Even though many of their chances didnt find the back of the net I loved this line and I hope it stays.

But man of man was I impressed by that 3rd line also

Superb game!! Well maybe a few little cough ups from the D but it happens. Phaneuf was a little all over the place and could of stayed home more, maybe that would of given Kipper the shutout. Oh well... we got the win!!!

Good to see this team finding a system and a character within the game. Keep it up!!!

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:44 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
You guys saw the game right?

Disastrous loss.. but how did Doughty play?

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 12:00 AM
GoFlames

I missed the first period but Doughty is always a beast... I dig him and think LAK could be happier they got him instead of Stamkos... but this is early on of course.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 12:18 AM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Missed most of the game but does anyone know what happened to Boyd? Sounds like he got hit and didn't come back. Really hope it is nothing serious.

Really liked the lines Keenan set for tonight and they definetly paid off. Cammalleri and Iggy looked great together. Lombardi was flying tonight as well and looked good with those two. That third line was just outstanding. Glencross has been great all season, but the last couple weeks hes probably been the best forward on the team. Nice to see Bourque pot a couple and how much better does Conroy look as a third liner. The one negative had to be Langkow and Bertuzzi. Only saw the third period, but both are struggling big time right now especially Langkow. He needs to step it up and get going. Haven't been that pleased with him the last couple weeks.

Home and home against the Canucks is going to be huge. Lets keep the lines together Keenan and beat those Canucks.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 12:28 AM
Grub
First Line Troll

vCash: 883
The Nucks are 8-0-2 in the last 10 games. It won't be easy, but I can see Calgary snapping their streak. Sanford is gonna give sooner or later.

Grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 04:35 AM
Pardy Time

That third line was great. Glencross and Bourque used their speed well and Conroy played a good defensive game, despite having a couple turnovers. Bourque and Glencross should stay together, they have great chemistry.

My MVP goes to Bourque. HM to Glencross.

Pardy Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 04:38 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
Missed most of the game but does anyone know what happened to Boyd? Sounds like he got hit and didn't come back. Really hope it is nothing serious.

Upper body injury. Not sure how serious it is, but he did make the trip to Vancouver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
Cammalleri and Iggy looked great together.

Yeah, they really did and I hope to see those two stick together on that top line. I'd rather see Iginla play with Cammalleri than with Bertuzzi. It's nice to see someone on that top line who isn't always looking for Iginla on every scoring opportunity.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 01:45 PM
KiwiFlamesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX attack View Post
You guys saw the game right?

Disastrous loss.. but how did Doughty play?
I thought Doughty played well. It was the first time I'd seen him but I had to keep reminding myself he's not even 19 yet!!!

It would have been interesting to see his and his teams reaction if dion had of landed that hit he had lined up on Doughty in the first but the kid was quick enough to get out of the way.