HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston and Calgary

Old
11-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Brian28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Almost a guarentee, when you open a thread for a trade proposal and Boston you see a guy like Lucic, Bergeron, or Kessel offered up for table scraps.

Bourque, Sarich, the first?

Ok, how about this:

Nokeleinen, Ward, and a 1st
for
Hemsky, a top prospect, and a middle tier prospect
Are you thinking maybe Phaneuf? I think Calgary would be all over your proposed deal as it royally screws Edmonton over.

Last edited by Brian28: 11-26-2008 at 06:27 PM. Reason: typo
Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 12:09 AM
Oblivion

Sarich isn't as bad of value as everyone is making him out to be, one of the Flames d-men who is actually playing well. I don't think Boston would give up Bergeron for him and I don't think Calgary would be able to deal him away anyways. Without Sarich, Pardy becomes the 6th d-man on a healthy roster. That's a shamefully weak blueline, especially considering the injuries currently affecting the blueline.

Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 05:58 AM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Pagan View Post
Sarich isn't demonstrably worse than any of these guys except probably Mitchell and he's demonstrably better than Rivet and Stuart. Couple that with the fact that you'd be getting Sarich a 27 year old for another 3 years at a fair contract then I don't see what your point is.
You need to look up his birthday again, Sarich is not 27 years old, he was born on August 16, 1978 making him 30 years old.

I like Sarich but Bergeron holds a lot more value than Sarich does now or at any point of his career. Concussion problem or not Bergeron is a great young two-way forward with a point per game potential.

TJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 07:03 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeRocks! View Post
seeing how eklund is saying boston has interest in sarich, here it goes

Calgary:
Bergeron (4.75 mill)
Jeff Penner
Matt Lashoff

Boston:
Sarich (3.6 mill)
Bourque (1.3 mill) or Lombardi (1.8 mill)
2010 Calgary 1rst round draft pick

Reasoning: well boston apparantly wants sarich, and calgary gets a 21 and 22 year old d prospects, both who can not crack a bruins defence core where andrew ference is 3rd in d man ice time, currently averaging 22 minutes and 25 seconds of ice time per game on, and in the 5 games he played with calgary in 2006-2007, he average 11 minutes and 46 seconds of ice time per game. bergeron has 14 points in 21 games, which puts him 4th on the team, and he is 8th on the team in goals. that is pretty good for a second round draft pick, but expectations are high after he led the team in scoring in 2005-2006. we all know about the concussion, but maybe the 23 year old just needs a new place to get going again. bourque or lombardi are both young guys who are fast, but bourque brings toughness and a big shot to, but both have yet to translate it into points. adding lombardi would put the bruins over the top of the cap, but since we are a quarter of the season in, they would fit under, since people have already been paid a quarter of their salaries.

thoughts????
My thought....or maybe a question....after you said "reasoning.." why didnt you give any reasons as to why Boston would make a ridiculously stupid trade like this?

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:48 AM
Ronald Pagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJF View Post
You need to look up his birthday again, Sarich is not 27 years old, he was born on August 16, 1978 making him 30 years old.

I like Sarich but Bergeron holds a lot more value than Sarich does now or at any point of his career. Concussion problem or not Bergeron is a great young two-way forward with a point per game potential.
My bad on the age.

Nevertheless...

You can't discount the concussion problem. It's a part of Bergeron's valuation and every GM in the league who would trade for him will take that into account and will NOT give what you think full value is by disregarding his injury. Not at this stage at least.

Now I mean sure Sarich holds probably less value than Bergeron. I was just responding to the dolts in this thread that stated that Sarich as garbage and that this trade was no where near realistic. I think value-wise, it's close. Infact the first rounder probably pushes it over the edge.

Ronald Pagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
All this BS talk about Bergeron's concussion and how it lowers his value is just stupid. If his value is so low, don't put him in your proposals, 'cause he wont be traded for table scraps.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 02:57 PM
RonFreakingSwanson
Meat Tornado

Sarich is definitely not scraps but he doesn't come close to giving the return Boston would expect in dealing Bergeron. It's already been said but Bergeron is valued in Boston above and beyond the points he puts on the board. He plays in all areas of the game and is the Bruins best all around player, and at this moment he is #2 in the league for faceoff win % which very important. The offense will come and if you watch any Boston games you can tell with every game he is starting to get back where he was before the concussion. I would go maybe Sobotka, Hnidy and a 2nd for Sarich and Lombardi.....I don't think that works though considering the salary cap.

RonFreakingSwanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 03:19 PM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Pagan View Post
My bad on the age.

Nevertheless...

You can't discount the concussion problem. It's a part of Bergeron's valuation and every GM in the league who would trade for him will take that into account and will NOT give what you think full value is by disregarding his injury. Not at this stage at least.

Now I mean sure Sarich holds probably less value than Bergeron. I was just responding to the dolts in this thread that stated that Sarich as garbage and that this trade was no where near realistic. I think value-wise, it's close. Infact the first rounder probably pushes it over the edge.
That's fine than let other GM's think that, I'd rather have Chiarelli hold onto Bergeron and his concussion problem than.

As for the proposed deal I really think Boston loses this by a land slide. If the tables were turned and Bergeron were a flame and Sarich a Bruin would Sarich + a scrub and a draft pick be a good return for Bergeron and a top prospect (Lashoff)? Keeping in mind that you'd basically lose your 1st/2nd line center for a stay at home d-man who makes over 3 million per year?

TJF is offline   Reply With Quote